Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2023, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Dinner reservations and activities: email [email protected]

Big Sur Smokehouse is closed at least thru end of July 2023.

Your stay includes all meals, whether in-room 24 hours a day, lunch on the Sur House Terrace from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or dinner at The Sur House—our award-winning restaurant that is open for dinner from 5-9 p.m. Please see our dining menus here.

Signature experiences:
·
Morning Movement (Tai Chi, Yoga, Meditation, Big SurCus Poi Dance)
· Coast Ridge Hike
· Bees and Big Sur
Falconry

· Foragers Hike
· Redwood Hike
· Sur House Social
· S'mores
· Astronomy

July 2023 activity schedule:

https://www.ventanabigsur.com/pdf/JU..._AtAGlance.pdf

Print Wikipost

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2020, 11:19 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Originally Posted by beastieb
Just booked 3 nights in a Big Sur Suite for later this year for 48k/night. Interestingly; online wanted to charge a 1 night deposit, but when I booked over the phone they just used a CC to guarantee and made no mention of a deposit.

I see some other 3 day weekends thurs-sun or fri-mon in a Big Sur Suite in august/september/october for 48K/night, after taxes these room rates are at around $2400 night. 48k/night is a lot, but it's still a pretty great deal.

Last time we stayed here we did 30/k night and paid $200/night to upgrade into a Big Sur Suite. May as well splurge for the 48K/night straight into the suite for our anniversary later this year. Still debating if we will reduce it from 3 nights to 2 nights but we will decide as we get closer to the date.
Any comments on views from suites vs. rooms? I sucessfully applied a TSU for three nights in October, but was wondering about whether my view might be worse than in a well placed regular room.
Old Jun 28, 2020, 8:46 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond
Yes it is. I booked for 3 nights in late July for 48,000/night. Confirmed all-inclusive. Can't f'in wait.
invalyd likes this.
Old Jul 1, 2020, 10:38 am

Also looking to make an award booking here -- looks like a 1-night cash deposit is required even though it's paid with points. Is that normal?
Old Jul 1, 2020, 11:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jbeans
Also looking to make an award booking here -- looks like a 1-night cash deposit is required even though it's paid with points. Is that normal?
Typically when I see that at other Hyatts, they never actually charge me.
beachmiles, cuthroat and jbeans like this.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 4:33 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Colin
an early morning into SLO is ideal to hit Cayucos for sea salt cookies
Is the bakery in San Luis Obispo or in the town of Cayucos? What is the name of the bakery?
Old Jul 6, 2020, 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Is the bakery in San Luis Obispo or in the town of Cayucos? What is the name of the bakery?
https://www.google.com/search?q=sea+...&client=safari
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 4:46 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by josephstern
Typically when I see that at other Hyatts, they never actually charge me.
I was charged a 1-night deposit despite the reservation not requiring one. A call to Ventana routed to Carmel Valley Ranch, and the accounting department there is working to refund it in advance of the stay.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by beachfan
I sucessfully applied a TSU for three nights in October
Can i ask how you did this? i have tried a couple times and after several minutes on hold the reply from the hyatt rep has been "the hotel is closed so i can't get in touch with anyone to confirm your upgrade. You might have to wait until the hotel reopens july 15."

Also, anyone manage written confirmation that points rooms booked pre-all-inclusive announcement will receive all inclusive meals?
beachmiles likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2020, 8:54 pm

I have a reservation on points first two nights of reopening and received a confirmation email saying it's 'all inclusive' but I think it was an automated email. I replied and will confirm if they write back and of course report back with findings once I stay. My biggest concern right now is Monterrey county has decided to close all indoor restaurants, so I'm not sure what that means for the restaurants on property? I hope not to be confined to our room and room service for every meal!
Old Jul 6, 2020, 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by madderlake
I have a reservation on points first two nights of reopening and received a confirmation email saying it's 'all inclusive' but I think it was an automated email. I replied and will confirm if they write back and of course report back with findings once I stay. My biggest concern right now is Monterrey county has decided to close all indoor restaurants, so I'm not sure what that means for the restaurants on property? I hope not to be confined to our room and room service for every meal!
Seems like a property in the middle of a gigantic forrest should be able to come up with ample outdoor and socially distanced dining options!

Looking forward to hearing how your trip goes.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 9:28 am

Let's hope! LOL... waiting for their response and will report back.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 11:56 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by boolean64
Can i ask how you did this? i have tried a couple times and after several minutes on hold the reply from the hyatt rep has been "the hotel is closed so i can't get in touch with anyone to confirm your upgrade. You might have to wait until the hotel reopens july 15."

Also, anyone manage written confirmation that points rooms booked pre-all-inclusive announcement will receive all inclusive meals?
My concierge was able to apply a TSU without any issues.
Just because hotels are closed doesn't mean staff aren't there working to prepare to welcome guests.
Old Jul 7, 2020, 11:59 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by madderlake
I have a reservation on points first two nights of reopening...I hope not to be confined to our room and room service for every meal!
and what exactly did you expect?

at this point you should be happy if they even let you check in for your stay.
computerguy likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2020, 12:32 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, JetBlue Mosaic, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska MVP Gold.
If the county closes indoor restaurants, you won't be dining indoors. It's that simple. There's indeed a lot of space outside of the main restaurant, so they can probably make something work.

Second what invaly said. The state is dealing with soaring cases so I'd be surprised if they even stay open.
beachmiles likes this.
Old Jul 9, 2020, 4:29 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond, Hhonors Diamond
I'm not able to find any award availability for September. What dates are people booking award rooms?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.