Wiki Posts
Search

Award Stay Booking issues.

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2019, 11:08 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Award Stay Booking issues.

Trying to book an Award stay for late April and this morning Award availability showed available with a Cash Rate of $491 which is the same as it shows right now.

I checked other dates dates and found Award availability even when the base rate is $626.

Hoping someone maybe more experienced could chime in with help? I emailed the property asking them to see if their revenue manager could reach out to me to hopefully get the reservation through I had luck with that at HC Waikiki.

Last edited by Matt4200; Nov 4, 2019 at 11:30 pm
Old Nov 5, 2019, 1:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
The room rate has nothing to do with it. What you need is availability for the basic, standard room.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 7:04 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
There may also be a minimum stay requirement for award availability.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
The room rate has nothing to do with it. What you need is availability for the basic, standard room.

The 1 King Bed Forest View is a Standard Room at this property.

Originally Posted by 59Impala
There may also be a minimum stay requirement for award availability.
Theres no minimum stay requirement for awards. I’ve checked other dates and even a two night stay has availability. I’m looking for a 4 night stay. I looked yesterday morning and it showed up as available, but now it’s not.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 8:49 am

Originally Posted by Matt4200

Theres no minimum stay requirement for awards. I’ve checked other dates and even a two night stay has availability. I’m looking for a 4 night stay. I looked yesterday morning and it showed up as available, but now it’s not.
No it isn't.

Just because other dates don't have minimum stay requirements doesn't mean they don't exist, i.e. holidays.

There may have only been one basic king room left and someone booked it. Happens to all of us.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dsnow0819
No it isn't.

Just because other dates don't have minimum stay requirements doesn't mean they don't exist, i.e. holidays.

There may have only been one basic king room left and someone booked it. Happens to all of us.
No one is saying they don’t exist, but I contacted the property and they said they have no min stay requirements for award stays.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 9:53 am

No one is saying they don’t exist, but I contacted the property and they said they have no min stay requirements for award stays.
I was simply correcting your mistake that minimum stay requirements don't exist. The hotel just may not have them for your dates but they do have them. I stayed over New Year's and can tell you they do have minimum stays.

The fact remains the Forest View isn't the standard award room in this property. You are SOL as they say.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 11:39 am

1 King Bed or 2 Double Beds are likely the Standard Rooms.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/co...yo/liraz/rooms

If there is a question on the standard room for a property, I usually look at the property's room page and seek look for the room names with the least amount of description.
Old Nov 5, 2019, 12:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Dsnow0819
I was simply correcting your mistake that minimum stay requirements don't exist. The hotel just may not have them for your dates but they do have them. I stayed over New Year's and can tell you they do have minimum stays.

The fact remains the Forest View isn't the standard award room in this property. You are SOL as they say.
Originally Posted by tearex
1 King Bed or 2 Double Beds are likely the Standard Rooms.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/co...yo/liraz/rooms

If there is a question on the standard room for a property, I usually look at the property's room page and seek look for the room names with the least amount of description.
According to WOH only Standard Rooms can be booked with points. Since the 1 King Bed Forest View Room is Shown as bookable with Points on other dates it is considered a standard room at this property.

I sent their Twitter team screenshots showing it is bookable on other dates and even when the cash rate is $600+. They said they’re looking into it, but do agree it is a standard room.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 7:28 am

According to WOH only Standard Rooms can be booked with points. Since the 1 King Bed Forest View Room is Shown as bookable with Points on other dates it is considered a standard room at this property.

I sent their Twitter team screenshots showing it is bookable on other dates and even when the cash rate is $600+. They said they’re looking into it, but do agree it is a standard room.
That is a change from last year. I had to book a standard king. Good luck.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 11:40 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I've seen both options available at various times. When I initially booked for MAR 2020, only King Room was available via points even though the King Forrest Room was available on a cash rate.

When I cancelled and moved to Apr 2020 I had the option to select King Room OR King Forrest View Room on points.

Seems to possibly vary based on availability?
Old Nov 6, 2019, 11:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
The incorrect assumption is that a Forest View room is a standard room because on certain dates it is made available using points.

There is nothing stopping a hotel from offering more award availability on select dates than the bare minimum required of them by WoH.
Dsm2m2 likes this.
Old Nov 6, 2019, 12:36 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WOH - Globalist, HHonors - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by craigthemif
The incorrect assumption is that a Forest View room is a standard room because on certain dates it is made available using points.

There is nothing stopping a hotel from offering more award availability on select dates than the bare minimum required of them by WoH.
I had the same exact experience with Andaz Papagayo over a year ago, with Forest View rooms showing as bookable on points, but not consistently, even if available for cash. The standard "King" rooms with no view description were always available on points if available for cash. The Twitter team could not do anything... Unfortunately it is what it is in my experience. If the hotel wants to open extra categories for award bookings, they can, but they don't have to.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.