List of Hyatts at ski resorts?

Old Nov 4, 19, 9:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Kettel, WN Companion Pass
List of Hyatts at ski resorts?

Just made globalist, so I've got a cat1-7 night, some suite upgrades, bunch of points. I was curious if anyone has a list of ski resorts where there's a Hyatt? Their site doesn't make such a search possible. Only ones I've easily found are Beaver Creek, Park City, Keystone (Hyatt Place). We stay at Hyatt Place Keystone all the time and love it, but with the new status and some points I was thinking we'd try one of the super nice properties this ski season. Thanks
Old Nov 4, 19, 10:03 am

In US also lake tahoe.
Plus many residence clubs in colorado and tahoe...
Old Nov 4, 19, 12:54 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Another US property is the Grand Hyatt Vail. Until recently, this was the Hotel Talisa, part of Marriott's Luxury Collection.
Old Nov 4, 19, 1:41 pm

New one coming in Hokkaido
Old Nov 4, 19, 2:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Isnt it time that hyatt enters the utah ski market - Escala Lodge Park City 11/23/10

Several nice SLH in Alps although I think they are Cat 8.
Old Nov 4, 19, 6:07 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AAdvantage EXP
Hyatt Centric La Rosiere in the south of France.
Old Nov 5, 19, 1:28 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Several of the Destination Hotels announced earlier today are in ski resorts - Snowmass, Stowe, Squaw Valley, and Vail, see https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...or-Night_Nov19 Note that there are several properties that don't offer Glob benefits or allow for free night award redemption.
Old Nov 5, 19, 2:54 pm

Programs: Skymiles; SPG; AAdvantage
Hyatt Keystone in Colorado
Old Nov 5, 19, 10:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Hyatt Centric Park City is good, Plus all the regular HP and HH properties in SLC.
Old Nov 7, 19, 9:39 am

Programs: BAEC gold, M&M FQTV
HR Lake Tahoe, Rusty Parrot Jackson WY in the US and then all of the hotels in the Alps or the Dolomites (mostly SLH, many of which are cat. 8). Besides all the ones in Colorado and Utah that you mentioned.
Old Dec 31, 20, 10:18 am
formerly wchinchen

Programs: DL DM, AA EXP, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Ambassador
Grand Hyatt Vail vs Hyatt Place Beaver Creek

Hi folks,

Trying to plan a March trip, and would you recommmend GH Vail or HP Beaver Creek? Assume the ski/snowboard trails are a non factor.

Currently we are staying at Hyatt Regency Lake Tahoe and love it.

Thanks.
Old Dec 31, 20, 4:56 pm

Ya many recommend coming to beaver creek with hyatt place expectations...
Old Jan 1, 21, 9:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Kettel, WN Companion Pass
I've never been to Vail, but I'm actually at PH Beaver Creek right now; came out for a Sunday-Saturday stay so leaving tomorrow. This was my first trip to Beaver Creek and honestly am a bit underwhelmed with it from a skiing perspective. There are very few mid mountain lifts, so if you really want to explore the different peaks, you're forced down through a base lift and the waits have been pretty bad. I get that it's a holiday week but the mountain is also supposedly at reduced capacity so who knows. The five or so mid mountain lifts have also been pretty bad on waits prior to about 2pm when things thin out greatly.

As far as the hotel goes, it has been fantastic. The breakfast buffet is reservation only but they booked us for a standing reservation every day of the stay at check-in. They have spaced things out very well and the staff are all wearing masks. There are large plexiglass walls in front of the buffet food so you tell them what you'd like and they dish it up; so no guests sneezing and sniffling all over the food. I hope it stays this way indefinitely lol. The ski valet is awesome; pull up, hand over your skis, they take care of the rest. You can even call down and have them get your skis out before you get there.

I will point out that the ski in / ski out aspect is not ideal if that's your thing. The lift behind the hotel only serves a couple green kids slopes. You're walking a hundred or two yards to the centennial lift if you intend to go up on the real mountain. It's not a huge deal, but it can be a hassle if you're juggling kids or don't have comfortable ski boots and really wanted to be able to walk out the door and onto a lift you intend to use.
HaleiwaFlyer likes this.
Old Jan 1, 21, 9:52 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt EXP
Originally Posted by pdisme View Post
I've never been to Vail, but I'm actually at PH Beaver Creek right now; came out for a Sunday-Saturday stay so leaving tomorrow. This was my first trip to Beaver Creek and honestly am a bit underwhelmed with it from a skiing perspective. There are very few mid mountain lifts, so if you really want to explore the different peaks, you're forced down through a base lift and the waits have been pretty bad. I get that it's a holiday week but the mountain is also supposedly at reduced capacity so who knows. The five or so mid mountain lifts have also been pretty bad on waits prior to about 2pm when things thin out greatly.

As far as the hotel goes, it has been fantastic. The breakfast buffet is reservation only but they booked us for a standing reservation every day of the stay at check-in. They have spaced things out very well and the staff are all wearing masks. There are large plexiglass walls in front of the buffet food so you tell them what you'd like and they dish it up; so no guests sneezing and sniffling all over the food. I hope it stays this way indefinitely lol. The ski valet is awesome; pull up, hand over your skis, they take care of the rest. You can even call down and have them get your skis out before you get there.

I will point out that the ski in / ski out aspect is not ideal if that's your thing. The lift behind the hotel only serves a couple green kids slopes. You're walking a hundred or two yards to the centennial lift if you intend to go up on the real mountain. It's not a huge deal, but it can be a hassle if you're juggling kids or don't have comfortable ski boots and really wanted to be able to walk out the door and onto a lift you intend to use.
Itís still early season so maybe a lot of the terrain hasnít opened yet. But I really like Beaver Creek. Itís more manageable than Vail. You def can ski across the mountains, just take Redtail down to the bottom of Grouse Mountain and take Larkspur. BC has groomed gentle runs, to World Cup race courses, to great tree skiing.

And the walk to Centennial is pretty short. Itís no more than the walk for most ski in ski out resorts.
GUWonder and HaleiwaFlyer like this.
Old Jan 1, 21, 4:45 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Park Hyatt Changbaishan and Hyatt Regency in same complex. My employees just went and said HR better for ski in and ski out but that PH nicer

Search this Thread
Search Engine: