Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Alila Villas Uluwatu - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alila Villas Uluwatu - REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2019, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Astrophsx
You can have three adults on an award stay.

I won't go in depth, but we did face a lot of issues with this during our stay. The front desk manager was difficult to deal with and we were definitely treated differently by this individual because we booked on points. Once Hyatt saw that the front desk manager didn't want to work with them they were able to get a hold of the GM (who was off property at the time) and the issue was quickly resolved. The GM did a great job with service recovery and I get the impression that those in the future staying on award nights will be treated the same as those who book on cash.
Thanks for that helpful info Astrophsx! Yes, we also booked using pts. Certainly hope you're right on your impression that everyone booked w/pts will be treated same as cash! Thanks!
Old Jan 20, 2020, 6:53 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus, World of Hyatt
To those who have stayed here... how much did you tip the butler per day? Especially in the 2/3 bedroom suite.
Old Jan 20, 2020, 7:02 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DaveLP
To those who have stayed here... how much did you tip the butler per day? Especially in the 2/3 bedroom suite.
I think it is a personal preference and the level of service may vary from butler to butler. We tipped $25 a day.
Old May 12, 2020, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AAConciergeKey/1MM, DL DM/2 MM, UA Gold,Hilton Diamond, IHG Plat, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium
Can anyone comment on the most amazing Alila property in Bali? There are so many to choose from...looking to make a dream-trip redemption for after this pandemic? any recommendations would be welcomed!
Old May 13, 2020, 4:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by SkyTeam777
Can anyone comment on the most amazing Alila property in Bali? There are so many to choose from...looking to make a dream-trip redemption for after this pandemic? any recommendations would be welcomed!
Amazing by what standard? Scenery? Architecture
Old May 28, 2020, 7:03 am

Programs: Virtuoso TA, UA 1MM, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LT Platinum
How does the butler service here compare to StR? Is it just someone to save you the hassle of calling for water/coffee? What does the butler here do exactly?
Old Mar 13, 2022, 6:09 pm
Suspended
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta Gold Medallion, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Indonesia is to drop the quarantine requirement tomorrow. Any recent/upcoming stays here?
Old May 30, 2022, 1:50 pm

Programs: WOH Globalist
I think it is a personal preference and the level of service may vary from butler to butler. We tipped $25 a day.
Did you book into the suite or were you upgraded as a Globalist?

I have an upcoming stay next month, we have 2 bookings for the 1 bedroom villa. Wondering if they will just upgrade us to a 2 bedroom or 3 bedroom suite as a Globalist. I may even be willing to pay an additional fee(seems like its worth it). Any thoughts?
Old May 31, 2022, 5:20 am

you won´t get an upgrade at this Alila. Just for cash.
Old May 31, 2022, 6:29 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Well, I'd agree that an upgrade is unlikely just out of the goodness of their heart. For operational or possibly revenue maximizing reasons, they may consider putting a party that has 2 villas booked into a 2 bedroom villa, especially if it means they can fill an otherwise unsold 2 bedroom villa and gain "more easily sellable 1-bedroom" ones where they may even have a waitlist or so.

Can happen, but they would need to know that both villas are booked by people that don't mind sharing a 2 bedroom villa (not a given, even with families or close friends traveling and where both reservations were made by the same person) so if you would be interested in that I would recommend to reach out to the property and suggest and see what they say.

​​​​​​YMMV
Old May 31, 2022, 6:34 am

Originally Posted by demue
Well, I'd agree that an upgrade is unlikely just out of the goodness of their heart. For operational or possibly revenue maximizing reasons, they may consider putting a party that has 2 villas booked into a 2 bedroom villa, especially of it means they can fill an otherwise unsold 2 bedroom villa and gain "more easily sellable 1-bedroom" ones where they may even have a waitlist or so.

Can happen, but they would need to know that both villas are booked by people that don't mind sharing a 2 bedroom villa (not a given, even with families of close friends traveling), so if you would be interested in that I would recommend to reach out to the property and suggest and see what they say.

​​​​​​YMMV
There are only 2 two bedroom villas in the whole resort and usually they are booked before the one bedrooms are sold out. I think it's much preferable over two one bedroom villas. There is one entrance to the villa "complex" with a separate entrance for each bedroom. Each bedroom has its own bathroom and closet. The only area you would have to share would be the living area, kitchen and pool. The location on the cliff and the infinity pool is stunning.
Old Jun 1, 2022, 9:37 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Fair enough, I'm aware they only have two of the 2-bedroom villas and I was just stating that while in theory such arrangement may be possible (maybe with an additional co-pays), it would require coordination with the property.

Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the property. It is super hot and dry up there and the whole place swarms of Instagram addicts competing for the best pose at the pool or so. You are also very locked into the property and area as getting cars (bluebird, Grab etc ) can be challenging. Each to their own.
Old Jul 9, 2022, 5:31 am

Programs: WOH Globalist
Recent Stay: One Bedroom Villa

Just returned from a 5 night stay here. I had two one bedroom villas booked for my family. I inquired about costs to upgrade and was offered the nightly rate listed on Hyatt.com. Didn’t make sense to “lose” what I paid for the one bed room villas to have the larger combined villa.

Property has quite a bit of wear and tear. This definitely doesn’t fall into a luxury property for me. Rust and issues with all bathroom fixtures. No bath robes? Asked guest services for it and they said they were looking for some and it never came. Seemed like they were out of towels as well, the last few nights we received pool towels as bath towels. That may explain why the main pool ran out of towels.

Location is very isolated but that is the price you pay for the views. Stuck on the resort with two restaurant options is tough for an extended stay. Not sure if it was due to the recent opening or not but a few things i tried to order were sold out.

Mosquitos are present even during dry season. We sprayed OFF with 20% Deet and my kids still got some
bites.

Monkeys are not afraid of people and are aggressive. One day enjoying the in villa pool and having lunch outdoor a monkey came and ran us off. I tried to stand in its way but the growling hiss traumatized my 5 year old so we ran off. After he finished the food outside he came after us again! We had the sliding door open and was recording the monkeys raid. He ran into the room and at that point we all ran out the front door. I think it was a great experience(for the memories) but my young kids don’t agree. There’s a resident pest control person that walks around with a sling shot and the monkeys fear him(on sight). I’d bring a slingshot if I returned.

Like some earlier posts, we used Made for transfers and private tours. Highly recommended for anyone going to Bali. Contact via email or WhatsApp.

https://maderealbalitours.blogspot.com/p/about.html?m=1

TLDR: I wouldn’t return and regret detouring to Bali to visit this hyped Hyatt property for the price/points.
808traveler likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 12:08 am

Wow, the monkeys seem to have gotten bolder and friskier. Sorry to hear your experience. As I shared in earlier post, even when the hardware was in good shape, this property never did it for us and we never stayed (only visited friends staying or had lunch or so when meeting up).

I would say Bali is worth the stop, but if it has to be this Alila is a very personal decision. It was overpriced and underwhelming before for us, but the Covid period didn't seem to have it done a favor with things a bit in shambles it appears. Definitely an overhyped place IMHO, but as you said, some people love it.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 1:14 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by faboi0us
Just returned from a 5 night stay here. I had two one bedroom villas booked for my family. I inquired about costs to upgrade and was offered the nightly rate listed on Hyatt.com. Didn’t make sense to “lose” what I paid for the one bed room villas to have the larger combined villa.

Property has quite a bit of wear and tear. This definitely doesn’t fall into a luxury property for me. Rust and issues with all bathroom fixtures. No bath robes? Asked guest services for it and they said they were looking for some and it never came. Seemed like they were out of towels as well, the last few nights we received pool towels as bath towels. That may explain why the main pool ran out of towels.

Location is very isolated but that is the price you pay for the views. Stuck on the resort with two restaurant options is tough for an extended stay. Not sure if it was due to the recent opening or not but a few things i tried to order were sold out.

Mosquitos are present even during dry season. We sprayed OFF with 20% Deet and my kids still got some
bites.

Monkeys are not afraid of people and are aggressive. One day enjoying the in villa pool and having lunch outdoor a monkey came and ran us off. I tried to stand in its way but the growling hiss traumatized my 5 year old so we ran off. After he finished the food outside he came after us again! We had the sliding door open and was recording the monkeys raid. He ran into the room and at that point we all ran out the front door. I think it was a great experience(for the memories) but my young kids don’t agree. There’s a resident pest control person that walks around with a sling shot and the monkeys fear him(on sight). I’d bring a slingshot if I returned.

Like some earlier posts, we used Made for transfers and private tours. Highly recommended for anyone going to Bali. Contact via email or WhatsApp.

https://maderealbalitours.blogspot.com/p/about.html?m=1

TLDR: I wouldn’t return and regret detouring to Bali to visit this hyped Hyatt property for the price/points.

I had a stay here for 2 nights in July 2021. Depending on perspective, I went during a good time as I felt I had the whole property to myself. I traveled solo, so I have a different perspective. I don't think this is the resort for kids. This is a total adult-oriented place. Made for relaxing and peace. I had a great time here and I thought the service was superb. Everyone was very attentive.

I had the one bedroom villa and I was complimentary upgraded to the 2 bedroom villa. I know that I was totally the exception due to circumstances with COVID. Occupancy was seriously low. Even though I had more than enough space, I will say that the two bedroom villa views and pool beats the one bedroom hands down - I asked to see a one bedroom villa before I departed. I didn't see any wear and tear in the 2 bedroom. Everything was well maintained. That 2 bedroom infinity pool is everything, plus the ocean views from the master bedroom is WOW!!

I was in Bali for 2 weeks already with stays at the Rimba Jimbaran, Ayana Bali, and Conrad Bali. I also did a whole lotta traveling before heading to Bali with a stay in Labuan Bajo and Jakarta, so I had no desire to leave the Alilia Villas Uluwatu in the first place. I wanted to stay put. I always had towels and if I needed anything, my butler/concierge was quick to get it to me. He was very responsive with What's App as well. I wish that I stayed longer with 3-4 nights vs the 2. I think anything longer than 4 days and you will be bored/antsy. But the Alilia Villas Uluwatu was a great stay and just what I needed after an extensive trip and long flight back to NYC

I do agree with the monkeys being very aggressive. But this is because they are hungry. COVID has made things worse as less people means less food sources. My butler/concierge gave me the heads up about making sure that all doors are closed (and locked) because the monkeys will have no problems coming into the accommodations when food is around. I also made the mistake of just snacking outside. I was only eating a granola bar when I was approached by a feisty monkey in my pool area. My advice is to not eat any food outside at all. This goes for your outside pool area and even the main hotel areas. I tried to eat breakfast outside in one of the oceanside cabanas and 2 monkeys had other ideas. They have tunnel vision, they just want your food...If you don't have food around you, they will leave you alone

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.