Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Issue booking SLH with Hyatt points

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2019, 9:26 pm
Original Poster

Issue booking SLH with Hyatt points

Hi All - running into an issue trying to book Small Luxury Hotels with Hyatt points. There are several in the UK and Ireland that I'm considering but I am running into two problems:

1. For the UK hotels, cash prices are available for the base rooms but points bookings don't show up even though Hyatt's website says "no blackout dates" on the award bookings. I understand I can't necessarily use points on a higher-category room, but I always thought if a base room was available it should be bookable on points?

2. In Ireland, none of the SLH hotels even show up on the hyatt.com search (for the UK hotels, the hotels at least show up on the search even though reward nights are not available).

Should I just call? Thanks in advance.
Old Jul 22, 2019, 11:07 pm

I can't address your first question, but for the second question be aware that not all SLH properties participate in the Hyatt partnership. In looking at the world map of currently participating SLH properties on the Hyatt website there are none in Ireland.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 6:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrfussion
I can't address your first question, but for the second question be aware that not all SLH properties participate in the Hyatt partnership. In looking at the world map of currently participating SLH properties on the Hyatt website there are none in Ireland.
Thanks. What map are you looking at ?
Old Jul 23, 2019, 11:08 am

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
Originally Posted by crimson12
Thanks. What map are you looking at ?
https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/explore-hotels/map
Old Jul 23, 2019, 11:39 am

Go to https://www.hyatt.com/brands/small-l...s-of-the-world and click "view locations" button near the top right (next to check rates). This will display only SLH locations that have entered the Hyatt partnership. The map easy_money provided I think is all Hyatt locations.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 11:53 am

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
Originally Posted by mrfussion
Go to https://www.hyatt.com/brands/small-l...s-of-the-world and click "view locations" button near the top right (next to check rates). This will display only SLH locations that have entered the Hyatt partnership. The map easy_money provided I think is all Hyatt locations.
Yes, it's for all Hyatt locations but also includes participating SLH. The SLH map you provided is more precise though. But figured in case the OP needed alternatives if he can't find any SLH in surrounding area, he can have more options.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by crimson12

1. For the UK hotels, cash prices are available for the base rooms but points bookings don't show up even though Hyatt's website says "no blackout dates" on the award bookings. I understand I can't necessarily use points on a higher-category room, but I always thought if a base room was available it should be bookable on points?
Try booking for one person instead of two.

Otherwise it would seem to me that you aren't actually seeing the base room with cash.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 12:43 pm

I am running into the same issue (#1) trying to book ANY of the SLH hotels in Rome. Trying to book them with points through the Hyatt website, and they all list a euro price and a points price for the date range, but when I select any of the hotels I am notified that the points option is unavailable.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 3:05 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by live4h2o
I am running into the same issue (#1) trying to book ANY of the SLH hotels in Rome. Trying to book them with points through the Hyatt website, and they all list a euro price and a points price for the date range, but when I select any of the hotels I am notified that the points option is unavailable.
On the Hyatt website the points price always displays if there's paid availability even when there's no points availability. It's not an issue specific to SLH.

For example, we all know that Andaz Maui is never going to have points availability for a single night Christmas Eve. So search for Maui, 12/24-12/25 and check the "use points" box.
You'll see that Hyatt says the rate is 30K points or $974. But clearly points availability is never going to be there (and in fact, it's not there for that single day)
Old Aug 4, 2019, 7:32 am

Originally Posted by jameswes
On the Hyatt website the points price always displays if there's paid availability even when there's no points availability. It's not an issue specific to SLH.

For example, we all know that Andaz Maui is never going to have points availability for a single night Christmas Eve. So search for Maui, 12/24-12/25 and check the "use points" box.
You'll see that Hyatt says the rate is 30K points or $974. But clearly points availability is never going to be there (and in fact, it's not there for that single day)
thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.