FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Favorite international Hyatts with low cash rates & good benefits? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1976845-favorite-international-hyatts-low-cash-rates-good-benefits.html)

mster Jul 5, 2019 2:52 am

Favorite international Hyatts with low cash rates & good benefits?

Favorite international Hyatt properties with regularly or seasonally low cash rates ($20-100) and good benefits / value?

My quick list (below) is heavy on Hyatt Places & Houses - I'm sure there are some Hyatt & Regency properties to add to the list too:

Hyatt Place Bangkok Sukhumvit (Cat1) - $60-80 - nice new property, solid suites
Hyatt House Kuala Lumpur (Cat2) - $50-70 - nice new property, 1 bedroom upgrade policy for Globs
Alila Bangsar (Cat1) - $50-80 - nice new property, solid suites
Hyatt Regency Kuantan Resort (Cat1) - $50-80 - nice refurbished property, lounge may have closed (?)
Hyatt Place Dubai / Wasl District (Cat1) - $50-80 - nice new property, good transit access (union station w/2 metro lines)
Hyatt House Mexico City Santa Fe (Cat1) - $60-80 - nice newer property
Hyatt House / Place Chengdu Pebble Walk (Cat1) - $60-80 - nice newer property

retirementdreams Jul 5, 2019 7:56 am

Hyatt Regency Yogyakarta--High $40's (at times)..also spelled Jogjakarta, on the island of Java, Indonesia.

I was looking a this thread to see other updates, and realized I should add something. This is pretty much a resort, golf course, tennis courts, gorgeous winding swimming pool, kids club. There are NO resort fees, and tax is just a few dollars. It is pretty isolated, but taxis are cheap. (as long as you take the recommended ones).

MSPeconomist Jul 5, 2019 10:17 pm

In some locations, $100 would be an extremely low rate even for a HP/HH.

Some places that can be very reasonable for the location and hotel would seem to include GH Rio Barra (Brazil), PH Mendoza (Argentina), GH ICN (South Korea), HR Tokyo, HR TST (Hong Kong), most Hyatts in smaller cities in mainland China, and even (relatively speaking) PHT (Japan) for a Glob if you pick dates when the hotel isn't very full.

hailstorm Jul 5, 2019 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31274098)
HR Tokyo

The days of HR Tokyo having low cash rates are long gone. HP Tokyo Bay is almost always half the price of HR Tokyo.

mster Jul 5, 2019 10:56 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist (Post 31274098)
Some places that can be very reasonable for the location and hotel would seem to include GH Rio Barra (Brazil), PH Mendoza (Argentina), GH ICN (South Korea), HR Tokyo, HR TST (Hong Kong), most Hyatts in smaller cities in mainland China, and even (relatively speaking) PHT (Japan) for a Glob if you pick dates when the hotel isn't very full.

I've gotten (relatively) low cash rates at PH Tokyo ^

Let's try to keep this thread to $20-100 though.

Kacee Jul 5, 2019 11:17 pm

I was going to say Zurich then I saw "low cash rates" :D

MSPeconomist Jul 5, 2019 11:24 pm

Originally Posted by hailstorm (Post 31274128)
The days of HR Tokyo having low cash rates are long gone. HP Tokyo Bay is almost always half the price of HR Tokyo.

I've seen good rates within the last year or so.....and they seem generous about offering cash and points rates in addition to their low prices in points. However, without Glob status for lounge access and other benefits, I suspect that one can do better in Tokyo on average when one considers location, etc.

xmzzn123 Jul 8, 2019 8:53 pm

Andaz Capital Gate, Abu Dhabi

usually under $100

Aventine Jul 8, 2019 8:56 pm

Hyatt Regency Dubai Deira can be had for under a $100 most times.

mster Jul 9, 2019 1:29 am

Originally Posted by xmzzn123 (Post 31283696)
Andaz Capital Gate, Abu Dhabi

usually under $100

Originally Posted by Aventine (Post 31283699)
Hyatt Regency Dubai Deira can be had for under a $100 most times.

Dubai & Abu Dhabi properties are definitely great options for low cash rates in summer if you can survive the heat there. Are those ~$100 rates available outside of summer though?

craigthemif Jul 9, 2019 1:56 am

Originally Posted by mster (Post 31284177)
Dubai & Abu Dhabi properties are definitely great options for low cash rates in summer if you can survive the heat there. Are those ~$100 rates available outside of summer though?

No they aren't. All you have to do is check arrivals in late September vs. arrivals in early October...

projectmaximus Sep 1, 2019 9:34 pm

Great idea for a thread! I have one to add, with the caveat that I am not a seasoned Hyatt traveler (or hotel guest in general tbh). Recently stayed at the Hyatt Place Shanghai Tianshan Plaza and found the property to be quite nice and strong value. It seems to always be in that $80-$90 range. A lot of the basic Shanghai properties are probably similar: House/Place in Hongqiao CBD, House/Place in New Hongqiao, and the Jiading Regency are all Cat 1s and between $70-90 for a room.

mster Sep 2, 2019 2:26 am

Originally Posted by Maxwell Lee (Post 31481038)
Great idea for a thread! I have one to add, with the caveat that I am not a seasoned Hyatt traveler (or hotel guest in general tbh). Recently stayed at the Hyatt Place Shanghai Tianshan Plaza and found the property to be quite nice and strong value. It seems to always be in that $80-$90 range. A lot of the basic Shanghai properties are probably similar: House/Place in Hongqiao CBD, House/Place in New Hongqiao, and the Jiading Regency are all Cat 1s and between $70-90 for a room.

I've considered longer stays at the HP / HH properties in Shanghai since they look really nice. The dangers of staying in new construction in China (dramatically more lax standards for chemical emissions) make it hard to justify staying any longer than absolutely necessary though.

Gioventu Sep 2, 2019 6:56 am

Park Hyatt Chennai for 60-80 $/night, mainly during weekends... Still a nice property with good suites, reasonable spa and two nice restaurants with excellent breakfast and Indian cuisine. My favorite Hyatt in India for many years.

projectmaximus Sep 2, 2019 8:01 am

Originally Posted by mster (Post 31481507)
I've considered longer stays at the HP / HH properties in Shanghai since they look really nice. The dangers of staying in new construction in China (dramatically more lax standards for chemical emissions) make it hard to justify staying any longer than absolutely necessary though.

Ah that does make sense.

Out of curiosity is there a thread like this one for Cat 1s? Or Cat 1s and 2s? Something like that? Basically the best low-price redemptions?