Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Carmel Valley Ranch - Carmel-by-the-sea, California

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 26, 2020, 4:03 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Online activity schedule:
https://www.carmelvalleyranch.com/play-for-all-ages/activity-calendar
Print Wikipost

Carmel Valley Ranch - Carmel-by-the-sea, California

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2020, 6:56 pm

Programs: Delta DM, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Rewards Platinum Elite, Hyatt Globalist
Carmel Valley Ranch is rebranding to become an Unbound Collection by Hyatt property as of January 17th.
Old Jul 13, 2020, 7:09 am

Any recent reports by chance?
Old Jul 13, 2020, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by madderlake
Any recent reports by chance?
Also interested to know if anyone has stayed there after reopening? Want to go back but not sure how crowded it is
Old Jul 16, 2020, 8:52 am

Will be checking this weekend so will report back!
SanDiego1K likes this.
Old Jul 16, 2020, 10:23 am
Community Director Emerita

Will be checking this weekend so will report back!
We'll following in your footsteps. We spend a night there before heading to Ventana.
Old Jul 17, 2020, 6:57 pm

@SanDiego1K - awesome! When is your visit?

Just checked in a few hours ago - the drive from Ventana Sur was smooth and this place was easy to find. The grounds are gorgeous and weather much nicer here than Big Sur at the moment. Place is pretty busy given it's a weekend but everything is pretty spread out so nothing feels crowded yet.

Check in was easy and socially distanced, sanitized between guests, and everyone wearing masks.

As Globalists upgraded to a suite (booked a standard award night on points) but told I wouldn't be able to have late checkout due to someone else arriving for this room tomorrow. Hmmm. Will call the front desk in the morning and see what they can offer.

Heading to the Valley Kitchen for dinner (outdoor seating only) so will report back on that.

Any questions, let me know!
afmiami likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 9:22 am

OK wanted to report back after our one night stay on points on a Friday night. The property was at capacity due to the weekend but never really felt crowded unless you're in the lobby or by the pool. We had dinner at Valley Kitchen and they spaced out tables by the pool which was OK in theory but the dinner wasn't very enjoyable to be honest. Lots of screaming kids and B-team staff. Food was good but pricey (as expected). We had an issue with the wine but it management eventually rectified it so I can't knock them there. Looking back, we should have just opted for in-room dining as the Valley Kitchen 'outdoor seating' experience isn't that great. Mind you we ate at 6:30/7 so perhaps later it would be quieter, so YMMV.

Had breakfast delivered to our suite the next morning which worked out well. Did a 4 mile hike on the property trails, literally right outside our door. That was the best part for us - the grounds are incredible and if you enjoy hiking, the trails are in great shape. I would consider them 'moderate' in difficulty... but yeah, just lovely.

Overall, we would go back to enjoy the grounds and on-property hiking which is super convenient, but the resort itself is very family-resort vibe so if that's not your thing, consider going during the week and when school starts back up in the fall (?) and perhaps that would solve that problem. Mind you, we had just arrived from Ventana Big Sur so obviously the bar was high and it was a very different experience to say the least!

Staff and management are great and very responsive and overall I would rate them high.

Any other questions, let me know!
afmiami likes this.
Old Jul 19, 2020, 9:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Any other questions, let me know!
Hardware was better at Carmel or Ventana? Globalist recognition? Normal or above and beyond?
Old Jul 19, 2020, 9:42 am

@Aventine - hardware definitely better at Ventana (but that was expected). Globalist recognition was great at Carmel...upgraded to a Suite, 2pm checkout confirmed, wine amenity delivered to our room. I would say above and beyond Globalist recognition from staff and management!
Old Jul 19, 2020, 5:34 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
the resort itself is very family-resort vibe so if that's not your thing, consider going during the week and when school starts back up in the fall (?) and perhaps that would solve that problem.
I think this is currently common at most resort destinations in the US, as families are taking summer "staycations" locally. It's certainly been my experience in SoCal lately.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 4:02 pm
Community Director Emerita

We've checked in for a one night stay. A friend who is a globalist made the booking. We were upgraded to a comfortable suite in the Treetop Suites area. The balcony has a tree view, very pleasant. The bathroom has both a tub and a walk in shower. Toiletries are in large refillable bottles that remain in the suite. We were brought to the room by golf cart but it is an easy walk. The parking lot is full and we were told the property is 100% full.

The activity schedule is online: https://www.carmelvalleyranch.com/pl...ivity-calendar

We were given a paper menu as menus and magazines have been removed from the room. We were told we could have our globalist breakfast in the room or in the dining room. The in room menu is fairly unimaginative. I've no idea what it is in the restaurant.

The welcome sheet we were given says we have direct text communications with the Guest Services Team. However, we were given no number to text.
Old Jul 26, 2020, 11:39 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
The welcome sheet we were given says we have direct text communications with the Guest Services Team. However, we were given no number to text.
Staff loves this feature.
59Impala likes this.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 2:11 pm

Programs: SEN LH Hyatt Globalist AA EXP
Originally Posted by Aventine
Hardware was better at Carmel or Ventana? Globalist recognition? Normal or above and beyond?
We have just been at both. For us there is no comparison between the two, Ventana being much nicer. And if you book with points, the value that you get at Ventana is not even close, with high quality all inclusive meals. Additionally, Ventana is very peaceful, while CVR is more family oriented and much larger. Suites are also better at Ventana, but I guess it is subjective.
Old Jul 27, 2020, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by afmiami
We have just been at both. For us there is no comparison between the two, Ventana being much nicer. And if you book with points, the value that you get at Ventana is not even close, with high quality all inclusive meals. Additionally, Ventana is very peaceful, while CVR is more family oriented and much larger. Suites are also better at Ventana, but I guess it is subjective.
Now that I been to both properties, I would say they both have their pros and cons. The value is definitely better at Ventana if you book with points especially with all inclusive now as mentioned. I am not sure how nice the standard king room is in Ventana, I used points to book a suite (did not want to gamble on getting an upgrade). If we are going to compare side by side with the standard room, the Carmel room will be much bigger, there will be more activities to do in Carmel. Ventana is more a of getaway and a place to enjoy the nature and the peacefulness. So it depends on what you wanna do, both are great properties. They have different vibes
Old Jul 28, 2020, 12:09 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Great comparisons, thanks.!

Any thoughts on Highlands if you been there too?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.