Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Horrible foot print of Hyatt in UAE

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2019, 9:34 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

In Dubai I stayed JWMM-Armani-Al maha -Abu Dhabi Edition

I found one interesting fact which is among all the properties Hyatt in Dubai are horrible locations.

Alll of them are located in not so classy Deira- old town, none located in prime business center or resort- the palm.

If for business travel hilton and Marriott proving nicer locations and even nicer upscale business hotel comparing to tired and old Hyatt in Deira.

for resort purpose, countless hotel better than not so luxurious Park Hyatt Dubai which is also not convenient to any where.

I can expect the future here.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 12:45 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Agree. I have struggled with this as I have been mattress-running to Globalist with too many nights at Al Wasl, which is a decent property with abysmal service, and the Hyatt Regency Deira which, though dated, is an excellent hotel despite the horrible location. Can't beat the rates at either.

It's odd that all seven properties are all clustered around Deira and just over the creek from there. There is a new Hyatt Place coming to the Al Mina area, just a few minutes' drive through the tunnel from the Hyatt Regency. The Dubai Creek Heights location in Healthcare City is also a poor location in my opinion. The closest major chain hotel to that one, other than a Movenpick, is. . . the Grand Hyatt. The Park Hyatt is a nice setting and is pretty central but you really can't walk anywhere from there and even the places you can walk to are not desirable.

The Palm Andaz will finally provide a location farther afield. It would be nice to see a Park Hyatt in DIFC (joining Ritz-Carlton, Four Seasons, and Waldorf Astoria) or Downtown Dubai, or maybe a Hyatt Place near Mall of the Emirates (where there are new a Courtyard and HGI and a DoubleTree), or the JBR area, or Sheikh Zayed Road, where all of the other international chains are represented including a new Voco (IHG).

Haven't seen any reports of others in the pipeline.
Vince Chan likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 11:55 am

Hyatt just has a horrible footprint in general.

In terms of location, though, I think there are many factors when Hyatt decides to build another property in the area.

In Anchorage, for example, they built a new property (HP) next to their almost new property (HH). Same location practically, less than a mile from the other, also not in an area of town there is much to do.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 12:12 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by s0ssos

In terms of location, though, I think there are many factors when Hyatt decides to build another property in the area.

In Anchorage, for example, they built a new property (HP) next to their almost new property (HH). Same location practically, less than a mile from the other, also not in an area of town there is much to do.
HP's are often connected to HH's. This is a deliberate strategy.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by moondog
HP's are often connected to HH's. This is a deliberate strategy.
In California I had never seen a HH. Many old HP though.
Portland is not going to get a HP in downtown, just HC and HR.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 3:05 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I said HPs are often next to HHs, but not always.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 6:14 pm

Around 10% of Hyatt properties are owned by Hyatt. The locations for all of the rest are chosen by the actual owner.....
Old Sep 2, 2019, 7:05 pm
ABG

Programs: Virtuoso TA, Four Seasons Pref Partner, Rosewood Elite TA, Ritz Carlton STARS TA
For PH Dubai a lot has changed in the city since the location was chosen in 2003......
jerry a. laska likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2019, 7:40 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AY Plat
I like the PH’s location and being away from all the craziness is a major advantage. I suspect I’m not the only one
Old Sep 3, 2019, 4:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Horrible footprint, blah blah blah

Seriously - deal with it, or go stay w/Marriott or Hilton and deal w/their mediocrity program-wise
Old Sep 4, 2019, 10:19 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by UA-NYC
Horrible footprint, blah blah blah

Seriously - deal with it, or go stay w/Marriott or Hilton and deal w/their mediocrity program-wise
One only thing that define mediocrity to me is Hyatt and its lack of attractive property in UAE and around the world of those HH, regency, and not so luxurious PH. It just stucks in the middle, as I said, if you want luxury, so many independent choose far superior than Hyatt, you want upscale -business or general travel , not enough footprint and brand to choose for.

You would not even consider park Hyatt and grand Hyatt in dubai as luxury if you ever stay at Armani, any of a 5 star jumeirah properties, al Maha from Marriott, edition...
Old Sep 4, 2019, 12:07 pm

Programs: AAdvantage ExecPlat, World of Hyatt Globalist, plain "member" of Marriott, IHG, enterprise, etc.
Yeah, the footprint issue gets brought up a lot-- the thing is Hyatt is not the brand with a hotel for everyone for every location at every price point. And for what it's worth, if you are a high-end luxury traveler, then you really shouldn't pay any real attention to hotel-award programs. Just buy the level of service you are wanting wherever you go....

I find Hyatt's footprint more than adequate for my 'upscale business' and 'general travel' needs, to the tune of 60-100 nights a year. Really, Hyatt's footprint serves me well, so well that I think I have had all of 9 nights -not- in a Hyatt over the last three years. But I am not looking for luxury Hyatt brand in the 'hippest' neighborhood in UAE, which seems like an odd expectation for a US based mid-sized hotel chain. If for whatever reason I do go to UAE, I will probably be quite happy at the Park Hyatt in its out of the way location on a quieter beach and try to use my status to get levels of comfort and service I don't have the means to always pay for out of pocket....
Old Sep 4, 2019, 8:05 pm

Yes, everyone, except for Marriott and Hilton, has a horrible footprint.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 11:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Is it really a horrible footprint or you just don't like the location?

Dubai has several Hyatt's and so does Abu Dhabi now with the PH on Saadiyat Island and the Grand Hyatt.

Keep in mind that the Dubai Hyatt's are almost 2 decades old and the city has grown exponentially since then.
luvFclass and cvseuy like this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 11:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
SoCal has several HH. El Segundo and Anaheim come to mind.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.