Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt still blocking award while standard rate is available,

Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:40 pm
Original Poster

I was searching award nights on Hyatt.com. The hotel is
Hyatt Place Long Island City / New York City27-03 43rd Ave.12,000Points/Night$223 Avg/Night (USD) Shows points availability. But when you hit "select" it says Unfortunately, this hotel is not accepting World of Hyatt points or award during those dates. Explore our other rates or modify your search. but the cash rate is available on standard rate " Standard rate from $239. King Bed for $239.

I reached out to the twitter team, first they seem to unaware of the Hyatt reward night policy, but then tried to confuse me saying it shouldn't be standard category room, blah blah,and don't seem to care about the Hyatt reward night policy that says if it is available on standard rate it should be available on points.

Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:56 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Sherab Sherab
I was searching award nights on Hyatt.com. The hotel is
Hyatt Place Long Island City / New York City27-03 43rd Ave.12,000Points/Night$223 Avg/Night (USD) Shows points availability. But when you hit "select" it says Unfortunately, this hotel is not accepting World of Hyatt points or award during those dates. Explore our other rates or modify your search. but the cash rate is available on standard rate " Standard rate from $239. King Bed for $239.

I reached out to the twitter team, first they seem to unaware of the Hyatt reward night policy, but then tried to confuse me saying it shouldn't be standard category room, blah blah,and don't seem to care about the Hyatt reward night policy that says if it is available on standard rate it should be available on points.
The standard room for points redemption appears to be "King Bed (plus sofa bed)" or "Two Queen Beds (plus sofa bed)". Are either of those available ?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:05 pm
Original Poster

you mean the cash rate? Points rate first says 12000 a night but after hitting the select, it shows no availability. There isn't any room available on points but they have plenty of cash rate : King Bed
Enjoy New York living in our 300-square-foot guestroom complete with a king bed, and a work desk.
More Details
$219Avg/Night (USD)
Standard Rate

from$219 USD. it is not the one that mentions PLUS SOFA BED
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:07 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Hyatt isn't blocking anything. Individual properties control their inventory.

And note that if you're using the app, the results page tells you the points cost regardless whether award rooms are available. Just because it gives a value doesn't mean there's availability.
TerryK likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Kacee
Hyatt isn't blocking anything. Individual properties control their inventory.

And note that if you're using the app, the results page tells you the points cost regardless whether award rooms are available. Just because it gives a value doesn't mean there's availability.
Do you know about the Hyatt reward night policy & terms?

World of Hyatt Standard-Room Free Night Awards are available when hotels have standard rooms available at the Standard Rate.

Hyatt is the chain has a “no blackout date” policy. As long as a standard room is available for sale.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
I have been pleasantly surprised w/Hyatt availability - closer to the legacy Starwood standard than the new denuded Marriott one
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:14 pm
skj

you mean the cash rate? Points rate first says 12000 a night but after hitting the select, it shows no availability. There isn't any room available on points but they have plenty of cash rate : King Bed
Enjoy New York living in our 300-square-foot guestroom complete with a king bed, and a work desk.
More Details
$219Avg/Night (USD)
Standard Rate
from$219 USD. it is not the one that mentions PLUS SOFA BED
I just checked a couple of random nights, and the only rooms available using points had the "(plus sofa bed)" designation. The "King Bed" room without that designation is not bookable on points.

Note that a search on the web site will show the minimum number of points required, but it includes this disclaimer "World of Hyatt point values are not guaranteed. Make a selection to view availability."
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:17 pm
skj

Hyatt is the chain has a “no blackout date” policy. As long as a standard room is available for sale. Hyatt Gold Passport Free Night Awards apply when standard rooms are available at the Hyatt Daily Rate.
This property has defined their standard room as "King Bed (plus sofa bed)" or "Two Queen Beds (plus sofa bed)".

And now I'm done, since you're a expert on the WoH T&Cs and obviously don't need any assistance.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:18 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by skj
I just checked a couple of random nights, and the only rooms available using points had the "(plus sofa bed)" designation. The "King Bed" room without that designation is not bookable on points.

Note that a search on the web site will show the minimum number of points required, but it includes this disclaimer "World of Hyatt point values are not guaranteed. Make a selection to view availability."

i serached aug 16 to aug 20. search for dates in AUG. Shows standard rate, standard room that DOESN'T MENTION the PLUS SOFA BED. but blocked on points.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:43 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum / HHonors Diamond / Hyatt Globalist / AA EX Platinum
i serached aug 16 to aug 20. search for dates in AUG. Shows standard rate, standard room that DOESN'T MENTION the PLUS SOFA BED. but blocked on points.
SKJ gave you the proper answer. I think you are confusing the term "Standard Rate" with "Standard Room". The hotel determines what their standard room is for points, they are out the day you searched.
writerguyfl and Kacee like this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jtc246
SKJ gave you the proper answer. I think you are confusing the term "Standard Rate" with "Standard Room". The hotel determines what their standard room is for points, they are out the day you searched.
I am reading at what the hyatt website shows. standard rate on standard room available but none available on points.

What dates do you see any reward nights availability?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 7:05 pm

Programs: IHG Platinum / HHonors Diamond / Hyatt Globalist / AA EX Platinum
When I look on the website, I don't see any room saying it's a standard room, they all have description(King, Queen, King with sofa, King High floor, etc). All rooms have a "Standard Rate" as opposed to a "Member Rate" or Advance Purchase Rate", etc. Each Hotel will designate their standard rooms for rewards purposes, they are usually(but not always) the cheapest rooms cash rate also. However the hotel may be out of those rooms, but still have better rooms available at a "standard rate", it doesn't mean they are a standard room however. Search 8/26-8/30 at your hotel, reward rooms are available, as well as many others for cash(including the reward room). In the image below, the cheapest room is also available with points

RunningforMiles likes this.

Last edited by jtc246; Aug 14, 2019 at 7:18 pm Reason: add picture
Old Aug 15, 2019, 1:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titainum, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Delta Diamond
I am reading at what the hyatt website shows. standard rate on standard room available but none available on points.

What dates do you see any reward nights availability?
You are very much confusing standard rate with standard room here
Old Aug 15, 2019, 3:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by shakim
You are very much confusing standard rate with standard room here
Awww... don't let the truth get in the way of an OP and a nice rant...

People like the OP belong at Hilton, where you can get any room with points, without knowing how many points you ought to be paying...
Kacee and markko like this.
Old Aug 15, 2019, 4:20 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
In fact I do

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.