Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Four nights short of Globalist - recommendations?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Four nights short of Globalist - recommendations?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2019, 2:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Swiss Senator, Flying Blue Gold, BA EC Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by jinrop
Dont forget about the double stay credits at the unbound collection hotels if you are eligible.for the promo. Looks like the Hotel Martinez in Cannes is a fantastic deal for a mattress run at 2 nights elite credit per 160 euro night, Hotel Sofia Barcelona also very reasonable at doble stay credits etc.

link to sign up for promo
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...le-nights.html
That's a really good idea, thank you. I've just signed up to the promo!
Old Nov 14, 2019, 3:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jinrop
Dont forget about the double stay credits at the unbound collection hotels if you are eligible.for the promo. Looks like the Hotel Martinez in Cannes is a fantastic deal for a mattress run at 2 nights elite credit per 160 euro night, Hotel Sofia Barcelona also very reasonable at doble stay credits etc.

link to sign up for promo
https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...le-nights.html
Good idea, a 2-night weekend getaway becomes the 4 nights the OP needs.

Some Hyatt hotels have historically triggered for their "old" brands rather than their current ones though. Something to keep in mind for the Martinez which used to be a Grand... I suspect it would be fixable, but the uncertainly would be annoying when trying to hit exactly 60 nights.
Mozart0815 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 7:51 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Lifetime Platinum; Hyatt Diamond/GLOB
If you have current travel planned with Hyatt and don't want to make an additional trip, you can always add an extra night that you do not need on the back end of an existing reservation.

Instead of checking out on Thursday, book through Friday and then still leave on Thursday but keep the room until Friday.

That way, you do not have any additional travel expenses that can accompany a mattress run.
Mozart0815 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 9:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
HR Belgrade is cat 1 so 5000 points per night and Belgrade is a great city for a long weekend in terms of food and sightseeing. There are also two cat 2 Hyatts in central Istanbul that might be worth a look.
Mozart0815 likes this.
Old Nov 14, 2019, 10:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Chris0815
With my current travel plans it looks like I’ll be ending the year with 56 nights, four nights short of Globalist.

What would you recommend?

Are the additional benefits of Globalist va Explorist even worth it?

I’m a bit hesitant booking a 4 day stay in Europe just for the sake of status given prices of Hyatt properties over here, and don’t want to travel oversees for this. Any thoughts?

Is there any grace period for making stays of early 2020 count?
Hyatt Place Frankfurt Airport is quite cheap, a friend of mine just booked 10 nights there.

The qualification period ends with checkout on 31 DEC - no exceptions.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 12:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Hyatt Place Frankfurt Airport is quite cheap, a friend of mine just booked 10 nights there.

The qualification period ends with checkout on 31 DEC - no exceptions.
Thanks, I may just go there over the weekend.

Just to double check, free nights book with points do count towards the 60 days, correct?
Old Nov 21, 2019, 12:29 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Chris0815
Thanks, I may just go there over the weekend.

Just to double check, free nights book with points do count towards the 60 days, correct?
Yes
Mozart0815 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 9:43 am
Original Poster

This forum is really killing me. Now I'm staying voluntarily four more nights in a hotel, on my own money (or at least on my own points), on top of at least 80 o 90 nights that I was already away from home this year.

Still feeling a bit weird about this.

That said, the Hyatt Regency in Mainz that I'm currently staying at turns out to be quite nice overall. Tomorrow, I'll try out the nearby Hyatt Place Frankfurt Airport.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 2:27 pm
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by Kacee
Mattress run. Find the cheapest convenient Hyatt and run four nights.
Yes.
I second that. Normally I would say we need to know your travel plans in 2020 to assess whether Globalist will be worth it for you, but for 99% of folks an extra 4 nights on the cheap anywhere will definitely be worth it.
Mozart0815 likes this.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 11:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Mozart0815
This forum is really killing me. Now I'm staying voluntarily four more nights in a hotel, on my own money (or at least on my own points), on top of at least 80 o 90 nights that I was already away from home this year.
You don't need to stay. Just check in, pay and go home. Wouldn't think in a million years to spend more than a few hours at the HP Frankfurt Airport.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 11:50 pm
Original Poster

You don't need to stay. Just check in, pay and go home. Wouldn't think in a million years to spend more than a few hours at the HP Frankfurt Airport.
That is the plan indeed.
skywalkerLAX likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 1:03 am

Programs: American Express Platinum, Chase Sapphire Reserve
Originally Posted by Mozart0815
That is the plan indeed.
I'm going to go for Globalist in 2020 but based on my current travel plans will likely be at around 53 stays, plus 7 nights from the WOH credit card, I'll barely make it. But I recently did a rough calculation of the value of the benefits I'm likely to be able to take advantage of in 2021 (since my travel schedule is looking to be similar for 2021) -- it's pretty easy to calculate it, given the various free night certificates, guaranteed suite upgrades, and so on --- for me, not even trying to count the value of complimentary upgrades and so on, it's easily worth at least $2000/year and likely far more than that. So if it makes you feel any better spending a little money to do a mattress run for this is well worth it.
Mozart0815 likes this.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 4:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
This is not 100% risk free. Some hotels will notice after a day or two that you have not been in the room and will check you out. Whether this specific hotel does or not, you cannot know. I’d think a hotel airport might be more likely to do so.

If I were doing this, I would just tell the management. Call them ahead of checkin to be sure it’s ok.
Old Nov 22, 2019, 9:40 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
This is not 100% risk free. Some hotels will notice after a day or two that you have not been in the room and will check you out. Whether this specific hotel does or not, you cannot know. I’d think a hotel airport might be more likely to do so.
If I were doing this, I would just tell the management. Call them ahead of checkin to be sure it’s ok.
Alternatively, when you check in, leave a note with the front desk that you may be out of your room for a day or two and you want to stay checked in. The older "leave out do not disturb" doesn't generally work any more, but you should be ok if you have some sort of contact with the hotel about it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.