Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Vail REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Jul 8, 2019, 6:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist

Hotel Talisa in Vail (currently part of Marriott's Luxury Collection) is doing a conversion and on July 25th will be joining Hyatt as the Grand Hyatt Vail.

https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/co...att-vail/egegh
TerryK and 59Impala like this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 9:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Interesting. Rates are pretty reasonable - $200 or so through summer. Doesn't list category level (at all) or any rooms after ~August
Old Jul 8, 2019, 10:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Glad to see a Vail option for Hyatt. ^
rkoechel likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2019, 11:33 pm

Programs: WN CP & A-List, National ES
Any chance there is a lounge? I feel like most Grand Hyatts have lounges but some (DFW) do not.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

My guess would be that they'd allow Globalists to have a small nighttime drinks and canapes hour at Fireside Lounge.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 6:24 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Also FYI for whoever wants to reference it, here's the prior page from the Marriott forum for this hotel:
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marr...er-thread.html
Old Jul 9, 2019, 7:40 am
Used to be 'thiti'

Programs: UA-PP 1MM, Hyatt-Globalist, Bonvoy-LT Titanium, Hertz-Pres Cir
Refreshing news! In my opinion, Hotel Talisa has gone downhill (elite treatment) since the merger with Marriott.
Old Jul 9, 2019, 9:14 am

Programs: AA EXP
Not the best location, but better than nothing I suppose. Not much happening in Cascade Village, though there is a lift at least.
Old Jul 10, 2019, 2:49 pm

Programs: MR PP, UA Silver, SW A-List, HH Diamond
Interesting option. Seems like this should be at most category 7 (30k point) option. That's way better than 60k through marriott. I know Hyatt points are harder to earn from stays than marriott points, but just considering that from the perspective of transferring CSR Ultimate Rewards, that's double the value (but that mostly sums up how bad some values are with marriott points now).

Looks like rates are $600-800/nt during a lot of the ski season.

Destination Hotels has 5 more Vail properties in their portfolio. Wonder if any will become bookable with hyatt points this fall, or ever.

Last edited by goldenbear; Jul 10, 2019 at 11:35 pm
Old Jul 10, 2019, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP/*wood Plat/Hilton Gold/Hyatt Discoverist
This was a SPG property when it was reopened after it was renovated, not a Marriott property. Only becoming a ‘Marriott’ bc of the acquisition.
Old Jul 12, 2019, 9:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist & Ambassador: China

Programs: DL DM/MM, UA 1K, AA Exp, HH Dia, WOH Glob, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, NA EE, Hertz PC
Saw the property on the Hyatt app and recognized it from my stay when it was a Marriott. Good to see another Hyatt property in the Summit area. Hilton lacks solid properties here (the DT Vail and Breck hotels are basically HI quality to me).

Would be nice if it prices out less than the PH at BC.
Old Jul 14, 2019, 1:02 pm

This property base gone through many transformations over the years. I recall that is was also a Wyndham way back when. While it's nice to see a Hyatt in Vail, the challenge is that it is neither in Vail Village of Lionshead. Cascade village has a chairlift to access the mounain, but there's not much exciting in Cascade Village.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 7:12 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by TTT103
This property base gone through many transformations over the years. I recall that is was also a Wyndham way back when. While it's nice to see a Hyatt in Vail, the challenge is that it is neither in Vail Village of Lionshead. Cascade village has a chairlift to access the mounain, but there's not much exciting in Cascade Village.
It is a very short drive to VV or LH, and the hotel has a regular shuttle that runs back and forth as well as a house car that is available on a first come, first served basis.
Old Jul 15, 2019, 10:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I stayed there before spg rebrand when it was call hotel cascade and it was the cheapest virtuoso (or was it fhr?) property in the area. It was rather beaten up - i hope the reno was done extensively to justify current rates...
Old Jul 15, 2019, 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by CLEguy
It is a very short drive to VV or LH, and the hotel has a regular shuttle that runs back and forth as well as a house car that is available on a first come, first served basis.
That is good information, as I thought one might either be stuck in Cascade Village or need to use the rental car to access VV. With that said, if staying on a paid stay, I'm partial to the Lodge at Vail. I like the historic nature of that property. While I'm not a WOH person, it would be a tough call between the PH Beaver Creek or GH Vail. The PH is right in the middle of BC Village.
LovePrunes likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.