Wiki Posts
Search

List of Hyatts at ski resorts?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 25, 2021, 11:24 am
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by pdisme
When's your trip? Would love to know your thoughts on GH Vail after you get back; still trying to plan out next season so I can book before points get turned off.
Going mid March. I'll report back on the soft and hard product as a Globalist.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 11:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
What does this mean? Is the property planning to discontinue award nights and stays? Do you expect the property's award nights to be completely booked and thus no more available? Something else? Thank you.
Standard award nights are regularly available here, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CLEguy
Standard award nights are regularly available here, so I wouldn't worry about it.
Thank you for the insight. What about elite treatment? Upgrade? Breakfasts?
Old Jan 25, 2021, 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by TerryK
Thank you for the insight. What about elite treatment? Upgrade? Breakfasts?
No glob-specific offerings I'm aware of. Status is noted at check-in, and points posted appropriately. When it's crowded, I wouldn't expect an upgrade; in these times, suites seem to be much more available.

Breakfast, as I said upthread, is a $35/pp credit as of my last Prive stay, which is more than adequate. It can be taken in the Gessner restaurant for a la carte, or in the buffet offering which is set up in a ballroom. I'd choose Gessner. I'm unsure if it can be taken via room service (didn't ask). We're back there in early Feb so will report back as of then.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 1:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Kettel, WN Companion Pass
I've stayed there when it was previously Talisa (post-renovation) and during this ski season, with another trip coming soon. What would you like to know?
The open big items I've been curious about are:
  • I've heard it mentioned that the ski route back to the lift can be problematic for people not entirely comfortable with blues yet; doesn't matter for my immediate family but sometimes we bring relatives on our stays, so would love to know if we should plan our mountains around when certain relatives may travel with us if they're only comfortable on green, or if it won't matter.
  • If you've been to both this prop and PH Beaver Creek, anything in particular you'd consider standouts when comparing / contrasting? Now that I've been to PHBC I am familiar with that property, but given it's 5k points/night more, if they're otherwise very similar, I'd lean towards the lower price as I usually try to do 15-20 points nights for skiing and if I could save 75k+ points in a season that would be awesome to use at other times of the year. I do love all the restaurants / bars I can walk to at PH; if it hadn't been covid times it would have been a blast, but otherwise just made for convenient takeout this past trip.
  • How do the rooms you'd get using a suite upgrade compare? At PH BC, no guarantee on having a balcony or a view with a suite upgrade, but you do get a larger room, a fireplace, pull out couch. Our room on points + suite upgrade didn't have a balcony, and the view was of the roof over the door to 8100 Bar because we were on the second floor. Unfortunately it also meant we couldn't have the window open at night because we learned the first night that BC runs the groomers over the lift and ski school area from about 2a to 5a every single day lol.

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
What does this mean? Is the property planning to discontinue award nights and stays? Do you expect the property's award nights to be completely booked and thus no more available? Something else? Thank you.
Oh, sorry, I meant from the perspective of points/awards nights being turned off for high demand weeks. For example, we went to Park Hyatt Beaver Creek the week after Christmas, but I was able to use points for it because I booked it in I think July, plus attached a suite upgrade. By late August they were no longer offering points for that week and the room rate on a suite had climbed to $1800/ni. We're booked there for spring break in March too; think I booked that one in August. I had such a great time at PH that I'm thinking about booking some of next year's trips already just to ensure they're locked in on points; I can always cancel them later if dates don't work out.

I think it's cat 6 though so only the big cat1-7 award cert can be used?
Old Jan 25, 2021, 2:15 pm

The open big items I've been curious about are:
  • I've heard it mentioned that the ski route back to the lift can be problematic for people not entirely comfortable with blues yet; doesn't matter for my immediate family but sometimes we bring relatives on our stays, so would love to know if we should plan our mountains around when certain relatives may travel with us if they're only comfortable on green, or if it won't matter.
This is true. You'll need to study the map to get back here and basically stay west wherever possible. It is possible to do blue-only, but it is confusing your first time doing it. The catwalk is somewhat steep and sharp. However, you are able to download from the top of Chair 20 straight back to the property.

• If you've been to both this prop and PH Beaver Creek, anything in particular you'd consider standouts when comparing / contrasting? Now that I've been to PHBC I am familiar with that property, but given it's 5k points/night more, if they're otherwise very similar, I'd lean towards the lower price as I usually try to do 15-20 points nights for skiing and if I could save 75k+ points in a season that would be awesome to use at other times of the year. I do love all the restaurants / bars I can walk to at PH; if it hadn't been covid times it would have been a blast, but otherwise just made for convenient takeout this past trip.
  • How do the rooms you'd get using a suite upgrade compare? At PH BC, no guarantee on having a balcony or a view with a suite upgrade, but you do get a larger room, a fireplace, pull out couch. Our room on points + suite upgrade didn't have a balcony, and the view was of the roof over the door to 8100 Bar because we were on the second floor. Unfortunately it also meant we couldn't have the window open at night because we learned the first night that BC runs the groomers over the lift and ski school area from about 2a to 5a every single day lol.
My only experience with PHBC is apres in the bar ~5 years ago, so I can't really speak to it. Reviews of that property don't give it high marks. Candidly I've thought GH Vail (from Talisa days onward) has had way better service hard product than anyone ought to expect given the nature of the property. You cannot place a lift any closer to a property if you tried, and at the end of the day that's what matters.

I think it's cat 6 though so only the big cat1-7 award cert can be used?
Yes, cat 6.

Stray thoughts: for apres, the beer and cocktail program is of high quality while the wine list is forgettable. The ski valet team in Venture Sports is really helpful, and there's nothing like warm boots waiting for you each morning. Ask for housekeeping to come in the morning, or you may run the risk of them still servicing your room when you get back from the slopes. The concierge team is solid and proactive once you've engaged them.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Awesome, I think I'll go ahead and try it for next season. You are correct on PH apres; between lobby bar and 8100 bar, even if it hadn't been covid, it wasn't particularly interesting and I didn't get the impression that stuffing the room with even more guests would have changed that. I found some really great drinks down the way at a restaurant called Hooked who had a walk up tiki bar, with lots of other options; I would love to do a pub crawl around Beaver Creek village when it would be possible to actually enjoy it. Ski valet sounds similar though; you could even call them in advance of leaving your room and they'd get your skis out into the snow-side racks, and boots ready to go inside in the valet room, so you aren't waiting around even that extra five minutes. They packed all my ski gear back up into my bags at checkout too; super nice people each day.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 5:41 pm

Yeah it was a bit rough. We were fortunate to have about 6" on the first ski day (last Monday) but didn't last; bone dry after that so by Thurs/Fri anything not groomed was ice everywhere. Redtail was really icy; people who I assume could normally ski blues were falling all over the place. I worked my way over to arrowhead once (via Larkspur) but every lift over that way was very backed up, so getting runs in was slow, and getting back was worse. I wanted to get a feel for the whole place though since it was my first trip to BC. I spent most of the week just cycling through Larkspur and Rose Bowl where the lines were much better due to the terrain they serve. Unfortunately nothing with trees was open yet.

I'm already booked for March; I booked both trips almost six months ago when both awards and points availability were still open. I'm hoping I can get up into Grouse for that trip and there will be a ton of snow. The value of PH is incredible if using points / awards / suite upgrades and you're globalist; no resort fee, no car park fee, no club so breakfast at the restaurant is free. I used a suite upgrade so the room had a fireplace, but didn't get a balcony; maybe next time I'll get lucky on that.

I'm thinking about booking GH Vail next season since I've never been to Vail, but I do like how at PH BC we can walk to all kinds of restaurants, and it's only 5k/ni points difference. My wife has a massive load of Marriott points, so perhaps there's a more ideal hotel in Vail we can use her points at to get into the main village.
I was there over Christmas week only a little over half of the mountain was open. I had fun but it wasn't nearly the experience I had during President's week earlier in the year. I would give it another shot later in a ski year when the mountain is fully open, the terrain at BC is fantastic. It's one of my favorite places to ski trees in all of CO.

Stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Vail over New Years. If you like the Park Hyatt BC you'll like the GH Vail. The location isn't as good relative to the PH BC but the hotel is newer. I had a great experience at both places you really can't go wrong with either hotel. I do happen to like the skiing better at BC though.
LovePrunes likes this.

Last edited by Tonyr4; Jan 25, 2021 at 5:58 pm
Old Jan 25, 2021, 5:49 pm

The shuttle into town is quite convenient and drops off at the Transportation Center. GH Vail does not have a lounge, but the restaurant breakfast is quite good. And during the current promo, resort fees and parking are both waived.

We just got back, and while they do need some snow, the skiing is quite good.
Yes the shuttle experience was much better than I expected. One came every 10 minutes or so, then we'd Uber home on the way back. Wasn't a big deal at all.
Old Jan 25, 2021, 6:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tonyr4
I was there over Christmas week only a little over half of the mountain was open. I had fun but it wasn't nearly the experience I had during President's week earlier in the year. I would give it another shot later in a ski year when the mountain is fully open, the terrain at BC is fantastic. It's one of my favorite places to ski trees in all of CO.

Stayed at the Grand Hyatt in Vail over New Years. If you like the Park Hyatt BC you'll like the GH Vail. The location isn't as good relative to the PH BC but the hotel is newer. I had a great experience at both places you really can't go wrong with either hotel. I do happen to like the skiing better at BC though.
I don't have high hopes for this disappointing snow season but I'll be at Keystone next month and back to PH BC in March, so hoping for the best. :-)
Old Jan 26, 2021, 5:06 am

I don't have high hopes for this disappointing snow season but I'll be at Keystone next month and back to PH BC in March, so hoping for the best. :-)
Love Keystone too!
Old Jan 26, 2021, 6:42 am
Original Poster

it's my favorite, such a wide variety of terrain that I like to ski. If they put a rope tow or small lift up to some of the bowls it would be perfect for me skiing-wise, but that hike to and from Hyatt Place isn't fun lol.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 7:27 am

it's my favorite, such a wide variety of terrain that I like to ski. If they put a rope tow or small lift up to some of the bowls it would be perfect for me skiing-wise, but that hike to and from Hyatt Place isn't fun lol.
Before Covid they had a lift planned for the bowls right off of North Peak i believe its the Bergman bowl. Anyway I think lifts are going up in the bowls eventually and that will be great. We will just have to be patient.....

I stayed at the Hyatt Place two Decembers ago, we didn't think the walk was too bad, it's definitely worse at the end of the ski day though! This year we tried a condo in River Run Village and I have to say that as much as I liked the Hyatt the convience of being right in the village and a few yards from the gondola was really nice.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 2:15 pm
Original Poster

Yup. That parking lot just down the little hill behind the Hyatt Place my wife fell and hit her head because it ices over if it's been a hot/cold cycle day or week. Fortunately she was already wearing her ski helmet or could have been worse. If someone would put in a ski valet at Mountain House lodge that could really be a big deal; I'd be happy to pay for that so I can change out of boots and I've got absolutely nothing to carry back and forth to the Hyatt other than first morning and last evening.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 8:25 am

Programs: United MileagePlus
Any recommendation for Destination resort at Aspen and Snowmass? There are tons of choices but I am afraid of those FAKE pics.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.