Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Will buying a $300 GC at Hyatt Place Trigger Credit for Promo?

Old Oct 2, 19, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Hyatt is currently running a promotion where you can earn a $50 credit for Hyatt Place or Hyatt House Stays. They mention that "Cardmembers who spend $300+ directly with Hyatt Place or Hyatt House properties in the US and Canada on their Hyatt Card can earn a $50 statement credit on their Chase account."

So I'm wondering if I was to go to a Hyatt Place or Hyatt House and purchase a $300 gift card if that would trigger the credit? Thanks so much in advance for your help everyone!

https://onemileatatime.com/hyatt-vis...ace-promotion/
Old Oct 2, 19, 8:51 am

This was in the T&C in the email I received:

Offer not valid for gift card purchases or purchases made online or through third-parties.
Old Oct 2, 19, 8:55 am

Programs: Bonvoy Gold, IHG Platinum, WoH Explorist
From the email, T&C

*This offer is only valid for Hyatt Credit Cardmembers and World of Hyatt Credit Cardmembers in good standing who receive this offer. This offer only applies to Qualifying Transactions made directly at Hyatt Place or Hyatt House hotels in the U.S. or Canada with your Hyatt Credit Card or your World of Hyatt Credit Card during the promotional period (10/01/2019 – 01/05/2020) totaling $300 or more. Cardmembers must register for this promotion from October 1, 2019 to November 30, 2019. To qualify, transactions must be identified as qualifying transactions on Visa’s proprietary network (VisaNet). The merchants must submit the transactions under the appropriate merchant code for the transactions to be identified as a qualifying transaction. “Qualifying Transactions” are purchases of goods and services made by you or any authorized user on your account, and do not include balance transfers, cash advances, cash-like charges such as travelers checks, foreign currency, and money orders, and checks that access your account, overdraft advances, interest, unauthorized or fraudulent charges, or fees of any kind, including an annual fee, if applicable.

Offer not valid for gift card purchases or purchases made online or through third-parties.
Sometimes it would still work anyways for these type of promos, but there's nothing you can stand for if it doesn't work. The T&C says it shouldn't work for GCs.
Old Oct 2, 19, 9:04 am
Original Poster

Ahh disappointing! Thank you for the information!
Old Oct 2, 19, 10:48 am

Originally Posted by cvseuy View Post
From the email, T&C

Sometimes it would still work anyways for these type of promos, but there's nothing you can stand for if it doesn't work. The T&C says it shouldn't work for GCs.
worked in the past
Old Oct 2, 19, 1:46 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Do Hyatt properties even sell physical gift cards anymore?
Old Oct 2, 19, 1:49 pm

Received the same promo. Does the $300 have to be in a single stay or can it be spread out between a couple?
Old Oct 2, 19, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami View Post
No dice at the last several I tried, but that was probably two years ago.

I think they wiped away this option during their GC fraud fiasco.
Old Oct 2, 19, 7:32 pm

Originally Posted by joe_miami View Post
Possibly Hyatt owned properties? I have gotten them this year at GH New York. I've never asked at a HP though.
Old Oct 2, 19, 7:36 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Interesting. I haven't seen a physical gift card for sale at a Hyatt property in several years.
Old Oct 2, 19, 7:42 pm

There wasn't a rack or anything, I had to ask at the front desk. The agent didn't know how to process it, had to bring the manager over to walk through it. So it didn't seem that they sell many there. I'd be curious to see if anyone has purchased one at an HP recently.
Old Oct 2, 19, 11:10 pm

I've been able to buy gift cards at my Hyatt Place (non-corporate owned) and it has triggered all the prior Chase and Amex offers.
Old Oct 3, 19, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by ewrp12 View Post
I've been able to buy gift cards at my Hyatt Place (non-corporate owned) and it has triggered all the prior Chase and Amex offers.
called a few H place & house around town, but front desk all said no
Old Nov 27, 19, 11:27 pm

Programs: UA 1k 1MM, AA Exec Plat, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat, Accor ?????
Did anyone receive their $50 statement credit yet? It does say to allow 8-10 weeks...which probably was reasonable back in the day before computers.
Old Nov 28, 19, 5:33 am

Programs: AA Plat, WN CP, Hilton GoId, IHG Spire, Hyatt Globalist, Citi, Barclay, Chase, Amex, CapOne
Originally Posted by danhouston View Post
called a few H place & house around town, but front desk all said no
Yes, I had the same experience. A few years ago, I bought several gift cards from neighborhood HPs, but it appears, according to the manager with whom I spoke, that when all the gift card fraud was rampant in 2017 and early 2018, all hotels were told to pull the cards and stop selling them. He and I were both am certain that the technology still exists to complete the sale, but the hotel would be going against corporate by selling anything they still have locked away in their safes.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: