Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

NoMad LV: Part of Mlife, will it code as Park MGM or...?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2019, 5:39 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Diamond; HHonors Dia; Langham Voyager; Marriot & SPG Gold; UA Gold; AA Plat

Another WoH promo just hit: Double base-points at MGM Resorts Sep 19 thru Dec 28, 2019

link: https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...le-points.html

Hoping this will stack with current "Bonus Journeys" Triple/Double base-point promo already in effect for Sep 15 ~ Dec 15

https://world.hyatt.com/content/gp/e...-journeys.html

My question:

I already have a two-night booking (booked thru M-life, which is a legit WoH booking channel) in place that falls within the dates of both above promos. But is is at the NoMad LV, which is an M-Life property and is actually *inside* the Park MGM.

Anyone have any data points as to how the stay will code? Will it show as "Park MGM", or actually as "NoMad" ?

I ask because the T&C's for the new promo does not specifically say that "NoMad" is included as a "participating property", but it does say that Park MGM is a "participating property".

Also, stay was booked back when still able to get 25%off via M-life, which is sadly no longer (only 10%off via M-Life is available now).

Last edited by yoganeck; Sep 19, 2019 at 7:45 pm
Old Sep 19, 2019, 6:09 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Nomad is no time a participating property in the MGM/World of Hyatt program. So if you stay at The Nomad, you will not earn World of Hyatt points or tier credit.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 6:44 pm

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
As mentioned by bcosinteno already, Nomad is not a participating property in Hyatt partnership. It is a bit weird though, since Nomad is the only exclusion but Delano and Signature are included.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 6:59 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by bcosinteno
Nomad is no time a participating property in the MGM/World of Hyatt program. So if you stay at The Nomad, you will not earn World of Hyatt points or tier credit.
I stayed at the Nomad in July and fully didn’t expect to earn Hyatt points for it. I didn’t even give them my Hyatt number at check in, but apparently it’s now part of my MLife profile after having stayed at other MGM properties and crediting to Hyatt.

I earned full points and stay credit for my stay and it posted to my Hyatt account as “Park MGM”
yoganeck likes this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 7:12 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by dw
I stayed at the Nomad in July and fully didn’t expect to earn Hyatt points for it. I didn’t even give them my Hyatt number at check in, but apparently it’s now part of my MLife profile after having stayed at other MGM properties and crediting to Hyatt.

I earned full points and stay credit for my stay and it posted to my Hyatt account as “Park MGM”
Odd. I stayed there last month and was specifically told they do not participate in WOH. And I also emailed Hyatt who said the same thing. Not sure.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 7:59 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Odd. I stayed there last month and was specifically told they do not participate in WOH. And I also emailed Hyatt who said the same thing. Not sure.
Thanks for that data point... sounds like it’s not supposed to be participating and perhaps they won’t add your WOH number for you when you check in... but if your WOH number is already attached to your MLife it may still credit anyway.

Incidentally, my stay posted to my AMEX as “Park MGM Front Desk” so it sounds like in practice they may be using the same system as the larger property.
yoganeck and easy_money like this.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by dw

I have my M Life account linked to my WoH account. Booked a promotional rate thru the MGM site for 3 nights in March 2019 and received several thousand points from my stay saying ‘Park MGM Las Vegas’ under my WoH past stays. I charged various meals to the room. Seems like ‘stay details’ results in a blank page in the app so I can’t totally discern the breakdown of the points. I’m presuming it’s an eligible rate (stay credit) when showing up in my queue but who knows.
yoganeck likes this.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 3:20 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K (RIP VX), Hyatt Globalist, BonVoy Plat, National Exec
I stayed at the NoMad LV in July.
Booked it through Mlife website, which is attached to my WOH.
I DID receive night credit and points.
I do remember it taking a little longer than normal to post to my WOH, however.
Good luck!
yoganeck and easy_money like this.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 4:20 pm

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
According to the Hyatt/MLIFE partnership T&C's, all the MLIFE properties are listed but Nomad. From the data points so far, it seems people are receiving points and night credits for it. Maybe they just forgot to list and add Nomad on there then. Nonetheless, it's a good thing. Hopefully it's not a mistake then.

From https://help.hyatt.com/en/faqs/world...ationship.html , under "General" line item.

What are the participating M life Rewards destinations?
The following M life Rewards destinations in Las Vegas are participating: Bellagio®, ARIA™, Vdara™, MGM Grand®, The Signature at MGM Grand®, Mandalay Bay®, Delano Las Vegas, The Mirage®, Monte Carlo™, New York New York™, Luxor® and Excalibur®. Although Circus Circus is owned by MGM Resorts International, it is not a participating M life Rewards destination and therefore is not part of this relationship.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 5:24 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Just to be clear, NoMad is part of Park MGM and the Mlife program. Spend there does earn Mlife TCs and Mlife benefits/comps are usable there, etc.
easy_money likes this.

Last edited by gengar; Sep 20, 2019 at 5:31 pm
Old Sep 20, 2019, 9:40 pm

Originally Posted by gengar
Just to be clear, NoMad is part of Park MGM and the Mlife program. Spend there does earn Mlife TCs and Mlife benefits/comps are usable there, etc.
I don't think there's any confusion there. Nomad is just like Signature and Delano. Think what bcosinteno meant to say was the partnership between the 2 programs. The issue lies with if Nomad earns any Hyatt points and night credit, since it's not specifically stated in the Hyatt/MGM partnership T&Cs.
Old Sep 20, 2019, 11:54 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by easy_money
I don't think there's any confusion there. Nomad is just like Signature and Delano. Think what bcosinteno meant to say was the partnership between the 2 programs. The issue lies with if Nomad earns any Hyatt points and night credit, since it's not specifically stated in the Hyatt/MGM partnership T&Cs.
It was the mention of not earning tier credits that suggests potential confusion.
easy_money likes this.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 12:45 am

Originally Posted by gengar
It was the mention of not earning tier credits that suggests potential confusion.
Ahh, got it. I read it and automatically understood it since I'm familiar with the differences. But I can see where the confusion may be.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Is NoMad a decent product? I stayed one night at Park MGM and was not impressed.
Old Sep 21, 2019, 12:27 pm

Originally Posted by iflyjetz
Is NoMad a decent product? I stayed one night at Park MGM and was not impressed.
IMO, Nomad is slightly better than Park MGM, but not big of a difference really. Color scheme is a bit more vibrant and brighter, unlike the dim greenish color you get in the Park MGM rooms. I think Nomad is on the top 4 or 5 floors. Liked it better when it used to be Hotel 32 before they remodeled and renamed it to Nomad. When Park MGM first opened it was hurting for business and rooms were around $100 or less a night, even on weekends. Now it seems on many days I checked, the pricing for Nomad is higher than Vdara, and around the same or just slightly less than Aria and Bellagio. For similar pricing, I'd rather choose to stay Aria or even Vdara.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.