Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2023, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Dinner reservations and activities: email [email protected]

Big Sur Smokehouse is closed at least thru end of July 2023.

Your stay includes all meals, whether in-room 24 hours a day, lunch on the Sur House Terrace from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or dinner at The Sur House—our award-winning restaurant that is open for dinner from 5-9 p.m. Please see our dining menus here.

Signature experiences:
·
Morning Movement (Tai Chi, Yoga, Meditation, Big SurCus Poi Dance)
· Coast Ridge Hike
· Bees and Big Sur
Falconry

· Foragers Hike
· Redwood Hike
· Sur House Social
· S'mores
· Astronomy

July 2023 activity schedule:

https://www.ventanabigsur.com/pdf/JU..._AtAGlance.pdf

Print Wikipost

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jul 15, 2020, 8:39 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by madderlake
let me know if y'all have any other questions!
I'm glad your stay has started well. Thank you for the picnic information. Can you please find out:
  • They speak of the mini bar having personally curated beverages. Are the non alcoholic beverages complimentary?
  • There was a comment on their site about a 6 course dinner. What is the charge?
Old Jul 15, 2020, 10:01 pm

@SanDiego1K - I called about the mini bar and they said it's ALL complimentary - includes 2 bottles of water, one coke, one Diet Coke, and one bottle of decent Savignon Blanc wine! Plus a couple squares of chocolate and half and half for the Nespresso machine. We will definitely be availing ourselves of that wine! LOL...

I saw the 6 course tasting menu on the Sur House dinner menu as an option, so I'm assuming it's part of the all-inclusive package but I'll inquire about it tomorrow.

In room dining for dinner was great by the way and plentiful - ordered a starter (charcuterie plate), two burgers, and a dessert to share. Then walked up the 'hill' for s'mores for dessert. They have a lovely fire pit going with socially distanced tables/chairs and custom s'mores kits... we were the only ones out there and the guy working it gave us some good hiking tips and recommended trails for tomorrow so we'll give it a go. He said they also offer a complimentary 'discovery hike' here at the property and meet at the Social House at 10am for that but I think we'll pass.

Now to decide whether to go up to Sur House for breakfast outdoors or take the in-room dining option again and sit on our lovely deck.

Oh, might try out the picnic for lunch tomorrow so will let you know how that goes if you're curious...
nsx, SanDiego1K, beachfan and 5 others like this.
Old Jul 15, 2020, 11:10 pm

Thanks madderlake

Is the spa open? And the gym, specifically the Peloton bikes? What about the social hour? TIA.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 1:22 am

Gratuities

On an award stay, is gratuity for food and beverage included? If so, are guests still expected to add any additional tip when signing the bill? (Or perhaps no need to sign any bills at the restaurants or for room service?)
Old Jul 16, 2020, 8:49 am

@Troopers - spa is closed and gym is open by appointment from what I understand (I think these are subject to change so I would keep checking)
@sfvoyage - that's a good question and I plan to find that out today. I've been tipping on the bills that I sign and assume I pay those myself when checking out (which I'm fine with) but will report back.
beachmiles, cuthroat and Troopers like this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 9:44 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by madderlake
@Troopers - spa is closed and gym is open by appointment from what I understand (I think these are subject to change so I would keep checking)
Spa closed sucks but is not a dealbreaker for us. How is the pool?
Old Jul 16, 2020, 10:04 am

madderlake Does the hotel feel busy (dining / pool areas)? At 85% capacity and only Ventana guests allowed I would imagine the pools/hot tub are nearly empty. I'm living vicariously through you, thanks for all of the updates so far!
Old Jul 16, 2020, 10:29 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by CLEguy
Spa closed sucks
Spa closed is by virtue of the Governor's recent order shutting things back down.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 11:15 am

@mikewhyatt - they mentioned the hot tubs are currently closed. The pool is open and they are doing capacity controls...haven't been down there yet but plan to head down this afternoon for lunch so will report back.

Also EDIT on the mini-bar - there's also some dry goods that I confirmed are complimentary! package of cookies, coconut 'chips', trail mix, and beef jerky. Think I'll grab the beef jerky for the hike!

And the complimentary refillable water bottles are actually very nice and good quality.

For a data point, in room dining for breakfast was delicious and plentiful.

One more thing - I saw the gratuity charge on my credit card so I can confirm that yes you do pay for gratuity but nothing else so far.

Will check back in later with you all!
Old Jul 16, 2020, 11:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Explorist
Do you know if they are running the yoga and taichi classes? Are those being held indoor or outdoor? Any limits on class size?
Old Jul 16, 2020, 11:19 am

Thanks @madderlake for the live reporting. We were there in March right before they closed, and can't wait to return towards the end of this month.

Are the refillable water bottles black aluminum and non-insulated? Regarding the gratuity, you didn't charge to the room and settle at check-out?
Old Jul 16, 2020, 11:21 am

duplicate.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 11:31 am

@shindou2006 - I don't think those classes are happening right now but will confirm later
@Troopers - yes, those are the bottles! And re: gratuity, it was charged to the card I have authorized with them at check in but under 'pending' so it probably won't settle till I check out.
Troopers likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 11:32 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by Kacee
Spa closed is by virtue of the Governor's recent order shutting things back down.
Still sucks!
Old Jul 16, 2020, 11:59 am

Wow truly disappointing regarding the hot tubs! I was really looking forward to both the Japanese hot baths and infinity hot tub...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.