Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

The Cape - a Thompson Hotel (Cabo San Lucas) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD

Old Aug 5, 19, 6:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist

Decided to start a threat for The Cape since there was no master thread. Just finishing up a stay here. And overall, it's been quite enjoyable. We booked a Prive stay with the 4th night free and used a suite upgrade (it upgrades to a Thompson Suite).

The room was plenty big, over 1,000 square feet with a great balcony overlooking the Pacific Ocean.

Prive/Globalist breakfast each day is served in The Ledge restaurant (order off a menu). Our breakfast bill has been close to $100 daily and the entire bill has been waived.

We've also dined at all of the restaurants at the resort including Manta and they have all been fantastic, although food & drink is a little spendy.

But overall great service, a great resort. Would definitely recommend for any couples, probably not an ideal trip for a family with kiddos though.

Pictures of the suite/resort.

Old Aug 5, 19, 7:19 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Where is this property located?
Old Aug 5, 19, 7:51 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist View Post
Where is this property located?
Looks like it's in Cabo.
https://www.thompsonhotels.com/hotel...lucas/the-cape

Their homepage has some gorgeous videography. I've been to a number of high end Hyatt hotels and their promo video makes me want to plan a trip there.
Old Aug 27, 19, 2:27 am

Programs: LH Sen, HH Diamond, IC RA
Checking rates august next year, starting at 1000$++.
Is it a bug on the website or are they planning a conversion to all incl.?
Old Aug 27, 19, 7:47 pm

Great post!

Any chance a Prive booking could be combined with an award booking?
Old Sep 13, 19, 5:10 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXPPLT, United 1K, *wood PLT, Delta Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Southwest A-list
Any recent stays? Planning to go in December, but a little worried about noise at night. I am a light sleeper and have read reviews where people say there are many bachelor/bachelorette parties here. Does anyone have any positive or negative experiences to share? Thanks.
Old Sep 19, 19, 12:02 pm

Programs: FORMER Hyatt Diamond Loyalist, now Globallist
Originally Posted by SeeTheLights View Post
Any recent stays? Planning to go in December, but a little worried about noise at night. I am a light sleeper and have read reviews where people say there are many bachelor/bachelorette parties here. Does anyone have any positive or negative experiences to share? Thanks.

Just got back and LOVED The Cape! Very much an adult experience. We stay in a Thompson Suite and had the slider open all night for the waves. It was GREAT! The Rooftop Bar is probably for a younger crowd than myself but was absolutely hopping from about 9pm on. It was September 15th, Independence Day, and it was a great crowd. Went back on the 17th at about 10pm, much quieter. We were there 3 nights ZERO complaints about noise or kids. STAFF was AMAZING, very much on point. I would probably go back, spend the 25k points a night because everything is expensive. Think POOL in Vegas type cost. Did the Ledge, Manta and pool bar, all attentive and good food.

We go to the Hyatt Ziva often, the noise there is nonstop. I would give this a 10 out of 10 for quiet at night. Its definitely a place for groups of Ladies or Men would go from the LA scene. We met some great people from LA area. Pool was not loud either. Its a really small hotel.

The Trip Advisors reviews seemed too good, but they are correct.
For reference, I'm 45.

Loved it!

Last edited by creativeguess1; Sep 19, 19 at 12:38 pm
Old Sep 27, 19, 4:54 pm

Just booked 3 night award stay at 25k/night for next April. I only found King Bed with Ocean View and ADA Shower. Anyone stayed in this room before? I'll likely call the hotel prior to check-in and inform them that I do not need an ada compliant room.

Search this Thread