FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Alila Ubud REVIEW - MASTER THREAD (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1988221-alila-ubud-review-master-thread.html)

bcosinteno Sep 21, 2019 6:56 am

Alila Ubud REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Since there's not an individual property thread for the Alila Ubud, I thought I would go ahead and start one.

Currently here for three nights on a paid Hyatt Privé stay. Also used a suite upgrade for the pool villa. The pool villa has a private pool and outdoor bathtub.

Very happy overall with the resort. The hard product is showing some signs of age (nothing terrible though) but the service here is just phenomenal.

Breakfast is included for all guests. And is a rotating/different menu daily. Breakfast is served small plate style, so you can choose as many small plates try as you would like. In addition, specialty coffee including lattes, etc. is included with breakfast.

The resort also does complimentary afternoon tea from 3:00 PM until 4:00 PM. It includes specialty coffee or tea and small pastries.

And if you book a paid stay of two nights or more, round trip airport transfers are also included.

Met with the general manager. He is very excited about the Alila brand being part of World of Hyatt. We were actually there first Privé booking, but they did well, acknowledging my globalist benefits and Privé benefits at check-in.

Overall very pleased with the stay and would definitely recommend the resort.

After we leave Ubud, we are off to to the Alila Villas Uluwatu and Alila Seminyak. So I'll post comments on both of those after our stays.

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...25c58c07a6.jpg

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...b8cf8e3f1f.jpg

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...8acdf86c4d.jpg

bcosinteno Sep 21, 2019 6:59 am

On a separate note, I also booked my first Hyatt Find Experience at the Alila Ubud. For just over 10,000 points, you receive a half day spa experience, a Rain forest Spa & Culinary Experience. The entire experience is done in a private cabana down in the forest. It starts with a foot scrub, then a 90 minute relaxation massage, private lunch, followed by a 60 minute reflexology massage. Overall, very impressive. And in my opinion, was a good value.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...2967c5c78a.jpg

TIGRIS23 Sep 21, 2019 8:50 am

Originally Posted by bcosinteno (Post 31548043)
On a separate note, I also booked my first Hyatt Find Experience at the Alila Ubud. For just over 10,000 points, you receive a half day spa experience, a Rain forest Spa & Culinary Experience. The entire experience is done in a private cabana down in the forest. It starts with a foot scrub, then a 90 minute relaxation massage, private lunch, followed by a 60 minute reflexology massage. Overall, very impressive. And in my opinion, was a good value.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...2967c5c78a.jpg

Thanks for the info and photos bcosinteno! I've book 3 rooms at Alila Ubud for 3 nights next year using Hyatt pts. Yes, the hardwares seem a bit dated but still seems to be good value at 12k a night. Glad to hear service is phenom! Since we booked it using pts, we don't have the free breakfasts as you booked it with cash. Very much interested in the Hyatt Find Experience though! Was this available for booking online at Hyatt's website? How many hours was the full experience--a day? Are there different options (like 1/2 a day)? We also booked Alila Villas Uluwatu for 3 nights following our stay at Alila Ubud. Will love o hear you report on that later! Thanks!

antonius66 Sep 21, 2019 9:38 am

That sounds like a great value at 10k points for the experience.

3rdworldresident Feb 18, 2020 1:25 am

Is breakfast included for all guests at all rates?

SkyTeam777 May 13, 2020 10:36 am

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident (Post 32084742)

Yes, I am curious to know this too, especially as it applies to WoH redemptions.

skywalkerLAX May 13, 2020 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by 3rdworldresident (Post 32084742)

I've never seen a rate quote here that didn't include breakfast and their menu in the morning doesn't show any prices.

dlflyer2 May 21, 2020 7:53 am

The a la carte breakfast was included in all rates. Different local items featured each day and were a delight. Breakfast is served in the main restaurant, the vibrant greenery of the rain forest setting makes for a cool, fresh start to the day.

The resort is on the "other" side of Ubud and has less of the area traffic so it seems more tranquil. It is a most see and must return experience. Looking forward to visiting again.

bta15 Dec 3, 2020 1:32 pm

Originally Posted by dlflyer2 (Post 32392922)
The a la carte breakfast was included in all rates. Different local items featured each day and were a delight. Breakfast is served in the main restaurant, the vibrant greenery of the rain forest setting makes for a cool, fresh start to the day.

The resort is on the "other" side of Ubud and has less of the area traffic so it seems more tranquil. It is a most see and must return experience. Looking forward to visiting again.

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX (Post 32372968)
I've never seen a rate quote here that didn't include breakfast and their menu in the morning doesn't show any prices.

Originally Posted by SkyTeam777 (Post 32371993)
Yes, I am curious to know this too, especially as it applies to WoH redemptions.

I see that your question/answers are a little old. I stayed at Alila Ubud in March (right before covid shut everything down). I stayed on points and am an explorist. I was told that points stays do not include breakfast and I had to pay for it. We were literally the only table in the mornings that had to pay. It was mildly annoying but whatever. I did get a nice upgrade to a huge room and a welcome amenity so I'll call it a wash.

skywalkerLAX Dec 3, 2020 10:12 pm

Originally Posted by bta15 (Post 32861239)
I see that your question/answers are a little old. I stayed at Alila Ubud in March (right before covid shut everything down). I stayed on points and am an explorist. I was told that points stays do not include breakfast and I had to pay for it. We were literally the only table in the mornings that had to pay. It was mildly annoying but whatever. I did get a nice upgrade to a huge room and a welcome amenity so I'll call it a wash.

Interesting. I wouldn't have thought they will bother considering pretty much any rate there includes breakfast. At least the quality is top notch.

Sad days... today I had a "moment" pop up in my social media that I was at the Alila exactly a year ago. :(

jongesander Feb 22, 2022 8:53 am

Made a reservation for later this year. Found an interesting rate: "Ubud Hillside Retreat", with the following description:

"- Daily Breakfast for Two (2) at Cabana
- 60 minutes photography session
- Poolside afternoon tea for Two (2) from 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- Room Upgrade to next category (NOT VALID for upgrade in to 2-Bedroom Villa)
- Minimum stay 2-nights will received one of the following additional benefit: 1 x 60-minutes massage OR Panoramic Picnic or Archery lesson for Two (2) guests"

More or less the same benefits as Hyatt Privé, but this rate is a lot lower (Member Advance Purchase is $ 153,00 but this rate is $ 75,00 per night). It's also non-refundable.

Booked a Deluxe King for two nights. Given this description it would qualify to an upgrade to a Valley Villa, as this is the next category. For only $ 105,00 a night that would be a pretty decent price for the Valley Villa.

Gertjaars Feb 25, 2022 8:24 am

Thats a really good deal! Hopefully indonesia continues to keeps their borders open to international tourists for the remainder of the year.

Originally Posted by jongesander (Post 34014496)
Made a reservation for later this year. Found an interesting rate: "Ubud Hillside Retreat", with the following description:

"- Daily Breakfast for Two (2) at Cabana
- 60 minutes photography session
- Poolside afternoon tea for Two (2) from 3:00pm - 4:00pm
- Room Upgrade to next category (NOT VALID for upgrade in to 2-Bedroom Villa)
- Minimum stay 2-nights will received one of the following additional benefit: 1 x 60-minutes massage OR Panoramic Picnic or Archery lesson for Two (2) guests"

More or less the same benefits as Hyatt Privé, but this rate is a lot lower (Member Advance Purchase is $ 153,00 but this rate is $ 75,00 per night). It's also non-refundable.

Booked a Deluxe King for two nights. Given this description it would qualify to an upgrade to a Valley Villa, as this is the next category. For only $ 105,00 a night that would be a pretty decent price for the Valley Villa.

road2elysium Feb 28, 2022 12:56 am

Originally Posted by jongesander (Post 34014496)

Would you feel comfortable sharing month or stay length? I could only get the following rates: bed breakfast, double your points, luxury escape, romance package.

jongesander Feb 28, 2022 1:06 am

Originally Posted by road2elysium (Post 34031197)
Would you feel comfortable sharing month or stay length? I could only get the following rates: bed breakfast, double your points, luxury escape, romance package.

I'm staying there on the end of june for two nights. Booked this rate last week with the Hyatt app but it looks like you can no longer book it with the app or online. On this page you can still see the details and you can also inquiry with mail or Whatsapp, but I'm not sure if they still offer this rate.

demue Feb 28, 2022 11:40 pm

Just wondering as the price difference is quite big - could it have been intended as a local rate for Indonesian and Kitas holders instead of being bookable by all? Maybe they forgot to add the provisions for that into the rate description.

Either that or it was a Covid special rate that they forgot to remove or limit its validity date. YMMV.