Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Carmel Valley Ranch - Carmel-by-the-sea, California

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 26, 2020, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Online activity schedule:
https://www.carmelvalleyranch.com/play-for-all-ages/activity-calendar
Print Wikipost

Carmel Valley Ranch - Carmel-by-the-sea, California

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2021, 8:03 am

Not familiar with HRC points, but if it allows you to stay at any Hyatt property then I'd think so. Anyway, yes 25,000 Hyatt points/night. The base room was selling for over 1k/night this past weekend. I'd say it's a terrific value of points!
Old Jun 1, 2021, 3:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: GM on VX, UA, AA, HA, AS, SY; Budget Fastbreak
Originally Posted by Jetrigger
Not familiar with HRC points, but if it allows you to stay at any Hyatt property then I'd think so. Anyway, yes 25,000 Hyatt points/night. The base room was selling for over 1k/night this past weekend. I'd say it's a terrific value of points!
my spouse told me that we have 200k WOH points and that for the date I checked, I had advised that our points would cover 1 night. I must have checked during May for a July visit.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 8:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by gaobest
my spouse told me that we have 200k WOH points and that for the date I checked, I had advised that our points would cover 1 night.
Hyatt does not have dynamic pricing. Currently, the base room is either 25k WoH of points, or it's not available. There's no situation with a 200k per night option.
Old Jun 1, 2021, 9:35 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Ambassador/LTP, Nat'l Exec Elite, LEYE Gold
Originally Posted by gaobest
my spouse told me that we have 200k WOH points and that for the date I checked, I had advised that our points would cover 1 night. I must have checked during May for a July visit.
I'm guessing that you actually have Chase Ultimate Rewards (or similar) points and you checked what it would cost to spend them via the Chase Ultimate Rewards booking portal, where you're getting maybe 1-1.5 cents per point in redemption value out of them. Which would of course be a terrible idea here.
cfabar1 likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2021, 5:28 pm

How are the globalist upgrades here lately?
Old Jun 9, 2021, 6:21 pm

Originally Posted by Scrotty
How are the globalist upgrades here lately?
got upgraded from a standard 30k 25k point booking (studio) to a 1bd ranch suite day of. 2 nights, hotel was sold out, noticed upgrade in app.

Edit: 25k standard room point booking! Not 30k, sorry

Last edited by travelbugging; Jun 9, 2021 at 7:45 pm
Old Jun 9, 2021, 6:44 pm

Originally Posted by travelbugging
got upgraded from a standard 30k point booking (studio) to a 1bd ranch suite day of. 2 nights, hotel was sold out, noticed upgrade in app.
That's awesome! I have two nights booked for the 1 bd vineyard studio w/ outdoor tub. The pictures look awesome. We would be thrilled if we had the ability to get the vineyard suite w/ outdoor tub.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 11:07 am

Found some award availability for a 3 night stay, but I only want to stay 2 nights (no 2 night awards found). Anyone know if I can I book 3 nights and cancel 1 night after booking?
Old Jun 15, 2021, 11:42 am

Programs: Globalist, Diamond via Aspire
Originally Posted by sfmman2000
Found some award availability for a 3 night stay, but I only want to stay 2 nights (no 2 night awards found). Anyone know if I can I book 3 nights and cancel 1 night after booking?
Sure you can. Twitter team can do that fairly quick.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 11:45 am

Originally Posted by Wintertiger
doesn’t always work
Old Jun 15, 2021, 11:49 am

Originally Posted by myperks
doesn’t always work
Yes it does. You just need to insist and escalate enough times. Would help if you're globalist so you can play the "I stay with Hyatt a lot and other agents have done this for me before" card
Old Jun 21, 2021, 11:35 pm

Originally Posted by Wintertiger
Thank you! It worked, they were able to shorten the stay.
Old Jul 30, 2021, 9:45 am

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold, AA EXP
Checked in here yesterday.

No upgrade, but the base level studio suite has plenty of space, and I really like the outdoor tub set up. I believe they're sold out this week. View is next to non-existent. No Hyatt recognition at check-in, so had to go back and ask again about breakfast situation.

The restaurant last night had perhaps the worst service I've ever experienced. Wait to get a table, server didn't get our orders in right, drinks came out at same time as food (~25-30m after ordering), sent food back and then server had the audacity to bring out the dessert menu before the entree even showed up. They were apologetic and comped the meal, but it was completely absurd and put a bad taste in our mouths on night one.

Here for a couple more days and happy to report on anything that people have questions about. Grounds here do look really nice, and we're enjoying the property, if not the service.
Old Jul 31, 2021, 3:56 pm

Anyone local? Just wondering what the weather would be like in early November? Worth a stay?
Old Jul 31, 2021, 4:00 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by NJTeacher
Just wondering what the weather would be like in early November? Worth a stay?
Likely dry, daytime temps 60s or possibly higher, possibility of wildfire smoke.
NJTeacher likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.