Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2023, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Dinner reservations and activities: email [email protected]

Big Sur Smokehouse is closed at least thru end of July 2023.

Your stay includes all meals, whether in-room 24 hours a day, lunch on the Sur House Terrace from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or dinner at The Sur House—our award-winning restaurant that is open for dinner from 5-9 p.m. Please see our dining menus here.

Signature experiences:
·
Morning Movement (Tai Chi, Yoga, Meditation, Big SurCus Poi Dance)
· Coast Ridge Hike
· Bees and Big Sur
Falconry

· Foragers Hike
· Redwood Hike
· Sur House Social
· S'mores
· Astronomy

July 2023 activity schedule:

https://www.ventanabigsur.com/pdf/JU..._AtAGlance.pdf

Print Wikipost

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2020, 12:39 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Matt4200
The only advantage I see to Globalist is the room upgrade which you may receive simply booking through Prive’ since this is one of their properties.
Not so big an advantage for Globalist when anyone can transfer Chase UR points to Hyatt for a standard suite or even a premium suite here.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 12:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by TSTraveler
Not so big an advantage for Globalist when anyone can transfer Chase UR points to Hyatt for a standard suite or even a premium suite here.
It’s an advantage when you’re not paying (I believe) 18k additional points per night.

But again my point was Globs shouldn’t be flocking here more than any other group overall.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 8:32 am

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
The standard suite here is the Big Sur suite. Somehow, this suite is available with cash and points over the next few months, but not with points.
Old Jun 13, 2020, 11:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt
Originally Posted by Matt4200
Ah, I was like I don’t think Globalists specifically are jumping on this more than any other group.

You could transfer UR from Chase as a Member or Discoverist too.

The only advantage I see to Globalist is the room upgrade which you may receive simply booking through Prive’ since this is one of their properties.
Certainly the globalist benefit was richer before the all inclusive change. But they already were cutting back. We had unlimited breakfast but a limited was instituted not much later. However, we did receive a very nice upgrade to a premium suite. Hopefully, globalist will still receive a good upgrade.

Will miss the nice happy hour.
Old Jun 18, 2020, 11:39 pm

Programs: AS 75K Gold, UA Silver, Marriott LT Platinum, Hyatt Explorist, National EE
Appears they've now instituted a 3 night minimum for award bookings.
nsx, beachmiles and cuthroat like this.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 11:19 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by VAFlyerSAN
Appears they've now instituted a 3 night minimum for award bookings.
Even with that, those of us "in the know" on FT realize we can talk to Concierge/Hyatt support to just trim the extra nights off the reservation, you just have to have the points available in your account to make the longer booking.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 12:52 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by jameswes
Even with that, those of us "in the know" on FT realize we can talk to Concierge/Hyatt support to just trim the extra nights off the reservation, you just have to have the points available in your account to make the longer booking.
If points redemption rooms are initially available for all 3 nights. That's the challenge.
Old Jun 19, 2020, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Anyone know of any other resorts like this that have glamping options where you can earn hotel points?
Old Jun 20, 2020, 8:56 am

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
I found 2 night availability with points in April 2021.
TSTraveler likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by wilma
Just curious - how long does it take to drive from Berkeley to Ventana? It's at least 6 hours from some part of the LA area.

David
Old Jun 20, 2020, 9:30 am

Programs: Hyatt globalist, Alaska mvp gold, Marriott platinum, ihg diamond
3-3.5 hours
Old Jun 20, 2020, 9:43 am

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
I'm now seeing lots of standard suite award availability (Big Sur suite, pricing at 48k/night). Much better availability compared to standard rooms (at 30k/night) - including spring/summer weekends in 2021. 3 night minimum still applies for initial booking.

-FlyerBeek
TSTraveler likes this.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 1:59 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
The three-night stay thing is true. I booked a standard room on a three-night stay from Monday to Wednesday on points, and after I went back, I looked to see if Monday-Thursday was available and it was. When I searched for just Wednesday to Thursday, that wasn't available.
Old Jun 20, 2020, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by wilma
Last night booked 2-nt weekend reservation for this Aug in a base room.
TSTraveler likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2020, 11:07 am

Just booked 3 nights in a Big Sur Suite for later this year for 48k/night. Interestingly; online wanted to charge a 1 night deposit, but when I booked over the phone they just used a CC to guarantee and made no mention of a deposit.

I see some other 3 day weekends thurs-sun or fri-mon in a Big Sur Suite in august/september/october for 48K/night, after taxes these room rates are at around $2400 night. 48k/night is a lot, but it's still a pretty great deal.

Last time we stayed here we did 30/k night and paid $200/night to upgrade into a Big Sur Suite. May as well splurge for the 48K/night straight into the suite for our anniversary later this year. Still debating if we will reduce it from 3 nights to 2 nights but we will decide as we get closer to the date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.