Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

New Hyatt Brand for China - UrCove

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New Hyatt Brand for China - UrCove

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2020, 3:46 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
I'm not a fan of the name at all, but the design - even if a little generic - is nice enough. Clean and modern, and easy to roll out on a mass scale as a prototype. This looks to me as Hyatt's competing offering to Fairfield by Marriott or Hampton by Hilton, and also a way for BTG Homeinn to offer a more premium product within its own brand portfolio.

Glad to see the first property. Hopefully this will give Hyatt more scale in China, and get them on an expansion drive. Still awaiting the rollout of the elusive tommie and Caption brands!

khabah
Old Jul 31, 2020, 3:57 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
I like there will be more opps for mattress runs to maintain Globalist cheaply. I did one last yr in Thailand. I'd prefer to do in Shanghai.
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 4:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by SHLTP
I like there will be more opps for mattress runs to maintain Globalist cheaply. I did one last yr in Thailand. I'd prefer to do in Shanghai.
Where exactly?
Old Jul 31, 2020, 5:21 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Qatar Airways, Hyatt, Hilton, Marriott, IHG
According to this translated TTG China article:

Before the end of this year, at least two "Yi Fei Hotels" [UrCove] will be unveiled in Shanghai. Then, they will gradually enter Nanjing, Chengdu and other regions.

khabah
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 9:20 am

Programs: ANA,Qantas,asiamiles,Royal Skies,Enrich
Looking at the room amenities seems pretty upscale
Superior room amenities
  • 55-inch smart TV
  • Capsule coffee machine
  • Free coffee capsules, teabags and soft beverages
  • Minifridge
  • In-room safe
  • Slippers
  • Hair dryer
  • Smart speaker
  • Premium skin and hair care amenities
  • Crib upon request

and the executive room has Dyson hairdryer
lsquare likes this.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 9:24 am

The design looks good from photo, and given the price of ¥6xx only, I am quite interested to have a stay there in the future if Globalists can earn points n benefits. As we all know, hotel rates in Shanghai are quite high except periods of Chinese New Year n Christmas. ¥6xx is really really attractive tbh. But of cos, as other says, I also doubt whether I can or I will travel in 2021.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by missfh
The design looks good from photo, and given the price of ¥6xx only, I am quite interested to have a stay there in the future if Globalists can earn points n benefits. As we all know, hotel rates in Shanghai are quite high except periods of Chinese New Year n Christmas. ¥6xx is really really attractive tbh. But of cos, as other says, I also doubt whether I can or I will travel in 2021.
I think someone already confirmed it. I'm ok with the design considering the starting rate is ¥600. I mean, seriously here, what are people expecting at this price range?
Old Jul 31, 2020, 7:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by teo1991
Looking at the room amenities seems pretty upscale
Superior room amenities
  • 55-inch smart TV
  • Capsule coffee machine
  • Free coffee capsules, teabags and soft beverages
  • Minifridge
  • In-room safe
  • Slippers
  • Hair dryer
  • Smart speaker
  • Premium skin and hair care amenities
  • Crib upon request

and the executive room has Dyson hairdryer
Sounds pretty good to me.
Old Jul 31, 2020, 7:25 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by Xiaotung
If not mistaken, all Hampton hotels in China have already joined Honors. I believe their original plan to create a separate loyalty programme failed to take off and now all properties are participating in Honors.

UrCove does feel like a Hampton or a Courtyard. Of course, when you think of Hampton or Courtyard, the Asian version is considerably different and much more upper scale than those in North America.

In China, Hampton and Courtyard are full service and definitely sit above Fairfield or HIX. I spoke to the owner of a Courtyard in Northern China the other day when I complimented his property that could have easily been a Renaissance or Sheraton, he told me the only reason why he chose the Courtyard brand was so that it would be considered below 5 Star and many government officials and business travellers can only stay below 5 Star hotels and he would have lost these guests.
Bizarre Chinese government rules... indeed. You're pretty right that all Hampton Inn have joined Honors (Bookable with points, etc).
lsquare and strickerj like this.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 12:42 am

Originally Posted by lsquare
I think someone already confirmed it. I'm ok with the design considering the starting rate is ¥600. I mean, seriously here, what are people expecting at this price range?
I read from Chinese forum that seems Globalists have free breakfast only, no lounge access (not sure if there will be a lounge as well). But let’s see, since the policy changes from time to time. Will wait for their reports.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 12:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by missfh
I read from Chinese forum that seems Globalists have free breakfast only, no lounge access (not sure if there will be a lounge as well). But let’s see, since the policy changes from time to time. Will wait for their reports.
That’s what I recalled reading as well. I don’t know if there will be a lounge, but I’m not expecting a whole lot at ¥600/night.
Old Aug 1, 2020, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA Plat MM, AA Gold MM, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist
When I'm in Asia, I prefer to stay at the nicer high end hotels for the luxury that I can't get in the US for $200 (Hyatt Place San Jose was about $300). Grand Hyatt and Andaz Shanghai are the ones I stayed at last year. But if I live in China, then I might consider lower price point for EQN.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 12:02 am

UrCove Shanghai Jing'an now bookable for stays from 01 Oct 2020: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ch...shanghai/uc002
Old Aug 5, 2020, 12:18 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
UrCove Shanghai Jing'an now bookable for stays from 01 Oct 2020: https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/ch...shanghai/uc002
The rooms look much nicer than a Hyatt Place for being a Category 1.

Any reason I’m not seeing the prices are fairly low? Also, if anyone knows how far this property is from Shanghai Disney that’d be appreciated considering a stay in 2021.
Old Aug 5, 2020, 12:41 am

Programs: Delta PM Hyatt Diamond SPG Plat Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Matt4200
The rooms look much nicer than a Hyatt Place for being a Category 1.

Any reason I’m not seeing the prices are fairly low? Also, if anyone knows how far this property is from Shanghai Disney that’d be appreciated considering a stay in 2021.

This hotel is in Puxi, which is on the other side of the river. With public transportation I would guess 90 minutes away from Disney.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.