Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas, CA REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas, CA REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2, 2021, 7:28 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Tit, Hertz PC
I wonder if availability will open up for base rooms on points once some of the TSUs clear when the hotel opens? Looking to stack a few nights here with an existing Ventana Big Sur reservation.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 4:09 pm

I don't even see any Suite availability for revenue rates (at least for the half-dozen or so dates I checked) --- so in addition to not processing TSUs just quite yet, maybe the property hasn't even fully built them out yet. I do see a bunch of 'Studio' options -- maybe these are the standard suites?

Hunting for award availability at this hotel is proving pretty annoying. You have to hunt and peck date ranges, and the only options I was able to dig up were for 3-day weekday stays or 4-day minimum stays the weekends before/after Memorial Day.

I've got a Cat7 cert from the Q1 promo I need to use by Aug 31st (assuming Hyatt doesn't extend the expiration), and this is really the only SoCal property halfway worth burning it on -- but it's pretty much impossible to apply it to a 1-night (ideally weekend) stay.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 4:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AllThePants
I don't even see any Suite availability for revenue rates (at least for the half-dozen or so dates I checked) --- so in addition to not processing TSUs just quite yet, maybe the property hasn't even fully built them out yet. I do see a bunch of 'Studio' options -- maybe these are the standard suites?

Hunting for award availability at this hotel is proving pretty annoying. You have to hunt and peck date ranges, and the only options I was able to dig up were for 3-day weekday stays or 4-day minimum stays the weekends before/after Memorial Day.

I've got a Cat7 cert from the Q1 promo I need to use by Aug 31st (assuming Hyatt doesn't extend the expiration), and this is really the only SoCal property halfway worth burning it on -- but it's pretty much impossible to apply it to a 1-night (ideally weekend) stay.
What Q1 promo gave a Cat *7* cert?
Old Mar 9, 2021, 4:26 pm

Obviously its the cert from 60-night milestone
Old Mar 9, 2021, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by AndyKehn
Obviously its the cert from 60-night milestone
Old Mar 9, 2021, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
Obviously . Got it when the bonus nights hit on 3/4 -- expiring end of Aug unless Hyatt changes their mind in the coming months. And even if they do I can see them doing maybe an end-of-year or half-year extension rather than extending through the end of 2022.

Unfortunately I don't have any way to make it to Paris Vendôme or the Maldives in the near future

Last edited by AllThePants; Mar 9, 2021 at 4:45 pm
Old Mar 9, 2021, 6:21 pm

Tried to apply a TSU through concierge and was told none of the standard 1b suite is available.
Old Mar 9, 2021, 6:29 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Jwww
Tried to apply a TSU through concierge and was told none of the standard 1b suite is available.
My concierge told me she can't apply a TSU until the property opens.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 2:42 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
It looks like they pulled all availability for the suites below the ponto and grand suites (or at least I couldn't find any) until Feb. 2022. So I'm guessing that means no confirmed suite upgrades.
Old Mar 14, 2021, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by spgplat21
It looks like they pulled all availability for the suites below the ponto and grand suites (or at least I couldn't find any) until Feb. 2022. So I'm guessing that means no confirmed suite upgrades.
Not good news. My concierge was to work on an upgrade for me the day they open.

We just drove by. The place looks immaculate, ready for its grand opening.
Jackie Lin likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Not good news. My concierge was to work on an upgrade for me the day they open.

We just drove by. The place looks immaculate, ready for its grand opening.
I booked two nights for this weekend, was hoping to find out if it's possible to get a suite upgrade being a Globalist. Should I contact the hotel directly or contact globalist concierge? Thanks!
Old Mar 15, 2021, 4:54 pm

Saw this pop up on FB with some good pictures...
looks nice although the pool looks ridiculously small.

http://www.thesmartraveler.org/2021/03/an-exclusive-preopening-look-inside.html
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 5:14 pm

Originally Posted by Jackie Lin
I booked two nights for this weekend, was hoping to find out if it's possible to get a suite upgrade being a Globalist. Should I contact the hotel directly or contact globalist concierge? Thanks!
Welcome to FlyerTalk. I hope you'll post a report on your experience here. If I were you, I'd start with your concierge re getting a suite upgrade. I've read some successfully use twitter so that is another idea.
Old Mar 15, 2021, 6:15 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Jackie Lin
If you're trying to usea Suite Upgrade award, they must be applied by WoH - the Glob line, twitter team or your MHC. If you're hoping for an upgrade because you're a Glob, per the T&Cs, that is based on availability when you check in.
Old Mar 18, 2021, 10:22 pm

Now finally open

Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas Opens
Defining barefoot luxury in a world-class beachfront setting, the resort debuts as Hyatt’s first new-build Alila resort in the AmericasENCINITAS, Calif. (March 17, 2021) – Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas opens its doors today, delivering authentic and bespoke experiences in a world-class beachfront setting. The crafted luxury resort joins the Alila portfolio, which totals 16 locations worldwide, bringing the brand’s sustainable tourism, innovative eco-design and intimate destination experiences to Southern California.

Located in an iconic seaside town along the coastal bluffs of San Diego, the 130-room Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas is complete with an oceanfront pool, culinary experiences by award-winning Executive Chef Claudette Zepeda, expansive indoor-outdoor meeting and event spaces, serenity-invoking Spa Alila, and thoughtful, locally inspired and restorative programming. With the hotel’s namesake, “Marea,” meaning “tide” in Italian and Spanish, the resort features a distinctly Southern California feel, in harmony with the area’s natural landscape throughout, as well as from the vibrant surf and beach culture that surrounds the property.

• Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas Exterior

• Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas Outdoor Bar

• Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas King Guestroom

• Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas King Guestroom

“Marrying the striking design and artisanal luxury experience that the Alila brand is globally known for, with the authentic warmth and vitality of San Diego, Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas is truly a destination not to be missed,” said General Manager Benjamin Thiele. “Our team is honored to open our doors to the local community and travelers to experience our new luxury resort in this breathtaking location.”

Developed by San Diego-based investors JMI Realty and Fenway Capital Advisors, with construction by Suffolk Construction, Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas marks a significant milestone for the Alila brand as its first new-build resort in the Americas and the third Alila property in the U.S. and California. The luxury hotel joins the new Alila Napa Valley and Ventana Big Sur, an Alila Resort in Big Sur, Calif.

“It is incredible to see Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas, a project over two decades in the making, come to fruition. We look forward to sharing this special place with our guests and neighbors in the San Diego community.” says John Kratzer, chief executive officer of JMI Realty.

“The completion of the resort is a culmination of many years of hard work and planning,” added Larry Jackel, Fenway Capital Advisors managing partner. “It is our hope that travelers will experience a new benchmark in luxury hospitality with Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas.”

The Alila brand is an award-winning collection of luxury hotels and resorts in unique locations, distinguished by innovative eco-design, a passionate commitment to sustainable tourism as well as specially curated activities designed to immerse guests in nature, culture, and community. Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas adds to Hyatt’s growing Alila brand portfolio in the U.S., joining Ventana Big Sur, an Alila Resort, and Alila Napa Valley, which opened earlier this month.

ACCOMODATIONS

With 114 spacious guestrooms, nine studio rooms, five one-bedroom suites, and the Ponto and Grandview presidential suites, the 130 total luxurious guest accommodations all showcase stunning coastal or garden views. Distinct interiors feature natural elements of the coastline including wood, stone, and organic lines that weave in the striking landscape. Each room and suite are complete with coffee and tea service by local favorite, Lofty Coffee, a Tivoli Audio Model One Bluetooth, mini bar offerings, luxury Bellino linens crafted from sustainable beechwood fibers, plus access to all hotel amenities, including the pool, fitness center and more. The majority of rooms feature a balcony or patio – many of which include a private fire pit.

The Ponto and Grandview presidential suites are 1,037 square feet each and the epitome of California upscale living with floor-to-ceiling windows showcasing direct views of the Batiquitos Lagoon and the Pacific Ocean. Guests will enjoy a double-sided fireplace that opens up to an outdoor living space on the patio or balcony, a living room, separate bedroom and large bathroom with dual vanities and a deep soaking tub.

DESIGN

Designed by San Diego-based Joseph Wong Design Associates with interior design by Mark Zeff Associates, Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas is tastefully integrated into the coastal bluff, drawing on the unspoiled beauty of the San Diego coastline. In a palette of natural materials, warm woods, clean lines, and teasing views of the Pacific, the property engages all the senses while calming the spirit. Stone, driftwood, and sophisticated décor blend style with a sustainable focus, creating havens of understated elegance, accented with pops of color and modern amenities for the utmost comfort. Featured throughout the property is artwork by internationally acclaimed, locally based artist Aaron Chang, known for being one of the first photographers to join surfers in the ocean to capture breathtaking images. With Chang serving as Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas’s artist-in-residence, the property will feature an exclusive permanent collection of Chang’s work, as well as a rotating installation in VAGA, the hotel’s signature dining destination.

CULINARY

As Executive Chef at Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas, San Diego native and James Beard Award semifinalist Claudette Zepeda oversees the food and beverage concepts and leads the culinary team on property. At the helm of the property’s distinct dining destinations, Zepeda uses the finest locally sourced ingredients rooted in sustainability for inspired menus of delicious entrees, tasty bites and more.

VAGA Restaurant & Bar: The resort’s signature dining destination, VAGA, is an opportunity to be curious, explore and go where the experience takes you. With a menu that acts as a love letter from Chef Zepeda to her hometown in celebration of local flavors and influences, the restaurant is a confluence of the culture, cuisine and lifestyle of San Diego. Complemented by striking views of the seaside bluffs and exhibition kitchen, guests are connected to the land and sea through the unique culinary experience that is VAGA. Upon opening today, a limited VAGA menu is exclusively available for overnight guests. As health restrictions in California allow for indoor dining, VAGA will open to the community with the full menu.

Coffee Box: Serving as a hub for guests and the local community, Coffee Box is the perfect place to refresh and recharge before hitting the beach. Patrons can enjoy local fruits and produce that make up fresh takes on açaí bowls, coffee from local Encinitas roaster Lofty Coffee Co., perfectly prepared espresso drinks and custom coffee cocktails, freshly baked goods and more. The outpost also offers a retail component where guests can peruse surf merchandise and other local artisanal products.

The Pocket: A truly elevated pool deck experience, the resort’s laid-back hangout boasts unparalleled ocean views and a relaxed welcoming vibe, as exemplified by the custom handmade surfboard-inspired wall panels from local shaper Brian Szymanski. The food and beverage offerings will serve as an homage to the flavors and culture of Southern California and the Baja Peninsula. Menu highlights include tacos, sushi, and local fish complemented by light craft cocktails.

SPA & WELLNESS

Spa Alila invites guests to surrender their stresses with customized holistic treatments inspired by the healing and wellness attributes of the ocean. Made up of five treatment rooms, separate men’s and women’s saunas and a soothing relaxation space, spa-goers can indulge in signature treatments that feature the curative benefits of all-natural ingredients for the ultimate pampering and rejuvenation. Facials will incorporate luxury products by Maya Chia and Dr. Dennis Gross while body treatments will feature the local, aromatherapy-based Body Bliss line.

To further the property’s commitment to wellbeing, guests will be treated to premium daily fitness facilities, beachfront yoga classes, morning group runs along the coast, nature hikes and more on a complimentary basis.

MEETINGS & EVENTS

The resort offers versatile spaces for everything from intimate meetings and private dinners to events and cocktail parties for up to 350 guests. Oceana Ballroom, a 3,800-square-foot ballroom complete with an indoor/outdoor foyer and terrace, features unrivaled coastline views while Encinitas Boardroom is available for meetings and small events. For those saying “I do,” nuptials atop the iconic southern California cliffs set the scene for memories to last a lifetime, with the hotel’s extraordinary venue options of the open-air terrace, Ocean Bluff, and the elegant Oceana Ballroom.

PROGRAMMING & COLLABORATIONS

Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas is committed to locally inspired programming and collaborations to help create immersive, authentic experiences. Guest amenities and offerings range from Surfboard Butler and beach services, to nightly sunset traditions and access to a fleet of electric bicycles. Seasonal offerings will include evening poolside activations, stargazing on Ocean Bluff, behind-the-scenes experiences at Del Mar Thoroughbred Club and so much more:
  • Rob Machado Foundation: Founded by global surf legend Rob Machado, RMF funds water-filling stations in schools, recycling initiatives and beach cleanup programs. Guests can purchase a co-branded, reusable Mizu water bottle to use at filling stations throughout the property, with the proceeds benefiting RMF.
  • Electra Bicycle Company: This Encinitas-based bike company has designed a fleet of Electra Go! Bikes (electric assist cruisers) for hotel guests.
  • Surfin Fire: A local, top-tier surf school offering guest lessons.
  • Mint Studios: A collective of local artisans who coordinate unique, curated events for the hotel’s guests.
HEALTH & SAFETY

Guided by Hyatt’s purpose of care, Hyatt’s multi-layered Global Care & Cleanliness Commitment further enhances Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas’ operational guidance and resources around colleague and guest safety and peace of mind. More information on Hyatt’s commitment can be found here: hyatt.com/care-and-cleanliness.

World of Hyatt Gives Members 1,000 Reasons to Stay Somewhere New

In celebration of the 1,000th Hyatt hotel opening, and to provide World of Hyatt members even more ways to be rewarded, World of Hyatt is offering members the opportunity to earn 1,000 Bonus Points per qualifying night at participating new Hyatt hotels around the world. That’s 500 more Bonus Points when guests check out between March 17 and June 30, 2021. Participating hotels and respective offer stay periods can be found at worldofhyatt.com/newhotelbonus.

Starting rates for Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas begin at $639. For more information and to book a stay at Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas, please visit: alilamareabeachresort.com.

For further information:Terms & Conditions

Offer valid for 500 Bonus Points for each qualifying night stayed by World of Hyatt members in good standing during a hotel’s offer period at participating hotels and resorts. Where a qualifying night and the hotel’s offer period coincide with any check outdate from Marcch 17 – June 30, 2021, World of Hyatt members in good standing will receive an additional 500 Bonus Points for a total of 1,000 Bonus Points for each qualifying night during that period.

Offer valid at participating hotels and resorts for stays with a checkout date during each hotel’s offer period. For each hotel’s offer period, visit worldofhyatt.com/newhotelbonus.

To be eligible for this offer you must be a World of Hyatt member in good standing at time of reservation and stay, stay at a participating hotel with a checkout date during that hotel’s offer period, provide your World of Hyatt membership number at time of check-in, and either pay an Eligible Rate or redeem a free night award.

An “Eligible Rate” and “Ineligible Rate” are defined in the World of Hyatt Terms and Conditions (located at worldofhyatt.com/terms). Only one point bonus may be earned per member, per stay, regardless of the number of rooms booked. Only the room occupied by the member will count toward this offer. Two or more consecutive nights at the same hotel will be deemed one stay. All points awarded under this offer are Bonus Points. This offer is subject to the complete terms and conditions of the World of Hyatt program. Please allow 3-4 weeks after travel is completed for World of Hyatt Bonus Points to be credited to your Account. To join World of Hyatt, visit worldofhyatt.com. Qualifying nights will automatically be tracked when you provide your World of Hyatt membership number at check-in. A limited number of rooms are allocated to this offer; reservations subject to availability. Offer not valid with groups, conventions, other promotional offers, tour packages or special rate programs. Promotional blackout periods may apply due to seasonal periods or special events, and normal arrival/departure restrictions apply. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this offer at any time without notice. The trademarks Hyatt®, World of Hyatt® and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation or its affiliates. © 2020 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

For additional information, visit worldofhyatt.com/newhotelbonus.

About Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas

Located in one of Southern California’s most iconic coastal towns, Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas is a crafted luxury resort, delivering authentic and bespoke experiences in a world-class beachfront setting. Defining barefoot luxury, Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas opened in March 2021 and features 130 coastal and garden view rooms and suites, using innovative design to showcase the breathtaking coastal views and natural elements of the coastline featuring wood, stone, and sophisticated lines resulting in a stylish yet artisanal understated environment. The resort is committed to locally inspired programming and also features an oceanfront pool, signature restaurant showcasing the finest sustainably sourced ingredients, more than 28,500 square feet of expansive, distinctive indoor-outdoor meetings and event spaces, and Spa Alila, a world-class spa and wellness experience that infuses the ocean’s healing attributes throughout. Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas opened as the third Alila property in the U.S. and first new build in the U.S. for the brand, delivering transformative experiences, mindfulness and cultural immersion.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.