Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Hotel is out of toothbrush kits...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2019, 10:17 pm
Original Poster

So am staying at a hyatt place and they tell me that they are out of toothbrushes... There is a convenience store across the street and in my mind a good service property would but some... What are your thoughts? Is it the hotels responsibility to keep these items on hand?
Old Jun 22, 2019, 10:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by ZBigFam
So am staying at a hyatt place and they tell me that they are out of toothbrushes... There is a convenience store across the street and in my mind a good service property would but some... What are your thoughts? Is it the hotels responsibility to keep these items on hand?
Not unreasonable for them to run out of them. I think way more unreasonable when the property charges for them like GH Incheon.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 1:24 am

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
they are out of toothbrushes ... in my mind a good service property would [buy] some

What are your thoughts?
... trust me, you wouldn't want to know.
DCAFly and wrldwide1 like this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 1:40 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Hyatt Place is limited service.
wrldwide1 likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 1:58 am

You're expectations are far too high for a select-service hotel. It's great if a Hyatt Place has those types of items, but it's not their responsibility to restock your toiletries.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 7:44 am

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler, *A Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hertz Five Star,
Wow, this is what is making FT posts now? OP expects way too much. FT rules prohibit me from saying anything further.
wrldwide1 likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Are they “advertising” in the bathroom that they have them available, as many similar hotels in my experience do? If so, of course they are responsible for keeping these items on hand. It’s bad customer service and poor planning to run out of these items.
Isochronous likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:10 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Meh. It's a Hyatt Place, which is at the low-end of the scale. At a high-end place, they would apologize, send someone out to buy them an have a staff person deliver the item to you on a plate with an apology. The tip would likely exceed the cost of the item.

My recommendation is not to stay at places such as HP if you want the level of service you seem to require.
BearX220 and wrldwide1 like this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 8:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
If I'm at a 3* place I certainly do not expect free toiletries on request. I am perfectly prepared to walk to a 7-Eleven if I need shaving cream.
wrldwide1 likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: Delta Plat
My question is who wants to use those toothbrush kits? Bleeding gums murphy?
Old Jun 23, 2019, 12:24 pm

If they haven't already, tell them to mobilise one of their staff and get a few spares from the store. If they don't, go all DYKWIA on them, throw in words social media influencer - that's a big thing now
wrldwide1 likes this.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 4:39 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt, AAdvantage
Just wow.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 4:44 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
Hyatt Place is limited service.

They still provide some basic items when you need them, just like all Hyatts do, but they don't have robes, slippers, etc. But I'd certainly expect to be able to get basic items like toothbrush, mouthwash, razor, etc. I'm pretty sure all Hyatt brands have that missing item list, though the list might vary based on brand.

https://www.hyatt.com/info/hyatt-has-it-program

That said, they may not be able to just buy items outside of the Hyatt purchasing system.

One of my recent HR SFO stays, the hotel was out of slippers. It was just a one-off experience there. I wondered if they had an unexpected run on slippers.

-David

Last edited by LIH Prem; Jun 23, 2019 at 4:54 pm
Old Jun 23, 2019, 4:44 pm

lol y'all being a little too tough on the OP aren't you? He asked for opinion 'cause he probably isn't sure of the answer. The consesus is clearly clear.
Old Jun 23, 2019, 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by CodeAdam10
lol y'all being a little too tough on the OP aren't you? He asked for opinion 'cause he probably isn't sure of the answer. The consesus is clearly clear.
No doubt. I don't think the op was being dykwia here and everyone just poured a huge bowl of sanctimony all over him. Calm yourselves. He just asked a simple question looking for opinions.
CodeAdam10 and Isochronous like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.