Hyatt Properties in Barcelona?

Old Sep 5, 19, 11:33 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, HH Silver
Hyatt Properties in Barcelona?

I am planning a trip to Barcelona for March 2020. Hyatt website shows Hotel Sofia (Unbound Collection), Hotel Hesperia Barcelona Tower (Hyatt), and Hotel Claris (SLH). I could not find any reviews of any of these hotels. Has anyone stayed at any of these hotels? My other consideration is Cotton House Hotel (Marriott Autograph Collection) for location and benefits.
Old Sep 5, 19, 1:17 pm

Programs: PC Platinum Ambassador, Hyatt Diamond
Hotel Sofia Barcelona joining Unbound Collection

TA would suit for the SLH one and I am not sure the other is open?
Old Sep 5, 19, 5:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond; HHonors Dia; Langham Voyager; Marriot & SPG Gold; UA Gold; AA Plat
Originally Posted by CIT85 View Post
I am planning a trip to Barcelona for March 2020. Hyatt website shows Hotel Sofia (Unbound Collection), Hotel Hesperia Barcelona Tower (Hyatt), and Hotel Claris (SLH). I could not find any reviews of any of these hotels. Has anyone stayed at any of these hotels? My other consideration is Cotton House Hotel (Marriott Autograph Collection) for location and benefits.
My review from my stay there in early June:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...l#post31183299
Old Sep 6, 19, 2:05 pm

Programs: Lifetime titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
if u have Marriott points, check out the Alof near by the centric.
Old Sep 6, 19, 2:18 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Claris is a nice three or four star boutique hotel in a good location and nice (pleasant and fairly quiet, somewhat upscale) neighborhood, a couple blocks from Passeo de Garcia and some of the Gaudi buildings, plus restaurants and fancy shops. It's a long walk to the Gothic Quarter as you're only a couple blocks from Diagonal. Rooms are a bit small and the breakfast room is down in the basement, but there's a good roofdeck with a bar (with some food choices), views and IIRC a hot tub. The hotel burns incense in lobby and hallways during the early evening, which could bother some people with allergies or asthma. IIRC the place has some art but no particular theme. It's a newish building, on the corner but away from main streets, perhaps about ten stories, and not a small boutique hotel.
Old Sep 6, 19, 2:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hotelfanatic View Post
if u have Marriott points, check out the Alof near by the centric.
That would be Madrid, not Barcelona...
Old Sep 6, 19, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by yoganeck View Post
My review from my stay there in early June:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyat...l#post31183299
Thanks for the link, I had a hard time searching for this thread on FT.

Hotel Sofia sounds nice enough to try 3 nights (3rd night free rate avg. 194 euros) plus TSU. Then 3 more nights at Le Meridien with SNA (if they clear) to experience Las Ramblas. Cotton House would have been good value before MB Cat change and points went from 40K to 60K.
Old Sep 6, 19, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Claris is a nice three or four star boutique hotel in a good location and nice (pleasant and fairly quiet, somewhat upscale) neighborhood, a couple blocks from Passeo de Garcia and some of the Gaudi buildings, plus restaurants and fancy shops. It's a long walk to the Gothic Quarter as you're only a couple blocks from Diagonal. Rooms are a bit small and the breakfast room is down in the basement, but there's a good roofdeck with a bar (with some food choices), views and IIRC a hot tub. The hotel burns incense in lobby and hallways during the early evening, which could bother some people with allergies or asthma. IIRC the place has some art but no particular theme. It's a newish building, on the corner but away from main streets, perhaps about ten stories, and not a small boutique hotel.
Claris is the most expensive and highest Cat for points. I think I will pass.
Old Sep 6, 19, 7:48 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
At LM, many of the suites for SNAs seem to be large rooms (aka junior suites) on low floors with big outdoor terraces, including outdoor showers, which might not be very useful to you in March. Others have received nice genuine suites here so YMMV.

Search this Thread