Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

(Likely targeted) double points promo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist

Per Travelingformiles.com, Hyatt seems to be running a double base points promo for stays between 8/15/19 and 10/31/19. While it seems to be targeted to certain members who have been emailed, there have been some reports of folks not getting emails yet still being able to register. Unfortunately I did not get an email and have not been able to register.

https://travelingformiles.com/new-hy...gh-31-october/
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I couldn't register. Message said I couldn't do so at this time.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 3:41 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Mary2e
I couldn't register. Message said I couldn't do so at this time.
Ditto
Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
My error message was that they can't process my request.

Too bad, I have some stays I might switch over to Hyatt if I get this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 4:32 pm

Denied. I’m thinking this is very targeted.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 7:55 pm

Got an ‘unable to process’ so must be targeted. I’m already qualified for Glob. No idea who’s target.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:45 pm
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt LT Globalist; LX SEN (*A Gold), AA LTG, SBB-CFF-FFS First Class GA
didn't work for me either. I'm hardly ever targeted for promotions.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I'm thrilled to not be targeted for this. Hyatt typically has a much more lucrative chain-wide promo for the autumn.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 5:26 am

Location: Bangkok, Thailand. No longer Palm Coast, FL though still exiled, again, from the Bay Area.
Programs: Only the good ones
Originally Posted by craigthemif
I'm thrilled to not be targeted for this. Hyatt typically has a much more lucrative chain-wide promo for the autumn.
Good point, as the T&C's seem to say that it isn't stackable with other promos:
You must be a recipient of an email invitation from Hyatt and register for the offer by September 30, 2019 to participate.

All eligible spend under this offer must occur from August 15, 2019 through October 31, 2019 (“Offer Period”). You will receive double points for each whole U.S. dollar or U.S. dollar equivalent spent on eligible rates, eligible incidental charges, eligible non-stay charges, and on eligible Exhale charges. Eligible spend associated with stays must have a checkout date during the offer period to count toward this offer. Only Base Points are doubled (you cannot earn points under this offer if you choose to earn Travel Partner miles), and all points awarded under this offer are Bonus Points. World of Hyatt will automatically track eligible spend when you provide your World of Hyatt membership number on the registration page. Please allow two to three weeks after your qualifying transaction for Bonus Points to be posted to your World of Hyatt account.

Offer may not valid with other offers, promotions or discounts and is non-transferable. Hyatt reserves the right to alter or withdraw this promotion with a suitable substitute promotion of equal value (if legally required) at any time due to actual circumstances. This promotion is subject to the terms and conditions of the World of Hyatt program available at worldofhyatt.com/terms. The trademarks Hyatt®, Hyatt Hotels & ResortsTM, World of Hyatt®, Park Hyatt®, Miraval®, Grand Hyatt®, Hyatt Regency®, Andaz®, Hyatt Centric®, Thompson hotels, AlilaTM, The Unbound Collection by Hyatt® Hyatt Place®, Hyatt House®, Hyatt Ziva™, Hyatt Zilara™, Hyatt Residence Club™, and related marks are trademarks of Hyatt Corporation or its affiliates. © 2019 Hyatt Corporation. All rights reserved.

We sent you this email because we have your email address designated as eligible to receive promotions and special offers. We value your privacy and will only use your information in accordance with our Global Privacy Policy available at privacy.hyatt.com
Old Aug 8, 2019, 11:28 am

Programs: AA Plat/2MM, DL Silver, UA Silver (via Marr), Marr LTT, HH Gold (via cc), Hyatt Disc
I did receive this. I am pretty new to Hyatt having enrolled in WoH last summer (after having been kicked out of the original Gold Passport program years ago for non-activity) and got the CC this March. Only 1 stay so far this year, so maybe they are targeting low activity members. Fortunately, I do have a stay planned during the promotion period; unfortunately, it's a point award stay so only incidental spend will be doubled.

Last edited by bosman; Aug 8, 2019 at 11:29 am Reason: fixed typo

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.