Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

WOH Credit Card spend posted to WOH Account but not Elite Nights

WOH Credit Card spend posted to WOH Account but not Elite Nights

Old Nov 8, 2019, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Made Globalist Now What?

Made Globalist and Free Category 1-7 night is showing up in WOH account it says,

”Promotional Free Night Award” with a May Expiration, but all other Award Nights say Category 1-4 Free Night.

My questions:

Is it normal to show Cat 1-7 Certificates like this?

When trying to book a stay using it (tried several dates) none show as able to use it, even though they show able to book with 30k points for the stay. Looking at 1 Night stays and only the 30k Points show as available.

Never had a Cat 1-7 before so just wondering if it’s normal to read that way in the Awards section and if there’s something special to do to use them.

Last edited by Matt4200; Nov 9, 2019 at 12:36 am Reason: Needed to be updated
Old Nov 9, 2019, 1:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Why is your thread title about the credit card?
Old Nov 9, 2019, 1:05 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

OP - just a suggestion. Perhaps you might consider posting your queries in appropriate forums e.g. newbie flame-free questions, instead of being a serial thread-starter for any queries that might have suddenly popped into your head.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 1:12 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Why is your thread title about the credit card?
Tried to edit the title, guessing its waiting on mod approval.

Originally points posted to Hyatt account, but no Elite Nights. Then Elite Nights got added in, but now the Certificate isn’t useable online after checking 4 Cat 7 properties that show points availability.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 1:15 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by solewalker
OP - just a suggestion. Perhaps you might consider posting your queries in appropriate forums e.g. newbie flame-free questions, instead of being a serial thread-starter for any queries that might have suddenly popped into your head.
Sorry, I will try to post in the appropriate forum going forward.

I just didn’t know the Newbie section was for Globalists I thought it was more for people just getting introduced to Hyatt like new members or Discoverists who just got the CC and attained their status that way. Just why I didn’t post there, but if you’re saying that’s the right spot I’ll try next time.
solewalker likes this.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 6:11 am

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Originally Posted by Matt4200
I just didn’t know the Newbie section was for Globalists I thought it was more for people just getting introduced to Hyatt like new members or Discoverists who just got the CC and attained their status that way. Just why I didn’t post there, but if you’re saying that’s the right spot I’ll try next time.
You're a newbie globalist As for your enquiry, just call the hotline to use the certificate
Old Nov 9, 2019, 9:01 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Hydro88
You're a newbie globalist As for your enquiry, just call the hotline to use the certificate
Lol they should have a New to Globalist thread

But it is normal not to be able to book it online? That’s strange.

Last edited by Matt4200; Nov 9, 2019 at 9:19 am
Old Nov 9, 2019, 9:57 am

Agreed. It should work. I have a cert in my account. If you want to post a hotel name, I can try to see if mine would work. I typically use them online.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by josephstern
Agreed. It should work. I have a cert in my account. If you want to post a hotel name, I can try to see if mine would work. I typically use them online.
Ventana - April 12th/13th it shows the points availability but where it would show to book using the Category Certificate it’s not there.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond

Just email your concierge.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 1:39 pm

Programs: LH, WoH, Bonvoy, ALL, SH-L
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Just call! I don't understand why people are so adverse to it. It takes 5min and is always a pleasant experience.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Just call! I don't understand why people are so adverse to it. It takes 5min and is always a pleasant experience.
I don’t understand why no one who is a Glob with a Cat 1-7 Cert can’t check?

And if it’s not bookable online why it isn’t? It doesn’t make much sense since the Cat 1-4 Certs can be used online or through the app.
Old Nov 9, 2019, 2:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Because I absolutely LOATHE talking on the phone, holding, pushing 17 buttons to get through a phone tree, etc. Not to mention the possibility of errors when things are spoken.

I write my concierge an email of a couple sentences relating what I want. I get an email back and I can read to verify it’s right. Done
Old Nov 9, 2019, 3:00 pm

I don’t understand why no one who is a Glob with a Cat 1-7 Cert can’t check?
There's always cases where free nights (awards, certs, etc) won't book properly online and cases where you want to combine different types of nights (paid + award, paid + promo cert, different promo certs, points + promo certs or even just using one promo cert or just points). It's just easier to call to book them. For globalists, when you get a concierge, you can just email them to take care of stuff like this for you. Or you can call for instant gratification. It's easier to call then to post, even if it's to check availability.

In some cases, like Andaz Maui, the property imposes restrictions on award night bookings, like must be 7 nights or 10 nights, in those cases you'll have to research the property here and follow the advice of other FTers who have figured out how to work around them.

-David
Old Nov 11, 2019, 3:50 pm

Ventana - April 12th/13th it shows the points availability but where it would show to book using the Category Certificate it’s not there.

Just had a sec to check. I can't book it either.

But I tried several other hotels, and I couldn't use my Cat 1-7 cert at any of them.

I think you do have to call, unfortunately. I hate calling myself, but I think it's the only option left here.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.