Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hyatt qualifying nights while booking via 3rd party?

Old Jul 26, 19, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL Kettel, WN Companion Pass

Hey all, I'm trying to hit globalist this year, so qualifying nights are obviously critical. I have an upcoming trip where I can pay slightly more than Hyatt's direct rate by booking through Southwest's website, which would get me 18k points on the Southwest side towards maintaining companion pass. I was curious if such a scenario would still count as qualifying nights on the Hyatt side if I add my number at check-in? I don't care at all about missing out on Hyatt points earn, or even receiving any of the meaningless Explorist benefits, but I can't not get the qualifying nights as this is a six night stay that I need towards globalist. I have found 2017-era discussions that such a scenario does not yield Hyatt points or benefits, but can't find documentation on the qualifying nights aspect.

Thanks!
Old Jul 26, 19, 4:42 pm

Originally Posted by pdisme View Post
Hey all, I'm trying to hit globalist this year, so qualifying nights are obviously critical. I have an upcoming trip where I can pay slightly more than Hyatt's direct rate by booking through Southwest's website, which would get me 18k points on the Southwest side towards maintaining companion pass. I was curious if such a scenario would still count as qualifying nights on the Hyatt side if I add my number at check-in? I don't care at all about missing out on Hyatt points earn, or even receiving any of the meaningless Explorist benefits, but I can't not get the qualifying nights as this is a six night stay that I need towards globalist. I have found 2017-era discussions that such a scenario does not yield Hyatt points or benefits, but can't find documentation on the qualifying nights aspect.

Thanks!
Read the WOH Terms and Conditions.

NOT qualifying nights.
Old Jul 27, 19, 8:38 pm

Programs: AA LT GLD 1MM, BA Gold, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, SPG Plat LT, HH Dia, MGM NOIR, Hertz PC
No you wouldn't earn any Hyatt credit. There are exceptions for Virtuoso bookings and some "pay at hotel" rates.
Old Jul 28, 19, 9:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX View Post
No you wouldn't earn any Hyatt credit. There are exceptions for Virtuoso bookings and some "pay at hotel" rates.
The same is true for Hyatt Prive and FHR (not prepaid). I'm not sure how the newish AmEx Collection (or whatever it's called) program is treated, but I think those reservations are prepaid.
Old Jul 29, 19, 8:02 am

Programs: IC RA / Marriott PP+Amb / WOH Globalist / SA Gold
If you pay to the hotel directly at check out or be charged by the hotel(not 3rd party) in advance, you will get your points and night credit. If not, the answer is no.
Old Jul 29, 19, 12:33 pm

Originally Posted by scienm View Post
If you pay to the hotel directly at check out or be charged by the hotel(not 3rd party) in advance, you will get your points and night credit. If not, the answer is no.
I don't think that's always true. Expedia has some rates like that. Hotels.com does as well. Those are specifically excluded by the T&Cs.

I think the real determining factor is whether Hyatt pays a commission to the third party, or not. What's actually happening is that a portion of the money Hyatt pays to Expedia is paid to YOU in the form of Hyatt points and benefits when you cut Expedia (and their friends) out of the deal. Even when you pay directly at the hotel with an Expedia reservation, you can bet Hyatt is still having to fork it over to Expedia....

There is ONE honest to goodness third party booker where Hyatt benefits are conferred (that I know of) and that's Costco (www.costcotravel.com). Prive is also an example, I guess, because the agents that book Prive are getting a commission.
Old Aug 1, 19, 7:13 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by lighthouse206 View Post
There is ONE honest to goodness third party booker where Hyatt benefits are conferred (that I know of) and that's Costco (www.costcotravel.com). Prive is also an example, I guess, because the agents that book Prive are getting a commission.
Make that two: AAA.com also provides up to 10% off Hyatt's best rates and reservations receive WOH points and status.
Old Aug 2, 19, 7:02 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by lighthouse206 View Post
Also while we're at it, Citi Prestige 4th night free also counts toward status (at least for the next few months until the phone agents are supposedly going away) .
Old Aug 2, 19, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by jameswes View Post
Also while we're at it, Citi Prestige 4th night free also counts toward status (at least for the next few months until the phone agents are supposedly going away) .
This benefit goes away by end of this month.

Search this Thread