Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Award night @ Hyatt Place Austin Airport --> parking fees?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2019, 1:42 am
Original Poster

Dear all,

Does anyone know if parking at the Hyatt Place at Austin airport is complimentary for award stays (= parking lot owned by hotel)? Unfortunately on the website there is no email of the so hotel i'm not able to contact them directly...

Email of the hotel will help as well.

THX
Old Oct 17, 2019, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/te...transportation

Your Google skills need some work. $14/day unless you are a Globalist.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 2:52 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
if you are a Globalist:

WOH Globalist - Complimentary Parking on Award Stays (List)
Old Oct 17, 2019, 3:31 am
Original Poster

Sorry forget to mention that i'm Globalist - was obvious from my point of view but looking from third point of view it isn't...

I have seen that there are parking fees in general but the waving is only in case parking "belongs" to Hyatt:

Complimentary parking on free night awards at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts with parking that can be charged to a guest’s room

Easiest is to contact hotel via email - but i haven't found there email on the website so asked for first hand review of this specific property.

To be honest i expect that the parking at Hyatt Places is owned by property but it's better to check before
Old Oct 17, 2019, 5:25 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
Originally Posted by .Skydiver.
Sorry forget to mention that i'm Globalist - was obvious from my point of view but looking from third point of view it isn't...

I have seen that there are parking fees in general but the waving is only in case parking "belongs" to Hyatt:

Complimentary parking on free night awards at participating Hyatt hotels and resorts with parking that can be charged to a guest’s room

Easiest is to contact hotel via email - but i haven't found there email on the website so asked for first hand review of this specific property.

To be honest i expect that the parking at Hyatt Places is owned by property but it's better to check before

Your Hyatt Concierge should be able to help you.
and the link I shared is a wiki, where we can share our experiences.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 10:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
The photos on the hotel website suggest the standard parking lot surrounding the hotel. The charge would be due to the proximity to the airport rather than it being a third party situation.

But fair enough to call or go via your Concierge if it's a make or break situation.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 12:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Hyatt Globalist UA 1K MM, Delta Diamond
Ive got free parking on Glob award stay
Old Oct 17, 2019, 1:13 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Yes the lot is attached to and managed by the hotel. Heck sometimes they even leave the gate open for some reason, but they do require a hang tag for parking. Ask for room 301 or 401 to get a slightly larger room with great view of the airport.

Be careful when pulling in to the hotel because the road from Presidential Blvd to the hotel is not designed for anything but the smallest of cars. Instead take the Spirit of Texas Drive exit from Hwy 71 and turn left just before the newish cell phone lot gas station thing on Spirit of Austin Ln.
Old Oct 17, 2019, 2:07 pm

They'll comp it for the night. They've even let me leave it there for free for 4-5 days when flying out (though that's not their stated policy, but they will let you leave it there longer for a nominal expense).
Old Oct 18, 2019, 12:34 pm
cmx

Programs: DL Diamond 1MM, AS MVP, SW ALP and CP, b6 Mosaic, UA Silver, Hyatt Glob, Marriott LT Gold
They are very cool at this hotel in general and I stay there a lot. I have never been charged for parking on any type of stay. I don't know if they charge non globs, but the enforcement (with open gates frequently) is spotty in any event. I've pressed the button forgetting my room key to exit and they just buzz me through.
Old Feb 26, 2022, 12:13 pm

Any recent stays at this property with data points on parking policy for globalists staying here on points and what the fee is for an extended (10-14 day) amount of parking?
Old Feb 26, 2022, 1:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by redbirdsj
Any recent stays at this property with data points on parking policy for globalists staying here on points and what the fee is for an extended (10-14 day) amount of parking?
Might want to call to ask.

David
Old Mar 6, 2022, 7:02 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by redbirdsj
I remember over a year ago I stayed one night, and when I asked what parking was for a few nights, they said "don't worry, we'll cover it for you." Of course, the parking lot was pretty empty back then. I stayed one night maybe a week and a half ago and there were very few open parking spots. I ended up parking on the far side of the lot, as the close side and front were completely full due to the crazy super narrow space width. I don't even both asking anymore - instead I prefer Park and Zoom just down the street. I'll stay overnight here, then jump to P&Z in the morning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.