Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel Revival - Baltimore, JdV (LEAVING 03 May 2023) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hotel Revival - Baltimore, JdV (LEAVING 03 May 2023) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old May 7, 2022, 11:54 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, AA Platinum, UA Premier Executive
Recently returned from a stay here. Very nice hotel in the Mount Vernon section of Baltimore, about a 15 min walk to the Inner Harbor (although not recommended). Unfortunately didn't get to explore the area but hear there is a good food and bar scene.
Globalist breakfast at Dashery was a $20 credit (assuming per person) which was plenty to cover a breakfast sandwich, coffee, and other small items. No gratuity included for the staff and no way to tip electronically so had to use cash.
Proactively upgraded to a corner room with a view of the Washington Monument. Valet was $42/night but included in my rate and taken off at checkout.
Overall, great hotel with nicely sized rooms, excellent Globalist recognition, nice gym, and cool vibe.
Location isn't the best if you're visiting the Inner Harbor or catching a game, unless you plan on taking an Uber or Lyft. Multiple locals, including coworkers and restaurant staff, chastised me for walking from the hotel to the Inner Harbor. While there were some characters on my walk, I didn't feel unsafe during the day, but don't believe I'd be able to say the same thing at night. Lyfts ran me about $20 per ride.

Old May 7, 2022, 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by rm76
Multiple locals, including coworkers and restaurant staff, chastised me for walking from the hotel to the Inner Harbor.
You can also walk 1 minute down the street to the left of the hotel and take the light rail to the Inner Harbor. I will say though however, Harbor East & Fells Point and Canton Crossing give you a better food/drink experience than the Inner Harbor nowadays.
rm76 likes this.
Old Jul 14, 2022, 6:05 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Just had a weekend stay there. The hotel was lovely. Had a room with a view of the Washington Monument and it was spacious. Highly recommend the speakeasy bar on the first floor. They have a lot of interesting drinks (including zero proof ones). The only disappointment is the Dashery. The pastry was stale and cooked food wasn't that great either.
Old Nov 24, 2022, 10:18 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis President's Club
Just completed a weeklong stay - no status upon arrival, but became Discoverist based upon this stay (Hyatt is 3rd of my preferred hotel chains).

First time at a JdV collection property, thought the room was nice (on 10th floor, corner room - view of Cathedral St/Walters Museum). Had to get accustomed to no desk, used end table for computer. Upon checkout, was advised that rooms with desks are available. Front desk (Mark and female associates) were professional with demeanor that aligned with the hotel vibe.

At check-in, inquired about self-parking ($42 is a big pricey ) and was directed to the lot (sign pictured upthread - 600 Cathedral, across from Walters at corner of Cathedral/Centre), no lot attendant and did not notice the QR code to scan. Growing up in NYC, took a chance with on-street parking, which worked each of the 4 nights - only once (last night) did I have to circle a bit to find a spot. Otherwise, parked on Cathedral between Centre/Franklin (US40). Could see my car from the room so worked out great. On-street has a 2 hour restriction from 7AM-8PM - appointments took me north to Harford County (Aberdeen/Bel Air), so was out before 7AM and the restriction was no factor. Yes, in-town Baltimore can be sketchy, but again, coming from the big city, felt confident in my ability to avoid the urban life. Had great meals at Nick's Fish House (Port Covington), Bertha's and Thames St. Oyster House (Fells Point). Would have loved to walk around FP more but the cold/wind made that not optimal.

All in all, would stay again - maybe next time with Discoverist perks.

Last edited by nycatl; Nov 24, 2022 at 10:25 am
Old Jan 22, 2023, 10:12 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Aeroplan 25k, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Had a one-night stay here with spouse this past Friday night. Booked on points (6500 for a Friday in January). In town for a concert at Baltimore Symphony which was just 10 minutes' walk (and about 15 minutes from Penn Station where we arrived/departed by Amtrak). App notified me I had been upgraded to a junior suite several hours before I checked in. (Junior suite = more spacious single room with a seating area). Staff all friendly, though unfortunately our call down for an extra blanket was never fulfilled. Didn't use fitness room but did pass by and looked like it would have been fine for a bit of cardio and strength training. As a Globalist, valet parking would have been comped had we had a car. Breakfast at Dashery Cafe was filling and convenient but nothing memorable. Also learned that there's no pet fee! I always like visiting Hyatt properties that have a distinct vibe/in a renovated historical property and this was a fun one to check off the list -- and would absolutely stay here again next time I come to another BSO concert.
Old Feb 25, 2023, 9:55 pm

Programs: Nectar Card
Had a one night stay end of December. Booked directly into a Junior Suite on cash which we found nice. The corridors are a bit dark as this building is from another era. Like EJRofChicago, we found the Dashery Cafe nice but unmemorable, and also enjoy properties with a distinct vibe and/or in historical properties which Revival certainly is. Dashery mostly centers around breakfast sandwiches, and as a result, is very reasonably priced. Like nycatl, we parked on the street after assessing the various lot options and our own familiarity with "big city" parking.

The common areas are great. On the ground floor are a few different "zones," for example, one to wait in (plenty of armchairs and sofas), one to work in (communal tables with lights and sockets), and a conference-room type space in the back. Basement apparently has some karaoke rooms which we did not use. Rooftop has a bar that is completely enclosed; from the looks of it, half of the space can be opened up in the warmer months. Plenty of nice seating, nice cocktail options, etc.

Staff was affable. Quite a few nice cafe and restaurant options in the area.

Would stay again.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 11:16 am

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Hotel Revival is leaving Hyatt:

Effective Wednesday, May 3, 2023 at 11:59 p.m. local time, Revival will no longer be affiliated with Hyatt, and World of Hyatt members will not be eligible for program benefits when staying at this hotel. The property is expected to honor all existing reservations made for paid stays. World of Hyatt members with award stays for May 3, 2023 and beyond and guests with questions should call Hyatt’s Global Reservation Center at 1-888-848-9496 for assistance.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 11:36 am

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, Aeroplan 25k, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Gold
Unhappy

Originally Posted by bcosinteno
Hotel Revival is leaving Hyatt:
Bummer, this is (was) a neat spot to have within the World of Hyatt program. Glad I got to stay there and earn another Brand Explorer pin while I could.
Old Apr 15, 2023, 6:09 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
Sad to see this go. It was a good hotel and more interesting than the cookie cutter Hyatt Place and Regency.
Old Apr 24, 2023, 5:08 pm

Programs: AGR WOH
Dang, was about to book an event here and was concerned since it had frequently shown as sold-out on weekends. It had a great neighborhood location and distinctive offering; seems like the competition is mostly Inner Harbor convention boxes or limited-service downtown bank conversions. Checked out the Indigo around the corner this weekend, and I guess it'll do.

According to the local Business Journal, the new management company is New Waterloo, which runs several restaurants in Austin and 80-90 room boutique hotels in Austin, Nashville, and Santa Fe. They're super cool, and definitely nothing affiliated with a big chain.
ProjectSunburst likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.