FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Motif Seattle - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - left Hyatt 1/12/23 - now Hilton (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1987468-motif-seattle-review-master-thread-left-hyatt-1-12-23-now-hilton.html)

andreiz Sep 16, 2019 12:29 am

Motif Seattle - REVIEW - MASTER THREAD - left Hyatt 1/12/23 - now Hilton

Wanted to book a room for tomorrow night, since I had to extend my stay in Seattle by a day. Hotel is selling King Bed and 2 Queen Bed rooms for cash rates; however, nothing is available on points. I called Globalist line to ask about this, they contacted the hotel and eventually got back to me saying that the hotel designated only a single Queen Bed room as a standard one for redemptions. Which is some kind of bulls**t. Clearly goes to show this property is not interested in participating in WoH properly.

Aventine Sep 16, 2019 4:01 am

Originally Posted by andreiz (Post 31529446)
Wanted to book a room for tomorrow night, since I had to extend my stay in Seattle by a day. Hotel is selling King Bed and 2 Queen Bed rooms for cash rates; however, nothing is available on points. I called Globalist line to ask about this, they contacted the hotel and eventually got back to me saying that the hotel designated only a single Queen Bed room as a standard one for redemptions. Which is some kind of bulls**t. Clearly goes to show this property is not interested in participating in WoH properly.

Go for the Regency or Thompson then.

cvseuy Sep 16, 2019 5:11 am

I checked on Hyatt and there seem to be Points+Cash bookings for today and the next couple of days. However I don't see standard award available.

https://imgur.com/a/qrQO3UJ

andreiz Sep 22, 2019 8:57 am

Originally Posted by Aventine (Post 31529749)
Go for the Regency or Thompson then.

That's what I did. Regency is a great hotel.

Red Raider LV Nov 18, 2019 10:21 am

I just completed a one night stay here. It's a nice property, and fairly reasonably priced for Downtown Seattle. I would say the theme of the hotel is "Full Service Aloft." The employees are friendly and the wine tasting in the lobby is a nice touch.

My criticism however, is that they don't seem to care to participate in WOH. I was given a standard room on the 8th floor with no real view. This is what I booked, so that's fair enough, but I checked the app when I arrived at the hotel and literally every room type one could think of was for sale (suites, high floors, rooms with views) so I think they simply don't pay any attention/don't care about Globalist status. Somewhat disappointing for a one night stay.

As for breakfast, you get whatever you want in the restaurant which is nice, but they apparently charge gratuity to your bill automatically. I had to ask about the breakfast benefit because it wasn't mentioned to me at check-in. Gratuity was never disclosed.

Finally, they charged me the pointless destination fee even though it should be waived. I am in the process of getting it taken off my bill.

If Globalist benefits are important to you, there are better choices in Seattle. If you value free wine and funky room design this might be a good choice... just don't expect a view.

mixmastermark Nov 18, 2019 1:41 pm

Decided to try out the Motif on a two night business trip in October as a Globalist.

Echoing what others have been saying, it feels like this hotel isn't interested in being part of WOH.

At checkin, zero acknowledgement of Globalist Status or mention of any amenities. Booked 'Two Queen Beds w/City View' room which is what I received. When I asked if they had any upgraded or King Bed rooms available, receptionist said nothing else was available, which may have been the case, as I was arriving around 9PM on a Sunday night after flight delays. Once she handed me my keys and I realized she wasn't going to share any more hotel or WOH info, I asked the location and hours for breakfast, and was on my way.

Very mediocre property all around, and a waste to stay here as a Globalist, especially with far superior options like the Thompson, Regency, Olive 8, and Grand Hyatt all close by.

stephem Nov 19, 2019 2:19 pm

Same as above. Hassled about early check in (asked to pay $50) so I dropped backs with them and came back later, then was told "oh why didnt you check in earlier, as an elite you should have been allowed?" Had the same run around with late check out, asked to pay then reminded them of elite status and grudgingly given it. Front desk staff couldnt have been less interested in helping, let alone acknowledging elite status.

VegasGambler Dec 29, 2019 10:20 pm

I just completed a 2-night stay here.

The staff is not well trained about globalist benefits but it was not that big of a deal.

I booked the room for $104/night, which I felt was a steal in downtown Seattle. They upgraded me, though not to a suite (none were available -- the FD told me that and I confirmed on the app). I asked for 4pm checkout. The FD said that I'd have to ask that day to check for availability. I mentioned that since I was globalist, it wasn't subject to availability. She said "oh, right" and set it up.

The room was nice and the bed was comfortable. I'm not a fan the constant evesdropping by Amazon so I unplugged the echo.

I slept through breakfast the first morning (I arrived in the wee hours of the morning due to airline delays). The 2nd morning I went to the restaurant and ordered one of their set breakfasts (the American, I think). It was quite good. The breakfasts I saw being delivered to other people's tables looked quite good as well.

When my bag arrived (in addition to airline delays, the baggage carousel at SEA was broken and it was taking them 3 hours to drop bags, to they were suggesting that people leave the airport and get them delivered) they delivered them to my room without me having to ask about it.

When I checked out, there was a charge for $20/night destination fee, plus tax on the destination fee, plus $36 for breakfast (including taxes and the automatic 20% gratuity). I mentioned that I was globalist so I wasn't supposed to pay for the destination fee or breakfast. She said "let me check" and about 20 seconds later said "oh, that's right" and removed the items from that bill.

So it seems that they have some training issues around WoH status benefits but the staff was friendly and the benefits were provided upon request with no argument. Sure, it should be proactive, but overall the inconvenience was minimal and not enough to overshadow the positives of the hotel. I'd definitely stay again if the price was right.

777 global mile hound Jan 9, 2020 9:38 pm

Are the beds soft medium or firm here?
I consider a Grand Bed to be medium such as Grand Hyatt and Olive 8
Thanks

VegasGambler Jan 9, 2020 9:54 pm

Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound (Post 31931348)
Are the beds soft medium or firm here?
I consider a Grand Bed to be medium such as Grand Hyatt and Olive 8
Thanks

Less firm than most Hyatt.

jetsetter Sep 8, 2020 7:17 am

How does the Motif compare to i.e. Olive 8 (have stayed several times), Thompson (have never stayed).

I would say my go to is Olive 8 but for an upcoming stay the rates are about $230 a night. I found the Motif for about $115 a night.

I don't have a problem telling them what WOH benefits I want or need as that may be a situation at Motif.

I love the idea of an Alexa, one less thing to pack on a long stay!

txhyattlvr Sep 8, 2020 8:59 am

Originally Posted by jetsetter (Post 32660183)
How does the Motif compare to i.e. Olive 8 (have stayed several times), Thompson (have never stayed).

I would say my go to is Olive 8 but for an upcoming stay the rates are about $230 a night. I found the Motif for about $115 a night.

I don't have a problem telling them what WOH benefits I want or need as that may be a situation at Motif.

I love the idea of an Alexa, one less thing to pack on a long stay!

Go w/Motif. Olive 8 is overrated and needs a renovation. Thompson is on another level (higher) and is priced accordingly. My personal favorite downtown is actually the Hyatt Regency. Very very nice rooms with amazing views and they liberally hand out suites to Globalists... The club lounge was also extremely well run...

jetsetter Sep 8, 2020 10:26 pm

Just an update, checked with Motif 09/09/2020, and they advise restaurant only open for bar/dinner service.

They advise no breakfast service, other than if a guest orders a breakfast package, they will receive a bagged breakfast brought to the room.

They advised Globalists do not receive this or any breakfast benefit, again, only if the Globalist orders the breakfast package rate they would receive the brown bag breakfast.

AndyKehn Oct 17, 2020 12:06 pm

Staying here right now for the weekend on 3rd night free prive rate. Upgraded to water view suite on 19th floor. Great view. The suite is very spacious and beautifully decorated.

No breakfast at restaurant. They provide 2 breakfast containers upon request every morning, each has yogurt, granola, bagel, apple, juice, pb & j. Keurig in the room. A bit lame but understandable with covid.

The restaurant (Frolick) is open from 4 - 11 pm and closed on Sunday & Monday. Can order take out of food/drinks to the room. Front desk gave me a couple drink voucher which was nice.

I was debating between Thompson, GH, and Motif. Kinda glad I chose this one. The suite alone is well-worth for my rate, and Thompson Seattle doesn't allow TSU. GH and Thompson don't have restaurant either which would make it hard to use the 100 property credit. Might come back here for a longer stay with WFH promo.

Soccerjoshj07 Mar 9, 2021 3:28 pm

Has anyone been there recently? Was just wondering if the breakfast changed.