FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Hyatt | World of Hyatt (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt-418/)
-   -   Carmel Valley Ranch - Carmel-by-the-sea, California (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/hyatt-world-hyatt/1975170-carmel-valley-ranch-carmel-sea-california.html)

shuuy Jun 23, 2019 12:03 am

Carmel Valley Ranch - Carmel-by-the-sea, California

Any experiences with how globalists are treated at this property?

Colin Jun 23, 2019 11:22 am

not here.

but, i've researched a good amount as a frequent globalist visitor to Highlands Inn.
i just don't see me choosing the new Carmel Valley Ranch ever over Highlands.
both are equally inconvenient to Carmel-by-the-Sea.
Carmel Valley is often hot & unpleasant during summer.
Highlands has the views.
Highlands 30 minutes down to Pfeiffer, Post Ranch Inn & Ventana for lunch & drinks, and redwoods hikes.
twice as far from Carmel Valley.
globalist TSU suite Highlands is damn near perfect - the views, the fireplace.
globalist breakfast Highlands is outstanding.

if i ever tried Carmel Valley, i think i'd be kicking myself the whole time for choosing poorly.

I stay for under $200/n at Highlands w/ a corporate rate.
Carmel Valley is far more expensive.

OutofToiletPaper Jun 23, 2019 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Colin (Post 31231497)
not here.

but, i've researched a good amount as a frequent globalist visitor to Highlands Inn.
i just don't see me choosing the new Carmel Valley Ranch ever over Highlands.
both are equally inconvenient to Carmel-by-the-Sea.
Carmel Valley is often hot & unpleasant during summer.
Highlands has the views.
Highlands 30 minutes down to Pfeiffer, Post Ranch Inn & Ventana for lunch & drinks, and redwoods hikes.
twice as far from Carmel Valley.
globalist TSU suite Highlands is damn near perfect - the views, the fireplace.
globalist breakfast Highlands is outstanding.

if i ever tried Carmel Valley, i think i'd be kicking myself the whole time for choosing poorly.

I stay for under $200/n at Highlands w/ a corporate rate.
Carmel Valley is far more expensive.

I've stayed at Carmel Valley Ranch for work and it's one of my most favorite stays ever. Although it is far from Carmel-by-the-sea, the reason to stay here is of all the onsite activities and things to do in within the resort. My SO very much enjoyed their free lavender workshop, and smores in the evening. It's much more than just a hotel. Check out their activity calendar, they have daily events going on and will give you a better idea on which hotel you'd rather stay.

Colin Jun 23, 2019 12:24 pm

that would definitely be a good reason to choose Carmel Valley Ranch, kinda like Miraval.

if your goal is to enjoy Carmel-by-the-Sea, Big Sur, and coastal views in front of the fireplace in the your suite's living room, then go with Highlands (plus a TSU).

bcosinteno Jun 23, 2019 1:06 pm

And the Carmel Valley Ranch is offering a 4th night free through Prive.

Colin Jun 23, 2019 1:25 pm

what does a TSU get you?

ARLT Jun 28, 2019 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by Colin (Post 31231846)
what does a TSU get you?

​​​​​​​you get a ranch suite w/ the TSU

ewrp12 Jun 30, 2019 10:34 pm

Recently stayed at the property as a Globalist. Booked with points into the Santa Lucia Studio, which is their entry level room, and was upgraded to a Ranch Suite, which is a standard suite. Cash price was about $1k. I asked if another upgrade was possible as I noticed a lot of premium suites were available on the Hyatt app but they said there were no more rooms available, which I knew wasn't true. I requested a 3 pm checkout and was granted without objection. They had cookies, oranges, a grapefruit, and a card thanking me for my loyalty to Hyatt in the room. For breakfast, they offered any of their restaurants or room service, which I utilized. I left a tip on the room service bill and a small portion of the tip ended up on my folio at checkout. I didn't argue about it as it was a minimal amount.

hdfdisk Jul 2, 2019 9:38 am

Originally Posted by Colin (Post 31231679)
that would definitely be a good reason to choose Carmel Valley Ranch, kinda like Miraval.

if your goal is to enjoy Carmel-by-the-Sea, Big Sur, and coastal views in front of the fireplace in the your suite's living room, then go with Highlands (plus a TSU).

Has anyone tried the Ventana down the road and compare it with Highlands?

mebluemouse Jul 4, 2019 12:24 am

Originally Posted by ewrp12 (Post 31256808)
Recently stayed at the property as a Globalist. Booked with points into the Santa Lucia Studio, which is their entry level room, and was upgraded to a Ranch Suite, which is a standard suite. Cash price was about $1k. I asked if another upgrade was possible as I noticed a lot of premium suites were available on the Hyatt app but they said there were no more rooms available, which I knew wasn't true. I requested a 3 pm checkout and was granted without objection. They had cookies, oranges, a grapefruit, and a card thanking me for my loyalty to Hyatt in the room. For breakfast, they offered any of their restaurants or room service, which I utilized. I left a tip on the room service bill and a small portion of the tip ended up on my folio at checkout. I didn't argue about it as it was a minimal amount.

Thanks for your detailed information! How do you like this property?

ewrp12 Jul 6, 2019 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by mebluemouse (Post 31267982)
Thanks for your detailed information! How do you like this property?

I stayed one night and enjoyed the property. There are lots of activities (though most are expensive), hiking trails, a couple pools, and fire pits to make s'mores. It's a great place to spend a day or two without having to leave the resort. Dinner at Valley Kitchen was very good but again pricey.

Theboy Jul 7, 2019 8:46 pm

Originally Posted by shuuy (Post 31230289)
Any experiences with how globalists are treated at this property?

Just stayed. Its fine. But not great. Hyatt IMHO does not know how to run hotels. Both PHNYC and CVR did not call us by name ever. The refillable toiletries are a joke. And I was told to bring some home would be 24 dollars. Sorry what......? If they were so concerned about the environment there would be no one use water bottles . Why not have taps that can do sparking and flat water. You can get these?
why is the spa so small?
why were we charged a resort fee?
why were we not told about the options on arrival.
Why was Carlos rude to me?
Why is there Voice Assistant Speaker ? why did it not work?
why was there no washing machines ?
why is the hotel washing dry cleaning an off site op ?
why were all the activities not included?
why is there no app for the hotel?
why is there no house car?

777 global mile hound Jul 7, 2019 10:42 pm

Originally Posted by Theboy (Post 31279906)
Just stayed. Its fine. But not great. Hyatt IMHO does not know how to run hotels. Both PHNYC and CVR did not call us by name ever. The refillable toiletries are a joke. And I was told to bring some home would be 24 dollars. Sorry what......? If they were so concerned about the environment there would be no one use water bottles . Why not have taps that can do sparking and flat water. You can get these?
why is the spa so small?
why were we charged a resort fee?
why were we not told about the options on arrival.
Why was Carlos rude to me?
Why is there Voice Assistant Speaker ? why did it not work?
why was there no washing machines ?
why is the hotel washing dry cleaning an off site op ?
why were all the activities not included?
why is there no app for the hotel?
why is there no house car?

Please do post your experiences in the PH NYC forum we welcome your experiences both good and bad!
Cheers

mebluemouse Jul 7, 2019 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by ewrp12 (Post 31276339)
I stayed one night and enjoyed the property. There are lots of activities (though most are expensive), hiking trails, a couple pools, and fire pits to make s'mores. It's a great place to spend a day or two without having to leave the resort. Dinner at Valley Kitchen was very good but again pricey.

Thanks again for the information! Planing to be there in Aug. for two nights. Did you use TSU for the upgrade? I was told the breakfast credit is $35 per person...

ewrp12 Jul 8, 2019 12:11 am

Originally Posted by mebluemouse (Post 31280188)
Thanks again for the information! Planing to be there in Aug. for two nights. Did you use TSU for the upgrade? I was told the breakfast credit is $35 per person...

I did not use a TSU. I received a welcome email from the Guest Relations Manager and replied asking if Globalists were eligible for an upgrade since all rooms at the property are suites. She said yes and confirmed an upgrade for me. I was not told about a breakfast credit limit and that could be the reason why a small amount ended up on my folio at checkout.