Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

3rd person free with Hyatt.com but $40 with Mlife?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:20 pm
cwc
Original Poster

Hi all, my family (2 adults + 8yr) are planning to do a vegas trip before school start in August. While booking through the Mlife website MB was quoting me "Additional Occupant Charge. There is an additional charge of $40 plus tax per occupant, per night, above 2 occupants per room", while booking through Hyatt.com, it didn't show any additional charges for my child. I wonder if I wonder if I would get hit with the $40 per night when I check-in at the hotel. Thanks!
Old Jul 29, 2019, 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by cwc
Hi all, my family (2 adults + 8yr) are planning to do a vegas trip before school start in August. While booking through the Mlife website MB was quoting me "Additional Occupant Charge. There is an additional charge of $40 plus tax per occupant, per night, above 2 occupants per room", while booking through Hyatt.com, it didn't show any additional charges for my child. I wonder if I wonder if I would get hit with the $40 per night when I check-in at the hotel. Thanks!
Do you really think they are paying attention to your 8 year old? I don't think it matters. Just book for 2 adults on either platform.
bbbb likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2019, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
One adult checks in, the other adult is elsewhere with the child. Nobody will pay the least bit of attention if both queen beds are used...
Old Jul 29, 2019, 3:24 pm
cwc
Original Poster

Thanks all.

I booked the stay through Hyatt.com because I used point for the 1st nits (the room rate was >$400!!) and the other 2 nts are more reasonable ($180). I just wonder if MB will do the "oh, Hyatt doesn't know our rule, so we will charge you". Also, will I get charge for the resort fee for the award nts?
Old Jul 29, 2019, 3:38 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by cwc
Thanks all.

I booked the stay through Hyatt.com because I used point for the 1st nits (the room rate was >$400!!) and the other 2 nts are more reasonable ($180). I just wonder if MB will do the "oh, Hyatt doesn't know our rule, so we will charge you". Also, will I get charge for the resort fee for the award nts?
Hotel really won't care about the extra person. If you're really worried don't do the re-check-in with the child.

As for resort fee: Yup, you're going to get charged exorbitantly. Unfortunately, MLife is not a Hyatt owned subsidiary or fully participating in World of Hyatt so they are under no obligation to waive the resort fee. Even if you have globalist status and matched to MLife Platinum (or whatever they're giving out these days) MLife doesn't automatically refund the resort fees. Expect to pay all of it unless you have issues and ask for the fees to be waived as a service recovery.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.