Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Grand Hyatt Vail REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Grand Hyatt Vail REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Jan 30, 2022, 10:54 am

Originally Posted by CLEguy
I would take a Terrace room over a Lodge room.
Okay thanks.
The Grand Suite in the main lodge is priced significantly higher than the top-floor Deluxe Mtn View 2-queen in the Terrace, but I guess you can't make your decisions based on the price.
Old Jan 30, 2022, 6:31 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by CLEguy
I would take a Terrace room over a Lodge room.

Buffet or menu. We have gone over $70 and never paid for overages. But then, I have also never been told of a specific $70 credit.
I too would take the terrace room over the lodge. I was charged for everything above $70.
Old Feb 25, 2022, 1:11 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Does the 3rd and 4th guests registered to the room on points get charged extra here? And do they also get Globalist breakfast credits?
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:05 am

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Glob, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Gold
Stayed here last week. Really disappointing post-stay experience. Let me level-set by saying when I checked in, the person at the desk simply told me parking and breakfast would be complimentary as a Globalist and did not provide limitations or exclusions.

Parking was charged on the folio, as was breakfast that we got to go from the main restaurant and from their version of a grab and go market. Neither to-go breakfast nor grab and go market charges have been a problem for me at other properties and I had no expectation that it would be a problem here. If I were notified, I of course, would not have utilized these avenues.

My concierge was able to fix the parking but the hotel is currently refusing to remove the breakfast charges despite failing to communicate restrictions.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 10:33 am

Originally Posted by Raylan
Stayed here last week. Really disappointing post-stay experience. Let me level-set by saying when I checked in, the person at the desk simply told me parking and breakfast would be complimentary as a Globalist and did not provide limitations or exclusions.

Parking was charged on the folio, as was breakfast that we got to go from the main restaurant and from their version of a grab and go market. Neither to-go breakfast nor grab and go market charges have been a problem for me at other properties and I had no expectation that it would be a problem here. If I were notified, I of course, would not have utilized these avenues.

My concierge was able to fix the parking but the hotel is currently refusing to remove the breakfast charges despite failing to communicate restrictions.
disappointing Post stay experience?
I'm confused...did you not see the charges while you were on property?
Personally I wouldn't ever leave the front desk on departure day if I was expecting something to be comped, just wanting to look at the bill for errors. A lot easier to say "no" when you're not there to push back in person.
sorry for the trouble there. I like the property but it's not even 1/2 the "grand" of Beaver Creek Hyatt.
TerryK likes this.
Old Jun 27, 2022, 12:05 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Hyatt Glob, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, National EE, Hertz PC, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
disappointing Post stay experience?
I'm confused...did you not see the charges while you were on property?
Personally I wouldn't ever leave the front desk on departure day if I was expecting something to be comped, just wanting to look at the bill for errors. A lot easier to say "no" when you're not there to push back in person.
sorry for the trouble there. I like the property but it's not even 1/2 the "grand" of Beaver Creek Hyatt.

Yes. I was staying with a young child and we were running late to drive back to Denver Int'l for our flight, so I did not have the time to fix it the day of check out. Shouldn't have been charged in the first place, though... I also have stayed at other properties where a charge for e.g., breakfast shows up on the Hyatt app, I check out on the app, and my card is never charged for something that is ultimately comp'd, so I suppose that is what I was hoping for. Either way, my concierge has fixed it and the hotel has indicated they'll refund me as a "one time courtesy."

Billing issues aside, I also am a little miffed that the hotel does not permit, apparently by policy, people to go down to the restaurant and bring breakfast back up to their room through the Glob benefit, since the hotel staff indicated to my concierge that in-room dining is not eligible for the benefit.

Last edited by Raylan; Jun 27, 2022 at 2:42 pm
Old Jun 28, 2022, 8:54 am

Originally Posted by Raylan
Yes. I was staying with a young child and we were running late to drive back to Denver Int'l for our flight, so I did not have the time to fix it the day of check out. Shouldn't have been charged in the first place, though... I also have stayed at other properties where a charge for e.g., breakfast shows up on the Hyatt app, I check out on the app, and my card is never charged for something that is ultimately comp'd, so I suppose that is what I was hoping for. Either way, my concierge has fixed it and the hotel has indicated they'll refund me as a "one time courtesy."

Billing issues aside, I also am a little miffed that the hotel does not permit, apparently by policy, people to go down to the restaurant and bring breakfast back up to their room through the Glob benefit, since the hotel staff indicated to my concierge that in-room dining is not eligible for the benefit.
This happened to us as well, two seasons ago you could get the market items covered under the Globalist policy last year they must have changed the policy and we weren't aware. They ended up giving us a $70 daily credit which was fine by us.
Old Jun 30, 2022, 12:24 pm

Visited recently, and had a positive experience. We were upgraded to Grand Suite with TSU applied in the Terrace wing. Breakfast was buffet on the weekends and a la carte on weekdays. My family took advantage of the market breakfast on day of departure, and were taken off during checkout. We did a lot of hiking around the area, even went to a concert in Vail using the hotel shuttle. Haven't been to other Hyatt properties around the area so no comparisons, though we do plan to come back during the winter months..
Old Nov 3, 2022, 12:31 pm

Do you have access to the sauna and steam room or you have to pay extra for that?
Old Jan 6, 2023, 2:01 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Platinum, UA Gold
Visited several night stay during winter season around NYE, friendly staff, seasonal staff, zero globalist recognition, don't explain food credit (it's $45 a person can be used at Gressner for breakfast or at the market for breakfast (before 11am)).

Zero upgrades, refused to upgrade even showing them availability on their website, did this several days of the stay all refused for some hand wringing reason, I chalk it up to seasonal staff not knowing anything about Hyatt, but that's on the main staff for not training them.

Very disappointed since my hopes are up reading this thread.

Will give it one more chance, but not sure what can be done after explicitly requesting to use "Globalst Best Room Available Perk", not even a view or deluxe room was given.
Old Jan 6, 2023, 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by askyamaz
Visited several night stay during winter season around NYE, friendly staff, seasonal staff, zero globalist recognition, don't explain food credit (it's $45 a person can be used at Gressner for breakfast or at the market for breakfast (before 11am)).

Zero upgrades, refused to upgrade even showing them availability on their website, did this several days of the stay all refused for some hand wringing reason, I chalk it up to seasonal staff not knowing anything about Hyatt, but that's on the main staff for not training them.

Very disappointed since my hopes are up reading this thread.

Will give it one more chance, but not sure what can be done after explicitly requesting to use "Globalst Best Room Available Perk", not even a view or deluxe room was given.
I would always assume, unless a suite upgrade cert is being used, that an upgrade to a suite over a high in demand weekend is a long shot.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 11:27 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Tonyr4
I would always assume, unless a suite upgrade cert is being used, that an upgrade to a suite over a high in demand weekend is a long shot.
Even view rooms/ deluxe was not given when asked for several days. This is my report, not the easy going easy upgrade hotel people post about here, they don't care for loyalty here. Not one bit.

Globalist don't bother staying here, get nothing out of it.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 2:10 pm

Even view rooms/ deluxe was not given when asked for several days. This is my report, not the easy going easy upgrade hotel people post about here, they don't care for loyalty here. Not one bit.

Globalist don't bother staying here, get nothing out of it.
i mean, to be fair, it's a very good location for world class skiing, so it's not like you get nothing out of it. Loyalty/elite benefits, I get it, but it's certainly worth staying here regardless of that, in my opinion. A shame they don't do upgrades.
Dr Jabadski likes this.
Old Jan 8, 2023, 8:04 pm

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
(Jan 2022, my bolding now below.) I stayed at the Grand Hyatt Vail for 6 nights last week, 1 Cat 1-7 FNA and 5 award 25,000 point nights. Hyatt Globalist with ~ 70 actual nights last year, mostly various Hyatt Places (FL, NJ, FL, CA, UT). Traveling solo, no car. (Stayed again for 5 nights in February 2022.)

Fitness center is an embarrassment, very poorly equipped and that minimal equipment is in significant disrepair. 2 large rooms (one empty at all times, maybe for classes?) and 2 small rooms (one used to store 8 or 10 Peloton bicycle machines), plenty of room for a proper 5 star hotel fitness center. Hammer Strength Chest Press machine had its cables pulled out and a small piece of paper taped to the seatback “Carefull (sic) doesn’t work” which looked like it was written by a 10 year old. Nautilus Nitro F2FT Freedom Trainer (I think) was on its last legs with loose adjustments and lots of noise with each exercise. Two (2) Tonal machines looked really spiffy but they’re difficult impossible for a first timer to use. 3 treadmills, 2 or 3 ellipticals, 2 more Peloton bicycle machines in main room and zero programable (LifeCycle type) bicycle machines, should have at least 1 upright and 1 recumbent programable (LifeCycle type) bicycle machine. I think the hotel got away with having a crappy fitness center because since its rebranding as a GH a few years ago its guests could use the adjacent apparently very well equipped Aria Spa/Gym which closed, possibly forever, a year or so ago during COVID.
Overall 4.5 stars out of 5. Appropriate fitness center would get that other half a star.
Originally Posted by LovePrunes
(January 2022) 😭makes me sad to think Aria may not reopen. That gym and spa was AMAZING. Agreed, no need for a gym fitness center of any type at Hyatt as long as Aria was a free option. Heck you didn't even have to go outside to get into Aria.
Anyone knowledgeable about current fitness center equipment?

BREAK

All this talk about suite upgrades at this property, put me on the list of those who are surprised that this hotel is not on WOH’s “Suite Award Ineligible Properties” list, particularly during ski season. Personally, this is the last hotel where I would expect an upgrade of any type.

BREAK
… Globalist don't bother staying here, get nothing out of it.
Do Globs (still) get a breakfast benefit, enough for 1 or 2 people in the restaurant? Thank you.
Old Jan 15, 2023, 12:48 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Dr Jabadski
Anyone knowledgeable about current fitness center equipment?

BREAK

All this talk about suite upgrades at this property, put me on the list of those who are surprised that this hotel is not on WOH’s “Suite Award Ineligible Properties” list, particularly during ski season. Personally, this is the last hotel where I would expect an upgrade of any type.

BREAK
Do Globs (still) get a breakfast benefit, enough for 1 or 2 people in the restaurant? Thank you.
Nice enough gym, with tech mirrors.

$45 a person including market before 11am, wasn’t explained but that’s what it is.
Dr Jabadski likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.