Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas, CA REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alila Marea Beach Resort Encinitas, CA REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2021, 1:15 pm
formerly wchinchen

Programs: AA CK, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Anyone else thought about checking out the Oceanside properties (Seabird/Mission) vs the Alila Encinitas? I haven't inquired about TSU use with the Oceanside properties, but for the same price for a base room at Alila, a grand suite can be booked at Seabird.

Last edited by HaleiwaFlyer; Apr 11, 2021 at 7:43 pm
Old Apr 11, 2021, 5:11 pm

Programs: AA EXP 4 MM, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by HaleiwaFlyer
Anyone else thought about checking out the Oceanside properties out (Seabird/Mission) vs the Alila Encinitas? I haven't inquired about TSU use with the Oceanside properties, but for the same price for a base room at Alila, a grand suite can be booked at Seabird.
Patiently waiting for them to open....
Old Apr 13, 2021, 1:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by wrxmom
But I was given a studio king coastline view with balcony. The fire pits are nice but with a ground floor room, people can look inside. Something to keep in mind.

We were told Globalist breakfast benefit was one entree, one side, and one non-alcoholic beverage. Food is EXCELLENT. But only VAGA is open right now.

The pool is very small. Basically, a large wading pool.
My wife and I stayed here a few weeks ago and agree with all of those points. The food at Vaga is very good, the staff is very nice and helpful, but otherwise the hotel was a bit of a letdown. I would NOT recommend booking a ground floor room. You feel very exposed due to the fire lane/walking path directly on the other side of some of those patios. The pool area is small and we didn't end up using it due to lack of distancing – though our tolerance for that is probably lower than others' and it's obviously a temporary concern.

Overall the hotel doesn't feel as interesting/nice as its sister property in St Helena – which we stayed at when it was a Las Alcobas – or the way I read Ventana described. Wasn't too disappointed with the value given that we booked on points but we don't think we'd pay $700+/night to stay there again.
wrxmom and outgoing like this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 5:10 pm

On my visit, we were upgraded to a Studio King with Coastline View. The extra room was nice, we enjoyed the view, and the soaking tub was a plus. At Alila Marea, both the oceanview and coastline view rooms face the public walkway. But more people will stop and stare at the ocean at the top of the hill than walking up the hill.

Here's what a studio king looks like -

https://www.travelingwellforless.com...g-room-review/
Old Apr 13, 2021, 6:10 pm

Considering an upcoming stay here and wondering what the weekend crowds are like these days at the property and at the beach in front? Also I didn't see this anywhere else in the thread but is it walking distance to restaurants, etc. off-property?

Thanks!
ryandc99 likes this.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 7:31 pm

Programs: MR-Amb, Hyatt-Globalist, AA-EXP
While I could not apply a TSU for my stay, they book into the One Bedroom Suite Coastline View with Firepit and One Bedroom Suite Ocean View.

There are only 5 suites (2 of each plus an ADA suite) in the entire hotel. So getting a TSU applied is going to be near impossible.
I was told the TSU eligible suites are the One Bedroom Suite Ocean View and the ADA One Bedroom Suite Ocean View, but not the coastline view suite. Unfortunately only the coastline view suite was available for my dates, so I wasn't able to verify whether the hotel was actually confirming any upgrades at this time.
Old Apr 13, 2021, 8:03 pm
Moderator, Delta Skymiles and Mileage Run

Programs: DL Diamond/MM, Hyatt Diamond, former AS MVPG 75K, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by madderlake
Considering an upcoming stay here and wondering what the weekend crowds are like these days at the property and at the beach in front? Also I didn't see this anywhere else in the thread but is it walking distance to restaurants, etc. off-property?

Thanks!
I am also curious from folks what local food options are like!
Old Apr 14, 2021, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by madderlake

Thanks!
Weekends at the beach will be crowded, especially when it's hot. Yes, the hotel is within walking distance of restaurants.
Old Apr 14, 2021, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by spgplat21
I was told the TSU eligible suites are the One Bedroom Suite Ocean View and the ADA One Bedroom Suite Ocean View, but not the coastline view suite. Unfortunately only the coastline view suite was available for my dates, so I wasn't able to verify whether the hotel was actually confirming any upgrades at this time.
If so, then it's a recent change and it would mean that instead of all 5 suites being available for upgrades, only 3 suites would be available for upgrades. 😢
Old Apr 14, 2021, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by ryandc99
If you want inexpensive Mexican, Roberto's is next door. Fishhouse 101 is about a 10 minute walk. Valentina's (excellent food) is a 20 minute walk.
relidtm likes this.

Last edited by wrxmom; Apr 14, 2021 at 2:52 pm Reason: better answer
Old Apr 15, 2021, 5:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist | Marriott Titanium | Hilton Diamond
Patiently waiting for them to open....

Looks like they've pushed their opening day up to Memorial weekend
Old Apr 15, 2021, 11:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
Originally Posted by ryandc99
There is a Roberto's Taco Shop half a block south of the hotel on the PCH. Roberto's is a SD icon.
Old Apr 16, 2021, 8:29 am

Thanks everyone! How are the one bedroom king rooms Coastline view with balcony? Are they a downgrade over a Studio Coastline room?
Old Apr 21, 2021, 1:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AMC MovieWatcher, Giant BonusCard, Petco PALS Card, Silver Diner Blue Plate Club
Suites are now confirmable here. I've just booked an award stay + confirmed upgrade.

Last edited by gleff; Apr 21, 2021 at 1:30 pm
Old Apr 21, 2021, 1:47 pm

Had a great weekend stay by the way - two rooms, two nights, all on points (we were traveling with family). As a Globalist received King rooms, coastline view, 3rd floor, away from the pool, next to each other. We had an amazing time - the property is gorgeous and staff were all incredible...from front desk staff to restaurant waiters and everything in between. The location is stunning too. Can't say enough good things! Let me know if you have any questions...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.