Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt still blocking award while standard rate is available,

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyatt still blocking award while standard rate is available,

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2019, 2:37 pm
skj

Programs: UA 2MM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
I’m frustrated re Zilara Rose Hall. Standard room is king (“views of resort pools and gardens”). The king with resort view unavailable with points has “stunning tropical views”. Same square footage and appearance. Only actual stated difference is sofa bed but I think the standard also has a sofa bed, though it is not stated. Both allow paid booking for 3 adults. Standard also allows award booking for three adults. This sounds to me like they reclassify rooms to avoid offering award nights at prime periods. Any recourse?
Have you called them ? You would have to call to book an award stay.

When you mention "prime periods", it's very likely the "standard rooms" are sold out. Looking at some random dates between late December and late January, there are several nights with only suite availability for paid stays and other nights with no availability at all. It doesn't sound like they're playing games to me, instead it sounds like they're filling rooms.
TerryK and bhrubin like this.
Old Sep 4, 2019, 5:12 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, MLife Gold, Marriott Gold, HHonors Gold, Caesars Diamond, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by skj
Have you called them ? You would have to call to book an award stay.

When you mention "prime periods", it's very likely the "standard rooms" are sold out. Looking at some random dates between late December and late January, there are several nights with only suite availability for paid stays and other nights with no availability at all. It doesn't sound like they're playing games to me, instead it sounds like they're filling rooms.
Is there a particular reason I'd need to call to book an award stay? I mean, aside from the fact that the standard room doesn't seem available?

My question was really about how they identify different classes of rooms. If a room is the same size, has the same furniture and the same view, why would one be "standard" and one "with view"? I did some random searches and do see both rooms pop up occasionally, but in what way are they substantively different? What justifies the separate classification other than semantics?
Old Sep 4, 2019, 8:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Stgermainparis
Is there a particular reason I'd need to call to book an award stay? I mean, aside from the fact that the standard room doesn't seem available?

My question was really about how they identify different classes of rooms. If a room is the same size, has the same furniture and the same view, why would one be "standard" and one "with view"? I did some random searches and do see both rooms pop up occasionally, but in what way are they substantively different? What justifies the separate classification other than semantics?
Historically, Ziva/Zilara have required calling in to book.

In a way it is semantics. The hotel gets to designate what their base/standard room category is. Frequently hotels put rooms on a higher floor as "view" - regardless of whether you care or not, it's a different room type that is not made available with points.
Stgermainparis likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2021, 6:51 am

Programs: Amex-gold, Hainan-gold, Mrt-LT Titanium
NY cheater Hyatt

Originally Posted by Sherab Sherab
I was searching award nights on Hyatt.com. The hotel is
Hyatt Place Long Island City / New York City27-03 43rd Ave.12,000Points/Night$223 Avg/Night (USD) Shows points availability. But when you hit "select" it says Unfortunately, this hotel is not accepting World of Hyatt points or award during those dates. Explore our other rates or modify your search. but the cash rate is available on standard rate " Standard rate from $239. King Bed for $239.

I reached out to the twitter team, first they seem to unaware of the Hyatt reward night policy, but then tried to confuse me saying it shouldn't be standard category room, blah blah,and don't seem to care about the Hyatt reward night policy that says if it is available on standard rate it should be available on points.

This Hyatt Place is still doing this in August of 2021. Good location & staff, BUT front desk manager lies & just gives you a fake folio after showing him the screenshot from Hyatt on the redemeed free night award..
Its like being punished for ones loyality awards.

This
Old Aug 10, 2021, 8:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jiatong

Originally Posted by Sherab Sherab [img]images/buttons/viewpost.gif[/img]
I was searching award nights on Hyatt.com. The hotel is
Hyatt Place Long Island City / New York City27-03 43rd Ave.12,000Points/Night$223 Avg/Night (USD) Shows points availability. But when you hit "select" it says Unfortunately, this hotel is not accepting World of Hyatt points or award during those dates. Explore our other rates or modify your search. but the cash rate is available on standard rate " Standard rate from $239. King Bed for $239.

I reached out to the twitter team, first they seem to unaware of the Hyatt reward night policy, but then tried to confuse me saying it shouldn't be standard category room, blah blah,and don't seem to care about the Hyatt reward night policy that says if it is available on standard rate it should be available on points.

This Hyatt Place is still doing this in August of 2021. Good location & staff, BUT front desk manager lies & just gives you a fake folio after showing him the screenshot from Hyatt on the redemeed free night award..
Its like being punished for ones loyality awards.

This
I just looked at this property for a random date and it's showing award availability.
59Impala likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.