Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Any Globalist or Explorist stayed at Studios at Alila Seminyak?

Old Oct 13, 19, 10:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, DL Platinum, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum

Has any Globalist or Explorist stayed at Studios at Alila Seminyak? Looks like Studios at Alila Seminyak and Alila Seminyak are part of the same complex but you can get the Studios for 5,000 points vs 20,000 for Alila.

I am wondering if you were upgraded and/or what other benefits you get at the Studios?

Thanks!
Old Oct 14, 19, 1:50 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, HH Silver
Just looked up descriptions of the 2 properties. It appears rooms at Studios at Alila are just 1 or 2 bed studios at 495 sf, whereas Alila Seminyak are all suites starting at 775 sf for Deluxe Suite. Based on the descriptions, That's why the difference is 12K vs 5K points. I don't expect there's potential for upgrade at Studios to suite or larger rooms.
Old Oct 14, 19, 2:04 pm

yeah iirc I read from one of the blog sites that these are treated as separate properties.
Old Oct 14, 19, 4:11 pm

There is no upgraded from one to the other. If you ask for a cash upgrade they will say sure and then give you the regular rate for the base room at the Alila Seminyak.

If you don't plan to stay in the room very much you could consider the Studios. They are decent rooms, but the overall experience won't be as great as the Alila Seminyak as there is significant noise from the bars up until 11pm. You'll have to walk 5-7 minutes or take a buggy to get to the pool or use the main property's facilities. Otherwise, you get access to all the amenities of the Alila Seminyak when staying at the Alila Studios.

Is the Alila Seminyak four times better than the studios? Probably not. Unless you are upgraded to a main building room/suite with a high level floor overlooking the pool into the ocean. If you choose the Alila Seminyak and aren't upgraded you might be put in a base room in the "deluxe" studio building which is attached to the main building with a bridge. I've read that the Deluxe studios are nicer (and larger) than the Alila Studio rooms, but I was fairly happy with the Alila Studio rooms. The Alila has some great pools but almost no one uses the beach. I made a map below. Though the deluxe studio arrow should be a bit more too the right.

Old Oct 15, 19, 7:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, DL Platinum, AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Awesome, thanks everyone!!

Search this Thread
Search Engine: