Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Guest of Honor or Book as Globalist?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Guest of Honor or Book as Globalist?

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2021, 7:33 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Question GoH question

Made a "Guest of Honor" booking for a relative for 5 nights in NYC.
The type of rate is: STANDARD ROOM FREE NIGHT.
But the beginning of the email confirmation also states "As a Globalist you’re eligible to receive our highest tier of in-hotel benefits including room upgrades inclusive of Standard Suites, late checkout, 30% points bonus, waived resort fees and more.
".
Is the type of rate correct? Or should I ask it to be changed to 'HON'?

Thanks
Old May 3, 2021, 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by zip10001
Made a "Guest of Honor" booking for a relative for 5 nights in NYC.
The type of rate is: STANDARD ROOM FREE NIGHT.
But the beginning of the email confirmation also states "As a Globalist you’re eligible to receive our highest tier of in-hotel benefits including room upgrades inclusive of Standard Suites, late checkout, 30% points bonus, waived resort fees and more.
".
Is the type of rate correct? Or should I ask it to be changed to 'HON'?

Thanks
I've never seen a HON rate type. It is whatever the rate you book. In the confirmation under Preferences and Policies: GUEST OF HONOR
IAD_flyer and zip10001 like this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 9:28 pm

If it says "Preferences and Policies: MEMBER" is it still a GoH booking or did the agent not set it up correctly?
Old Jun 20, 2021, 11:40 pm

Originally Posted by IAD_flyer
If it says "Preferences and Policies: MEMBER" is it still a GoH booking or did the agent not set it up correctly?
This sounds like it was not set up correctly. I’d call and double check!

Guest of Honor under Preferences and Policies
IAD_flyer likes this.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 3:40 pm

just want to cofirm that besides FNCs, pts bookings can be used for GoH, correct? Thx
Old Jul 7, 2021, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by danhouston
just want to cofirm that besides FNCs, pts bookings can be used for GoH, correct? Thx
Yes, points can be used for GoH bookings.
Old Jul 7, 2021, 5:55 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Can’t you just book two rooms in your name and list the others as additional names on the reservation? . I thought families with teenage children did this often.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 4:56 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG
Originally Posted by beachfan
Can’t you just book two rooms in your name and list the others as additional names on the reservation? . I thought families with teenage children did this often.
yes you can. Don‘t even need to list them as additional names.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Originally Posted by beachfan
The OP is almost two years old. As has been discussed since then, the issue is that the property is not obliged to extend Glob benefits to additional rooms. OTOH, OP was considering TSUs which cannot be applied to GoH bookings, so OP needs to choose between these guarantees. As some properties do extend Glob benefits to multiple reservations, specific property reviews may be helpful in determining that.
Old Jul 8, 2021, 3:50 pm
nsx
Moderator: Southwest Airlines, Capital One
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: WN Companion Pass, A-list preferred, Hyatt Globalist; United Club Lietime (sic) Member
I have booked an award room in my name but now it looks as if a family member with the same last name will be the only guest. The award rooms have been sold out for months now. Can I call Hyatt and have the reservation modified to GoH for the family member? Should I do so? There are no suite upgrades, and we will be happy with any upgrade or no upgrade. I don't particularly need the nights for milestone awards, but the family member has zero use for night credits.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 7:45 am

Guest of Honor Code

Sorry to piggyback on this old thread, but can’t find anything related.

My son used Globalist to book husband and I several upcoming trips under Guest of Honor program.
original trip originally said Guest of Honor under preferences. However we had to cancel that trip and rebook a different property and dates. New booking did not say guest of honor under preferences but after multiple questions to rep because I was concerned it wasn’t noted the same as the first time, we were assured that the reservation was coded Guest of Honor on “their side” and the hotel would know. Fast forward a couple months we were in contact with hotel directly and they are saying we won’t get globalist benefits because my personal level is only Discoverist.

I’ve asked the concierge to look at codes on our reservation and waiting for response.

Any suggestions? We have 3 more upcoming reservations that we’re also assured was “coded” but not actually on the preferences part that we can see.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Erin Barker

I’ve asked the concierge to look at codes on our reservation and waiting for response.

Any suggestions? We have 3 more upcoming reservations that we’re also assured was “coded” but not actually on the preferences part that we can see.
Two questions.

1. why are you dealing directly with a "concierge" if you are not personally a Globalist?
2. why is your own WoH account attached to a GoH booking?
Old Mar 12, 2022, 1:42 pm

Originally Posted by Erin Barker

My son used Globalist to book husband and I several upcoming trips under Guest of Honor program...
I’m not the globalist.

I contacted the concierge to inquire about the benefits under the Globalist Guest of Honor reservation that was booked in our name and other specifics to our stay.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 1:45 pm

I contacted the hotel concierge… not the globalist concierge.
Old Mar 12, 2022, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
2. why is your own WoH account attached to a GoH booking?
we were told that the person staying in the room gets credit for the stay… they would need my WOH account to give proper credit.

this was all done thru the Globalist customer service line.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.