Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums >
Reload this Page >

Miles&Points

Hotels and Places to Stay

Hyatt | World of Hyatt

Grand Hyatt Vail REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Grand Hyatt Vail REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Old Apr 5, 21, 11:15 pm

Programs: UA GS, DL-Plat, WN A-List, Hilto Gold, IHG Platinum, Hyatt Somethingist, Marriott Titanium Lifetime
Can anyone that has stayed at both properties provide a comparison to the PH at Beaver Creek?
Old Apr 6, 21, 8:11 am

Programs: Hyatt Glob; UA 1K; BonVoyage LTT (RIP SPG); HH Dia; JX Insighter
Originally Posted by Air Houston View Post
Can anyone that has stayed at both properties provide a comparison to the PH at Beaver Creek?
There is some discussion of that in this thread.
relidtm likes this.
Old May 19, 21, 1:07 am

Anyone have any recent stays here as a globalist? Staying here next week; will report back.
Old May 19, 21, 7:42 am

Programs: Delta Diamond; Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by MechMachine View Post
Anyone have any recent stays here as a globalist? Staying here next week; will report back.
I'll be there in 2 weeks using the "Work from Hyatt" option. Let us know how your stay goes.
Old May 19, 21, 7:05 pm

I recently finished a paid stay with some decent Prive rates. A TSU confirmed me into a nice Grand Suite well in advance. The room was spacious and clean, with a bottle of Moet waiting for my arrival. There are $100 dining credits which I used to cover the dinner at Gessner (though technically Gessner wasn't open for dinner other than Friday and Saturday but the meal comes from the Gessner menu). For breakfast I got $70 credit, but can't figure out if this is part of Prive or due to my globalist status.
Overall a really wonderful stay.
CLEguy likes this.
Old May 19, 21, 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by yuzheny View Post
I recently finished a paid stay with some decent Prive rates. A TSU confirmed me into a nice Grand Suite well in advance. The room was spacious and clean, with a bottle of Moet waiting for my arrival. There are $100 dining credits which I used to cover the dinner at Gessner (though technically Gessner wasn't open for dinner other than Friday and Saturday but the meal comes from the Gessner menu). For breakfast I got $70 credit, but can't figure out if this is part of Prive or due to my globalist status.
Overall a really wonderful stay.
I experienced some billing inconsistencies in my stays during ski season. Have they worked those out yet? Still a tough property to beat.
Old May 19, 21, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by CLEguy View Post
I experienced some billing inconsistencies in my stays during ski season. Have they worked those out yet? Still a tough property to beat.
Sorry to hear that. Hope it got resolved eventually! Mine was quite smooth and no hassle. I guess with higher occupancy during ski seasons chances are higher for errors?
Old May 19, 21, 8:59 pm

Originally Posted by yuzheny View Post
Sorry to hear that. Hope it got resolved eventually! Mine was quite smooth and no hassle. I guess with higher occupancy during ski seasons chances are higher for errors?
It was just fine
Old May 31, 21, 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by nmoe View Post
I'll be there in 2 weeks using the "Work from Hyatt" option. Let us know how your stay goes.
I had a wonderful stay; this has honestly been one of my best Hyatt stays during the pandemic. In a few words: Generosity & Hospitality this property exceeds at.

Manager proactively reached out to me before my stay asking for an arrival time and upgraded me to a Deluxe Mountain View Queen from the standard Queen I booked.
When I got to the property they noted of the upgrade and told me I had a choice - I could further upgrade to a Grand Suite (King - no double Queen available) without a view or keep the upgraded Queen; so I kept the Deluxe Mountain View Queen.

Even though there is a "mountain view" the real gem of this room was the view of the creek behind the hotel. I enjoyed keeping the screened windows open at night to listen to the water and was nice to sit out on the balcony and enjoy the view and sounds.

There were two weddings at the property during my stay so I asked to be placed away from the festivities/reception which they accommodated. It was not in the main lodge rooms; rather on the end in the terrace rooms; but I didn't mind the added walk for the seclusion.

I stayed on a WFH rate for 5 nights; the minimum stay at this property used to be 5 days but they raised it to 7 nights. It included 50% off parking, which ended up being 22.50 a day. The property is only offering Valet parking; they do have a garage that it looks like you could drive into but it says 45 a night and valet only; so even if you try to sneak you'll pay the same rate. The rate also included a separate workspace if needed left up to interpretation by the property. They extended use of their Matterhorn conference room on the days I requested; it wasn't blocked off necessarily as there seemed to be other parties in here (but it was a huge hospitality suite with multiple nooks). I used it for one morning and the other days worked from my room/the balcony.

The rate also included a 50 "resort credit" daily which could be used for anything really, F&B, parking, 50 dollars off the nightly rate, etc. I ended up using it for snacks and dinner. The table restaurant is open on weekends but the fireside lounge and bar is open nightly for dinner. The food truck is open from 5-8 (but closed around 7:30) on weekends as well (but may be open nightly in the summer). Additionally there was a Tiki Bar/Pool Bar that opened for the season during my stay, open 12-5 poolside, open daily.

As part of Globalist benefits I was able to get breakfast for 2 adults with coffee, juice, one entree per person, and even a side of fruit/bacon one day. It was described as being inclusive of all taxes, fees, and gratuity but I went over the $75 limit someone described above and had the difference posted to my room (was like $3 on one day). Also I ordered room service breakfast one day and it was included minus the $6 delivery charge. However at checkout when I asked they actually said this was a mistake and said none of these extra charges should have been posted and they took all of the breakfast overages off so it was completely free; refreshing to see when there are properties out there being very stingy with the breakfast benefits from other's experiences. You can also get grab and go at the market and that would be included as well. Extremely flexible and generous by account of this property. So yes; go ahead and order room service breakfast at this property and as a Globalist you will be accommodated.

Also a refreshing additional item is that housekeeping was provided daily! I declined a few days but it was nice to see them making their rounds.
Also getting water for the room was easy as per WOH benefits, housekeeping was stocking daily or you could walk by the front desk and they'd hand over as many as you wanted - very generous considering other properties I've stayed at track it like a hawk and seemingly make you feel like they're loosing pennies on the dollar over your thirst.

In terms of the activities at the resort; it was fun to see the property go from sleepy to busy during the course of my stay over the holiday weekend. They are offering a few complimentary things starting this week as per the flyer through the summer (not all were available for my stay but here you go - anyone reading this should be accurate for your stay as everything was starting this week):

Something to note - this is included with the $40 a night resort fee (summer - $50 winter); HOWEVER - if you want to do any of the activities at times not listed you will pay. I was kinda irritated as I was given this flyer but not all were being offered; they said it started next week and to ignore most of what was on here. The Axe Throwing wasn't offered nor was the Smores due to a wedding at the times on the flyer. I inquired to the front desk and said I could do them another time. Figured I could just walk up and get a Smores kit but I was wrong. The Smores kits were available for $22 dollars at the Market (laughable as they literally make 2 smores only). Axe Throwing is $18 per person per 45 minute session in the ballroom. If you do it at the times on the flyer (or whenever they're offered as an activity) its free; otherwise you pay. So if you want to do smores I would just go when they're offering it and get a few of the kits and take them back to your room for when you want to do it. Not trying to complain or make a big stink over the events as I understand this was the first time alot of this stuff was being offered for the season but I got my hopes up for alot of these things only to be told "oh next week" - I don't think I should have been given the flyer to begin with; but either way hope this helps someone out. Luckily the $40 resort fee was waived but if I was paying the resort fee AND had to pay for some of these things that are 'included' I would be upset.

Axe throwing was alot of fun and worth the $18 over the smores kit.. or do it for free at the time listed if it works for you. Note you need to book in advance if you aren't doing it at the time the property provides. Book here : Pricing | Wood & Steel Axe (woodandsteelaxe.com)

Menus/Food:

Restaurant/Lounge/Room Service:
On the app the Gessner/Fireside Lounge menu is up to date; The room service menu is basically the same as the restaurant throughout the day.

Food Truck:
The food truck menu is not up to date. They didn't have a scan-able menu but just a printed menu of what they were offering for that day only since it was so new. But from memory it was serving onion rings, stuffed cheese tots with bacon, a burger, vegetarian empanadas (these were really good even though I am not a vegetarian), grilled cheese, and fish tacos (good too).

Pool Bar:

Final notes:

If you want to avoid parking at the property, as of this writing, the Red Sandstone garage in vail is offering free overnight parking up to 72 hours (check before you go). It says strictly enforced but in reality I saw a few people moving their cars to different areas every few days when I was checking on my parties' second car we left there. GH has a shuttle that runs to Vail Village and you can take that to the village and walk or take the vail bus and there is a stop outside GH Vail and outside the Red Sandstone garage directly.

I stayed on a WFH rate; there was also a COLOC (colorado local) rate being offered of the same price. If you have the choice go with the WFH; half price parking and $50 credit; I ended up actually paying less than the quoted rate when I booked since I didn't end up using all the credit on food and the remaining took off from the room rate even more.

I hope you have a wonderful stay nmoe

Last edited by MechMachine; May 31, 21 at 10:29 pm
Old May 31, 21, 10:39 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist (Full), Marriott Titanium, IHG Spire, Wyndham DIA, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
I had a wonderful stay; this has honestly been one of my best Hyatt stays during the pandemic. In a few words: Generosity & Hospitality this property exceeds at.
Great review! I'm thinking of staying here this coming weekend. Did you attend or know anything about Champagne Sabrage event?
Old Jun 1, 21, 12:32 am

Originally Posted by lAzyTraveler View Post
Great review! I'm thinking of staying here this coming weekend. Did you attend or know anything about Champagne Sabrage event?
Unfortunately as noted the property was in an awkward state and I am not sure if it happened or not. A lot of the free food and beverage events seemed to happen around 4-5 when I wasnt at the property.

I did see a few tables in front of the restaurant where they probably would have stuff set up for that event. I am sure they are doing it this coming week/weekend as the hotel colleagues told me that flyer was accurate as of after Memorial Day weekend since that seemed to be the kickoff to a lot of activity at the property.

If you book with a prive rate at the property as another poster wrote theyll give you a bottle of something, Id bet its the same of whatever theyre giving out.
Old Jun 7, 21, 2:59 pm

We finished our work from Hyatt stay last Friday and they did do the Champagne Sabering on Thursday.

Also an absolutely wonderful stay based on the service provided. Front desk was easy to work with as I had reserved 2 rooms (1 for my family and 1 for my parents). The team behind the text message requests was amazing and even sent up 8 AAA batteries when I asked where the closest store was so I could purchase them for a birthday present my daughter just received.

As was mentioned above, most of the suites are on the backside of the property away from the creek. We did receive an upgrade into the Gore Creek Suite on the creek side. The room was great for our family and we did have our screened windows open most of the time. The only downside of the room was that even though it was on the creek side, it was on the top floor, so no balcony and smaller windows. Still a fantastic deal.

Breakfast was covered in full every morning without hassle. Our waiter put AUTO in the tip line and it looked like 20% was added for the staff and we never saw any of it on the final bill.

Overall a wonderful stay and a great deal with the Work from Hyatt rate.
Old Jun 8, 21, 12:35 am

We finished our work from Hyatt stay last Friday and they did do the Champagne Sabering on Thursday.

Also an absolutely wonderful stay based on the service provided. Front desk was easy to work with as I had reserved 2 rooms (1 for my family and 1 for my parents). The team behind the text message requests was amazing and even sent up 8 AAA batteries when I asked where the closest store was so I could purchase them for a birthday present my daughter just received.

As was mentioned above, most of the suites are on the backside of the property away from the creek. We did receive an upgrade into the Gore Creek Suite on the creek side. The room was great for our family and we did have our screened windows open most of the time. The only downside of the room was that even though it was on the creek side, it was on the top floor, so no balcony and smaller windows. Still a fantastic deal.

Breakfast was covered in full every morning without hassle. Our waiter put AUTO in the tip line and it looked like 20% was added for the staff and we never saw any of it on the final bill.

Overall a wonderful stay and a great deal with the Work from Hyatt rate.
Good to hear! When you booked did you book a base room and get upgraded into the Gore or booked a Grand Suite and got upgraded into the Premium Gore Suite?

Were the two separate rooms combined in the upgrade with the suite and like a joining room or was it just one room upgraded?
Old Jun 8, 21, 11:18 am

Good to hear! When you booked did you book a base room and get upgraded into the Gore or booked a Grand Suite and got upgraded into the Premium Gore Suite?

Were the two separate rooms combined in the upgrade with the suite and like a joining room or was it just one room upgraded?
I booked 2 basic rooms and used an suite upgrade cert for one of them to upgrade to a 2 Queen Grand Suite. I ended up chatting at the FD for awhile to find the right setup for us as we wanted the grandparents nearby but didn't need them attached. They were great to work with and pretty understanding. We ended up with the Gore Suite and then a couple doors down a 2 Queen Deluxe for my parents which worked perfect.
MechMachine likes this.
Old Jun 8, 21, 7:53 pm

Programs: AA EP, Hyatt Globalist
I booked 2 basic rooms and used an suite upgrade cert for one of them to upgrade to a 2 Queen Grand Suite. I ended up chatting at the FD for awhile to find the right setup for us as we wanted the grandparents nearby but didn't need them attached. They were great to work with and pretty understanding. We ended up with the Gore Suite and then a couple doors down a 2 Queen Deluxe for my parents which worked perfect.
Did they offer you a 2nd space for working or because you took the suite, did you just work from there?

Im booked for a 21 day stay in July, but will actually have to work for a good portion of the time and would really like the separate space if possible. Im still seeing a couple suites in inventory, but if I dont get the upgrade, I would prefer a private space to work in.

Search this Thread