Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2023, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Dinner reservations and activities: email [email protected]

Big Sur Smokehouse is closed at least thru end of July 2023.

Your stay includes all meals, whether in-room 24 hours a day, lunch on the Sur House Terrace from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or dinner at The Sur House—our award-winning restaurant that is open for dinner from 5-9 p.m. Please see our dining menus here.

Signature experiences:
·
Morning Movement (Tai Chi, Yoga, Meditation, Big SurCus Poi Dance)
· Coast Ridge Hike
· Bees and Big Sur
Falconry

· Foragers Hike
· Redwood Hike
· Sur House Social
· S'mores
· Astronomy

July 2023 activity schedule:

https://www.ventanabigsur.com/pdf/JU..._AtAGlance.pdf

Print Wikipost

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Aug 1, 2020, 9:03 pm

Cottage House Suite

2-nt reservation at the base award rate and got upgraded as an Explorist. The room is a bit dated but it’s a stand-alone unit and the deck is awesome. Jacuzzi and a hammock!
Colin, SanDiego1K and Gberg like this.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 12:10 am

Originally Posted by antonius66
Frankly, $1700 a night is beyond absurd and is almost impossible to justify for any hotel anywhere. A symptom of more money than sense. For crying out loud, its more than an average mortgage for 90% of people for 1 night in a hotel.
If only it were that cheap. Looks like sometime over the past few days this hotel has raised their rates by ~$800 per night for the next month or so. The cheapest base room (1 King Bed with Fireplace) now runs $2575 per night (~$2950 after tax/fees) for most of August. Crazy how much those Silicon Valley folks are willing to pay for a nearby vacation, they certainly don't lack for money, nor do they mind paying top dollar it seems. I'm quite surprised though that the hotel doesn't boot out the employees from the 15% of rooms they are currently housing them in...............and send them off to the glamping site or have them live in their cars.............especially if the hotel can otherwise get $2575 out of other ppl for those rooms (or even the "paltry" $928 they can squeeze out of WOH for the award rooms).
Old Aug 2, 2020, 11:54 am

Programs: UA GS, AS 75K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by 22calbr
2-nt reservation at the base award rate and got upgraded as an Explorist. The room is a bit dated but it’s a stand-alone unit and the deck is awesome. Jacuzzi and a hammock!
Hah! We were back this weekend and checked out of that room yesterday morning (53). Guess you were the one’s checking in. Really enjoyed the stand alone structure. Highest point on the property and amazing balcony compared to Big Sur Suite.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 3:22 pm

Has anyone been able to book 2 rooms for the same nights? We are party of 4. I see some posts upthread speculating there is only one award room per night available. If so, that would rule out this property for us...

Also, weekend availability in Sep is essentially non-existent. Tried 2-3 nights and also night by night.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 3:44 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by abcx
Has anyone been able to book 2 rooms for the same nights?
You can do that for 2021, but I doubt you will find more than one room for any date in 2020.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by Gberg
Hah! We were back this weekend and checked out of that room yesterday morning (53). Guess you were the one’s checking in. Really enjoyed the stand alone structure. Highest point on the property and amazing balcony compared to Big Sur Suite.
Hey fellow 53er. Other than the great meals at Sur House, having breakfast on the deck was the highlight of the trip for me.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by nsx
You can do that for 2021, but I doubt you will find more than one room for any date in 2020.
If you’re flexible, try looking at award availability a few days out. I saw multiple rooms available for this past weekend at the start of the week. I suspect people that made reservations but have to fly in are cancelling the week of.
nsx likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 6:38 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Has anyone been able to book 2 rooms for the same nights? We are party of 4. I see some posts upthread speculating there is only one award room per night available. If so, that would rule out this property for us...

Also, weekend availability in Sep is essentially non-existent. Tried 2-3 nights and also night by night.

I have an upcoming reservation for 30k per night for two nights. Just a few days someone on this thread mentioned those same two nights were available on points. So, I think it’s possible that there is at least two base level rooms on points.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 6:40 pm

Originally Posted by ashley1245
I have an upcoming reservation for 30k per night for two nights. Just a few days someone on this thread mentioned those same two nights were available on points. So, I think it’s possible that there is at least two base level rooms on points.
Thanks, that's helpful! Unfortunately availability seems non-existent for Sept and Oct weekend dates right now... will keep checking I guess.
ashley1245 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2020, 7:46 pm

There are definitely two base level rooms available on points. Further up this thread another user and I both have reservations for the same exact dates booked for the base room.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Thanks, that's helpful! Unfortunately availability seems non-existent for Sept and Oct weekend dates right now... will keep checking I guess.
Probably because that's their high season?
Old Aug 3, 2020, 8:03 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Aventine
Probably because that's their high season?
Yeah, I'm seeing weekends they are completely sold out during that period.

Not entirely surprising that what is currently probably the most desirable points redemption in any program (Ventana weekend) is unavailable within the next ninety days.
Old Aug 3, 2020, 10:07 am

If somebody here is canceling August or Sept dates, can you please PM? I was just looking at some dates and looks like they just got snapped up.

Thanks
Old Aug 3, 2020, 2:34 pm

If somebody here is canceling August or Sept dates, can you please PM? I was just looking at some dates and looks like they just got snapped up.

Thanks
last min Aug 5-7 is available at 30k/night as of 13:33PST

there seems to have a separate inventory for just standard award rooms since the standard room is available for redemption but none is available for revenue stays.

edit: surprisingly still available at 15:22PST

edit2: people are definitely cancelling because the standard suite at 48k is now available IN ADDITION to the standard at 30k as of 16:03PST.

Last edited by myperks; Aug 3, 2020 at 5:06 pm
Old Aug 3, 2020, 8:06 pm

Weird. Aug 5-7 is available but neither days are available for single night stays. 2 night minimum now?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.