Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Canceled reservations that have lounge awards attached

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2019, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA

Does anyone know if you cancel a reservation for which you have requested use of lounge awards, do the awards go back to your account and does this happen automatically?
Old Aug 24, 2019, 8:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Mine didn’t. My Concierge ended up getting them redeposited for me.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 8:31 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

I'm an Explorist and I canceled a reservation with a Club Access Award. The CAA was returned to my account, but I think it took a day.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 8:47 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
AFAIK they should be returned if you cancel the reservation before the deadline.

You might want to check what the official rules for TSUs are if you can't find such rules for the lounge access upgrade certs. I would assume that the T&C are similar.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 1:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
AFAIK they should be returned if you cancel the reservation before the deadline.

You might want to check what the official rules for TSUs are if you can't find such rules for the lounge access upgrade certs. I would assume that the T&C are similar.
T&Cs explain what should happen. (not what DOES happen) Many of us have had TSUs not automatically refunded. They aren't hard to chase down, but still...

Same should apply to lounge certs. You'll get them back, but maybe not right away.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 9:01 pm

I've always experienced mine going back immediately after cancel. In fact, in situations when I've revised an existing reservation with the club access award already applied (ie. due to lower rate subsequently being offered, or even if just updating special requests), this has also caused the club access award to go back into my account immediately then I have had to call to get the club access award re-applied.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 9:45 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all.

Now that that's sorted, how can I see the award applied to an existing reservation? I can see them taken off the total available but can't see them on the reservation.
Old Aug 26, 2019, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by theshaun
Thanks all.

Now that that's sorted, how can I see the award applied to an existing reservation? I can see them taken off the total available but can't see them on the reservation.
Once the award is applied, you'll be able to confirm this in your past activity. You will see the date you redeemed the award and the hotel you redeemed it for. If you ask Hyatt to email you a reservation confirmation after the award is applied, it will say something like "LOUNGE ACCESS CONFIRMED" in the requests section of the email confirmation (where it also says things like "KING BED, CONFIRMED NON SMOKING ROOM", etc.
Old Aug 28, 2019, 7:43 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by hawaii777
Once the award is applied, you'll be able to confirm this in your past activity. You will see the date you redeemed the award and the hotel you redeemed it for. If you ask Hyatt to email you a reservation confirmation after the award is applied, it will say something like "LOUNGE ACCESS CONFIRMED" in the requests section of the email confirmation (where it also says things like "KING BED, CONFIRMED NON SMOKING ROOM", etc.
Thanks! I see them in the past activity
hawaii777 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.