Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Alila Jabal Akhdar, Oman REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Alila Jabal Akhdar, Oman REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Mar 14, 2024, 6:41 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by dkc192
Does the property actually have a policy, either in writing or spoken by a staff member, to not upgrade Globalists to a standard suite (the Jabal Terrace IIRC) on a space-available basis at check-in? If so, those who have been victimized by this bogus policy should file a complaint to Hyatt corporate. Whether they do anything is another story, but we customers should do our part in holding rogue properties accountable.

They don't have suites per se', just different room types (non of which are suites). As always, book upfront the bare minimum room type you could be happy with and then be thrilled if an upgrade materializes. My suggestion is go for the gusto and book one of the two standalone villas, satisfaction is guaranteed.

After 4 stays, each 1.5-2 weeks in duration, in 4 years, this remains one of our absolute favorite properties in the worldwide Hyatt portfolio.
EuropeanPete likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 3:55 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Accor Platinum, Radisson Rewards Gold, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
We are just wrapping up another stay here at Alila Jabal Akhdar, 13 days in a Villa no less. Utterly awesome, could not be more happy with the experience. Hitting Lifetime Globalist with this stay, sweeeeet! A true jewel in the Hyatt chain.
What did you do there for 13 days? I mean is there enough activities for 2 weeks or is it just lounging on villa terrace and enjoying the view and quiet?
Old Mar 15, 2024, 12:15 am

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by Richey66
What did you do there for 13 days? I mean is there enough activities for 2 weeks or is it just lounging on villa terrace and enjoying the view and quiet?

Chill out and relax. Lounge by the pool, use the steam sauna, the hot tub. Wife likes Via Ferrata, did the rappelling, had massage, walk/hike, In previous visits we took various excursions, so been there done that.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 8:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
I checked out yesterday after an only too-short 1-night stay. The property honored suite upgrade, and early and late checkout. The property is mindblowing and all staff members were extremely nice (as everywhere in Oman). The food is pricey but totally understandable regarding how secluded the property is. The Iftar in Amouage Caf by the cliff was about 50 OMR after the 15% discount and taxes. I can't recommend this property enough!

I rented a car from Muscat airport from a local company, with no card guarantee or pre-authorization needed. The drive to the hotel was not particularly challenging, just had to be careful when going downhill. Overall an amazing experience.
Smiley90 likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 6:37 am

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Diamond, Accor Gold, Hyatt Explorist,, Delta Plat,
Before I reach out to the hotel, anyone here know if the outdoor infinity pool is heated? Looking at travelling here next February or March. TIA.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by dcstudent
Before I reach out to the hotel, anyone here know if the outdoor infinity pool is heated? Looking at travelling here next February or March. TIA.
Yes! I was there last March and the pool was warm.
dcstudent likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 2:50 pm
iwc

Plenty of outdoor heaters at both the restaurant and bar

Blankets too.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 3:13 pm

Has anyone driven from the resort to the Alila Hinu Bay? Doing a trip to Aman in October and wanted to hit up all 3 hyatts with this one being in the middle of the trip. I see lots of information about drive to the resort, but not going south more. I assume its fairly easy but long drive. Maybe it makes more sense to just fly from MCT to SLL?
Old Apr 30, 2024, 3:17 pm
iwc

Originally Posted by olouie
Has anyone driven from the resort to the Alila Hinu Bay? Doing a trip to Aman in October and wanted to hit up all 3 hyatts with this one being in the middle of the trip. I see lots of information about drive to the resort, but not going south more. I assume it's hvfairly easy but long drive. Maybe it makes more sense to just fly from MCT to SLL?
I have never tried it (I flew) but told it is long, boring and mostly desert till you reach the green of Salalah.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 6:27 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
I'm planning a similar trip, and my plan is to fly between MCT and SLL.
Old May 5, 2024, 8:48 am

Programs: BA Gold
My wife & I are staying at the Alila Jabal Akhdar soon, thanks all for the information in the thread. Went for a straight points redemption, booked at 25k before the rates changed relatively recently, and as a WOH nobody have contacted the hotel about upgrading to a Ridge View to ensure we get the benefit of being up there.

We're thinking of driving over to the Anantara one evening for dinner there for some variety, anyone done that? Looks to be about half an hour's drive back toward the checkpoint.
Old May 5, 2024, 12:38 pm

Programs: Star Gold, Hyatt Globalist, HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, EY Silver
Originally Posted by BA97
My wife & I are staying at the Alila Jabal Akhdar soon, thanks all for the information in the thread. Went for a straight points redemption, booked at 25k before the rates changed relatively recently, and as a WOH nobody have contacted the hotel about upgrading to a Ridge View to ensure we get the benefit of being up there.

We're thinking of driving over to the Anantara one evening for dinner there for some variety, anyone done that? Looks to be about half an hour's drive back toward the checkpoint.
I suggest arriving at the Anantara in time to see the sunset. Food was good while service was friendly (if not very polished). Do not attempt to drive back up if you have been drinking as the road is dark and winding.
Old Jun 6, 2024, 3:42 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Anybody know how the weather would be in September beginning?
Old Jun 7, 2024, 3:10 am

Originally Posted by kumarshah
Anybody know how the weather would be in September beginning?
Expect about 18C in the evening and at night, and up to 28-30C during the day. Perfect weather in my opinion.
Old Jun 7, 2024, 5:55 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by llb09
Expect about 18C in the evening and at night, and up to 28-30C during the day. Perfect weather in my opinion.
Thanks, that's pretty good weather.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.