Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jun 30, 2023, 9:42 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Dinner reservations and activities: email [email protected]

Big Sur Smokehouse is closed at least thru end of July 2023.

Your stay includes all meals, whether in-room 24 hours a day, lunch on the Sur House Terrace from 11:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., or dinner at The Sur House—our award-winning restaurant that is open for dinner from 5-9 p.m. Please see our dining menus here.

Signature experiences:
·
Morning Movement (Tai Chi, Yoga, Meditation, Big SurCus Poi Dance)
· Coast Ridge Hike
· Bees and Big Sur
Falconry

· Foragers Hike
· Redwood Hike
· Sur House Social
· S'mores
· Astronomy

July 2023 activity schedule:

https://www.ventanabigsur.com/pdf/JU..._AtAGlance.pdf

Print Wikipost

Ventana Big Sur- Alila - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 27, 2021, 10:10 am
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by kmandrew
Any Hwy 1 issues from the storm?
Based on this

Road Conditions (ca.gov)

It looks like Hwy 1 is closed 2.5 miles south of VBS for about 45 miles. Getting to VBS from the north should be fine.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 12:52 pm

If you have to leave early in the morning, are they able to prepare you breakfast / breakfast to go?
Old Oct 28, 2021, 1:02 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Soccerjoshj07
If you have to leave early in the morning, are they able to prepare you breakfast / breakfast to go?
You can get room service breakfast in disposable boxes. So it just depends how early “early in the morning” is.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 1:05 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
You can get room service breakfast in disposable boxes. So it just depends how early “early in the morning” is.
very early like flight at 7am early. It seems like you can do the "late night" dining with sort of the pre-packaged items would be the option here.

or maybe just get something extra the day before at breakfast that might not go too bad and have them box it for you and take it to your room to eat the next day?
Old Oct 28, 2021, 1:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
very early like flight at 7am early. It seems like you can do the "late night" dining with sort of the pre-packaged items would be the option here.

or maybe just get something extra the day before at breakfast that might not go too bad and have them box it for you and take it to your room to eat the next day?
Then the late night in room dining menu is probably your best bet. They have two sandwiches on the menu and charcuterie. That’s probably the only stuff that would keep / travel well. There’s also a deli a few minutes north that you could pick up sandwiches at the evening before.

personally I would just skip breakfast and get a little more sleep if I was getting up at ~4am
Old Oct 28, 2021, 2:40 pm

the late night stuff is not exactly gourmet. I think the best selection there is the cheese plate and the cookies… (all late night items are premade anyways). You can always order the poolside stuff and keep it in the fridge for the following day and those are all packaged in togo containers anyways.

I would just checkout the night before and go stay closer to the airport.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 3:24 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
Originally Posted by myperks
the late night stuff is not exactly gourmet.
Ask for a box of something to take out at dinner. Or get a box at breakfast the day before and refrigerate it. My favorite: Get a box from the Big Sur Smokehouse the day before. Meat: Breakfast of champions.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 8:44 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Recently booked 3 award nights for late-Oct 2022. Curious how the weather has been here lately? Is outdoor dining and the pool still comfortable in late-Oct? Thanks.

-FlyerBeek
Old Oct 29, 2021, 9:02 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, IHG Diamond, Omni Platinum
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Recently booked 3 award nights for late-Oct 2022. Curious how the weather has been here lately? Is outdoor dining and the pool still comfortable in late-Oct? Thanks.

-FlyerBeek
I was there mid-Sept 2021. It was too cold for swimming and it was foggy both days.
FlyerBeek likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by drod
I was there mid-Sept 2021. It was too cold for swimming and it was foggy both days.
the main swimming pool is heated and was definitely warm enough to swim in the morning (and at night).
FlyerBeek likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 10:15 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Here now and the weather has been perfect. Hot enough to lay out and swim during the day, cool enough for the hot tub and s’mores at night.
FlyerBeek and AWood like this.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 10:32 pm

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP (3MM), DL PM, BONVOY TITANIUM, HYATT GLOBALIST, HILTON DIAMOND, IHG DIAMOND AMB, et al
Perfect. Thanks for the replies! I assume al fresco dining at The Sur House is still no issue?

-FlyerBeek
Old Oct 29, 2021, 10:48 pm

Programs: WOOD PLAT, HYATT GLOB, SOUTH A-LIST+, UNITED SILVER
Originally Posted by FlyerBeek
Perfect. Thanks for the replies! I assume al fresco dining at The Sur House is still no issue?

-FlyerBeek
We are here right now too. We dined outside the past couple of nights, including tonight, and they had the heaters on and the gas “fireplaces” on. We were both comfortable and are Californians (so get chilly easier than most folks). The outside dining was packed tonight, as it seems a fair amount of people just arrived today.
FlyerBeek likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 10:59 pm

Programs: WOOD PLAT, HYATT GLOB, SOUTH A-LIST+, UNITED SILVER
Originally Posted by bunny425
Hi

I wanted to book the 30K points room in 2022, but unable to find any 2 consecutive days. Has anything seen any 30K points standard room availability in 2022 at all? I searched day by day from Jan-Nov and only saw 2 or 3 30K points standard room on non consecutive days. Did the hotel lock all 30K points standard room? or are all the 30K points room all booked for the entire year in 2022 (is that possible)?

If I wanted to use suite upgrade certificate and 48K points room is available, can I ask my concierge or the hotel to book the 48K points room and pay only 30K points? Or does the 30K points standard room need to be available to book first then apply the suite upgrade certificate?

Thanks!
I found availability for 3 nights (including the weekend) in July of 2022 at 30k per night. I booked this two weeks ago and this is prior to the effective date of Hyatt’s peak and non-peak pricing (effective this week). Btw - It will now cost 35k for standard room, 53k for a standard suite, and 70k for a premium suite.

I am staying here right now for 3 nights on a prior 30k in points reservation for the weekend and got upgraded to the Pacific House Suite with no suite upgrade request. It is packed this weekend. I have stayed here previously and been upgraded to the Spa Suite and others, but your experience may vary.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 11:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by drod
That's unusual. September is normally the warmest and clearest month of the year. October would normally not be far behind.
FlyerBeek likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.