Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

World Of Hyatt Card For Business Purposes?

World Of Hyatt Card For Business Purposes?

Old Jul 29, 19, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: The World of Hyatt
Exclamation World Of Hyatt Card For Business Purposes?

Hi,

I tried searching online, however, I wanted to use the World of Hyatt Card for business purposes? Normally I only use business credit cards for my business, and like to separate everything properly. I do not see World of Hyatt Credit card for business? I am wondering if I signup up for the card with my personal info and only use it for business expenses, wondering if there would be any issues? Has anyone used the world of hyatt card for business? What am I missing?
Old Jul 29, 19, 7:26 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.021MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CWC Au-197; CCC Elite; WoH Dis
Welcome to FT, marty01!

There are no restrictions on credit cards in the U.S. You can use any card you want for personal or business charges. The only significant differences between personal and business cards relate to the application process, additional users, and billing options.
Old Jul 29, 19, 7:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: The World of Hyatt
Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
Welcome to FT, marty01!

There are no restrictions on credit cards in the U.S. You can use any card you want for personal or business charges. The only significant differences between personal and business cards relate to the application process, additional users, and billing options.

Thank you so much for the feedback, glad to hear I can sign up. Do you mind explaining this "The only significant differences between personal and business cards relate to the application process, additional users, and billing options". Happy to read further if you have a link. Basically I will sign up for the hyatt card and only use it for my business travel.

Out of curiosity, other hotels have a business credit card, is that simply for marketing?
Old Jul 30, 19, 2:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, TK E+, IB+, VS FC, Hyatt Globalist, MR Plat Prem, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
"Business cards" are for businesses who choose to give credit cards to their employees.

You can use cash, personal credit card, Paypal, whatever the heck you want... for business travel that is subsequently reimbursed by a client or employer.
Old Jul 30, 19, 8:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by marty01 View Post
Hi,

I tried searching online, however, I wanted to use the World of Hyatt Card for business purposes? Normally I only use business credit cards for my business, and like to separate everything properly. I do not see World of Hyatt Credit card for business? I am wondering if I signup up for the card with my personal info and only use it for business expenses, wondering if there would be any issues? Has anyone used the world of hyatt card for business? What am I missing?
I seem to recall a blog post or similar mentioning that Hyatt is considering the possibility of a Hyatt Business card. Maybe just a rumor or way off in the future, though.

Originally Posted by mahasamatman View Post
Welcome to FT, marty01!

I keep seeing statements like this, so I wonder why Chase has the following term for its business cards:

"By becoming a Visa Business Card cardmember, you agree that the card is being used only for business purposes..."

https://creditcards.chase.com/small-...s-credit-cards

Perhaps in practice they do not care, or have not cared in the past, but that's pretty clear. Maybe they have that term as a potential "gotcha" if they want to shut you down otherwise.

Search this Thread