Hyatt Footprint

Old Sep 15, 19, 11:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond, AA Plat
Hyatt Footprint

I write in response to the many comments and threads concerning Hyattís lack of choices.

Is Hyatt the largest? No, itís not Wyndham with 8,092 properties: https://www.worldatlas.com/articles/...the-world.html

Itís also not Marriott or Hilton (thank god).

I dated SPG, Marriott and Hyatt. I ended up with SPG. Though, after the merger, Iím back to Hyatt.

Why? Because I receive what Iím promised. Iím not entitled. Iím simply a nobody who was promised that if I stayed 100 nights in a chain I would be treated as a somebody.

This ďchainĒ may not fit all, though. If you can make it fit, then the benefits are well worth it. If you canít, then enjoy your ďpromisedĒ benefits elsewhere.

This year, Iíll clock ~80 nights with Marriott, ~105 with Hyatt and ~20 with IHG. My only regret? Not spending more time with Hyatt.

/rant
cmx likes this.
Old Sep 16, 19, 1:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Smart move. I did 8 years SPG / 800 nights and haven't been impressed w/Marriott. Enjoying my Hyatt time so far.

If you get a Unicorn Ambassador and/or drive revenue to Marriott, you *may* get extraordinary benefits outside the scope of the program, otherwise you're just another schmo.

Search this Thread