Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2023, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Dinner reservations and activities: email [email protected]

Big Sur Smokehouse is closed at least thru end of July 2023.

Your stay includes all meals, whether in-room 24 hours a day, lunch on the Sur House Terrace from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or dinner at The Sur House—our award-winning restaurant that is open for dinner from 5-9 p.m. Please see our dining menus here.

Signature experiences:
·
Morning Movement (Tai Chi, Yoga, Meditation, Big SurCus Poi Dance)
· Coast Ridge Hike
· Bees and Big Sur
Falconry

· Foragers Hike
· Redwood Hike
· Sur House Social
· S'mores
· Astronomy

July 2023 activity schedule:

https://www.ventanabigsur.com/pdf/JU..._AtAGlance.pdf

Print Wikipost

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2020, 6:24 pm

I recieved just generic cancelation messages for my July 4th stay as well. No concierge emails.
Old May 21, 2020, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I didn't even get the generic one. I certainly would have checked before arriving, but still . . .
Old May 21, 2020, 7:22 pm
Suspended

I mean, we are in a pandemic. Most staff have been furloughed. I think I might have given them a pass for just sending an email to cancel under the circumstances.
arjaok likes this.
Old May 21, 2020, 10:21 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Diamond/ Hyatt top tier(lifetime)
Hearing July 15th opening date.
TSTraveler likes this.
Old May 22, 2020, 7:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
I’ve rebooked for 3 nights starting July 17th - hoping it doesn’t get pushed back again but am expecting the worst.
Old May 22, 2020, 8:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I finally just rebooked for next year.

I figure going right when they reopen might not be the best experience.
TSTraveler likes this.
Old May 22, 2020, 9:28 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by footastic
Hearing July 15th opening date.
I called and was told July 14 so virtually the same. Hope it sticks as we come in late July. I expect there's good business to be done as we all accept the reality that we'll be unable to leave the USA this summer and start looking for road trips.
platbrownguy and TSTraveler like this.
Old May 22, 2020, 6:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
My wife and I have a milestone anniversary stay here in August booked via Prive. Hoping travel is feasible and that the property is back in gear.
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 3:18 pm

The hotel has moved to a fully all-inclusive model and all points booking options have been pulled from the website. I have a 3-night stay in July - have not heard anything yet in terms of what they plan on doing with previously-booked award stays.
computerguy likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 3:19 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
FWIW, Lucky/OMAAT is reporting that the hotel might be shifting to an all-inclusive model. Jury's out on the potential impact to current bookings and future points bookings.

Source: https://onemileatatime.com/alila-ven...all-inclusive/
Old Jun 8, 2020, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by callmedtop
The hotel has moved to a fully all-inclusive model and all points booking options have been pulled from the website. I have a 3-night stay in July - have not heard anything yet in terms of what they plan on doing with previously-booked award stays.
I have a two night stay, also in late July. I'm glad I already booked and was able to do so with points.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 3:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I feel bad for the other restaurants in the area. These guests must have been a decent part of their business.
Old Jun 8, 2020, 3:36 pm

Originally Posted by josephstern
I feel bad for the other restaurants in the area. These guests must have been a decent part of their business.
It's very isolated. I had already contacted Post Ranch Inn and learned that it has closed its dining to in house guests at least for awhile. Nepenthe has adequate, not great food, but stunning views. It had only been allowing takeout but reopened to dining in house this past weekend.
Old Jun 9, 2020, 2:16 pm

I called their reservations department and was told that people who booked cash rates prior to the all-inclusive switch will have the option to stay a la carte as planned, or pay ~$500 per night (dual occupancy) to join the all-inclusive plan. She said she doesn't know about award bookings, but its likely the same.
Didn't have much other details, but she agreed with me that if I am Globalist with breakfast included and not much of a lunch-eater, this likely doesn't make sense.
TSTraveler likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2020, 12:06 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Today I see availability of suites for 60k points but no availability of standard rooms at 30k points. There is no mention of all-inclusive on the description of rooms for points.

If you wanted a suite, I would book it right now.

Edited to add: I must have been checking bad dates. There are now 30k rooms on some dates.
SanDiego1K likes this.

Last edited by nsx; Jun 10, 2020 at 3:45 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.