Hyatt Place Cookie

Old Sep 22, 19, 9:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton ♦ , Hyatt Carbonado, Wyndham ♦, Marriott PE, "Stinking Bum" elsewhere.
Hyatt Place Cookie

The peanut butter cookie is very pricey at $5-. I didn't look at the other baked goods closely but I assume everything is pricey. At a time when other chains are giving away cookies and other treats, these prices seem crazy.

Last edited by zombietooth; Sep 22, 19 at 10:12 pm
Old Sep 23, 19, 2:10 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by zombietooth View Post
The peanut butter cookie is very pricey at $5-. I didn't look at the other baked goods closely but I assume everything is pricey. At a time when other chains are giving away cookies and other treats, these prices seem crazy.
I've never even seen a cookie in a HP room before. Gotten the chocolate covered pretzels at HH Shelton for being a Globalist.
Old Sep 23, 19, 7:31 am

They aren't in the rooms they are at the front desk in the cafe area
Old Sep 23, 19, 10:49 am

Programs: AAdvantage Plat Pro, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
I've never even looked at the prices in the HP 'market' cases. But when I am out and want a coffee, I have noticed similarly expensive prices for the baked goods at coffee shops (when I am waiting in line behind people buying overly priced sugary coffee themed drinks). I would think HP bases their price comparison to those places....

And, not to turn this into an OMNI thread (though maybe it should be), I wish the other hotel chains would stop giving out cookies. I get so sick of the celebrate-every-minor-thing-with-sugar culture that only seems to be getting more pervasive the older I get (and I do have a treat every once in a while, but the cookies at those other hotel brands are just like the cheap cupcakes at your kid's friend's sister's half-birthday party -- it's just not worth eating).

Search this Thread