Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Thompson Zihuatanejo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Thompson Zihuatanejo REVIEW MASTER THREAD

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2021, 12:16 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Originally Posted by mstraveler
La Casa will arrange for someone to come to the hotel to do the testing for us for the return trip.
Abbott BinaxNow self test kit (only) from emed.com. Take however many you need with you. $30 a pop, results in 15 minutes. Wife and I have used them several times now.

La Casa, ummm, so tasty. Jealous!
Old Apr 5, 2021, 1:37 pm

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
Originally Posted by LoungeLizardHugo
Abbott BinaxNow self test kit (only) from emed.com. Take however many you need with you. $30 a pop, results in 15 minutes. Wife and I have used them several times now.

La Casa, ummm, so tasty. Jealous!
Wow, sounds great. Have you used them to come back into the US or to get into Mexico? And the spring specials need to be booked by the end of April and used by the end of May. Quite a deal!
Old Apr 5, 2021, 1:40 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Wow, sounds great. Have you used them to come back into the US or to get into Mexico? And the spring specials need to be booked by the end of April and used by the end of May. Quite a deal!
You don't need a test to get into Mexico (but you do need one to return to the US).

The Abbott test is covered by insurance too so you should be able to get it for $0 after you claim through your insurance company (assuming you're eligible).
Old Apr 5, 2021, 1:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Lifetime Globalist
Wow, sounds great. Have you used them to come back into the US or to get into Mexico?
All counties entry requirements are a PCR test, as far as I know. The Binax is an antigen test. As noted above you don't need a test to enter MX. I used the self test to come back to USA from DXB (Emirates) and CAI (Qatar). You should clearly understand US law and be prepared to explain to the ticket agent why your test is valid for travel. It is fully compliant.

US entry rules:https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/fr-pr...tive-test.html

Print and prefill your Attestations as well if you really want to streamline the current USA reentry theatre.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 2:48 pm

Programs: Four Seasons Aviara (owner), Starwood, Marriott, Hyatt, Hertz President's Circle, United MP 30+ yrs
All counties entry requirements are a PCR test, as far as I know. The Binax is an antigen test. As noted above you don't need a test to enter MX. I used the self test to come back to USA from DXB (Emirates) and CAI (Qatar). You should clearly understand US law and be prepared to explain to the ticket agent why your test is valid for travel. It is fully compliant.

Print and prefill your Attestations as well if you really want to streamline the current USA reentry theatre.
Thank you. I finally figured out all the Hawaii regulation (no test required for re-entry to the US, but the islands had different regulations when we were there earlier in the year) and now on to Mexico and a new set of them! Worth fussing with to spend one of those birthdays with a 0 at La Casa.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 6:54 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum, Hilton Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Starwood Gold
Is La Casa Que Canta now a Thompson?
Old Apr 5, 2021, 7:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP, BA Gold, VS Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by stvr
Is La Casa Que Canta now a Thompson?
No! It’s an SLH property.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 8:05 pm

Had you read the FAQ on the very link you provided, you would see that antigen tests are in fact valid to return to the US.

What types of SARS-CoV-2 test are acceptable under the Order?
Passengers must be tested with a viral test that could be either an antigen test or a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT). Examples of available NAATs for SARS-CoV-2 include but are not restricted to reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR), reverse transcription loop-mediated isothermal amplification (RT-LAMP), transcription-mediated amplification (TMA), nicking enzyme amplification reaction (NEAR), and helicase-dependent amplification (HDA). The test used must be authorized for use by the relevant national authority for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 in the country where the test is administered. A viral test conducted for U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) personnel, including DOD contractors, dependents, and other U.S. government employees, and tested by a DOD laboratory located in a foreign country also meets the requirements of the Order.

Can I get a rapid test?
Rapid tests are acceptable as long as they are a viral test acceptable under the Order.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 8:48 pm

You should clearly understand US law and be prepared to explain to the ticket agent why your test is valid for travel. It is fully compliant.
I took LoungeLizardHugo's advice to mean that I should know that the antigen tests are fully compliant because the agent checking me in might well not!
Old May 2, 2021, 4:27 pm

Broadening this post a bit, we are arriving soon for a week (would have been longer but no flights, inconvenient as they are.)

Aside fro the La Casa resort (and I am quite sure the Thompson is just as lovely) what have you found in terms of activities? We are only there a week, and don't have grand ambitions, but are there some things we should seek out other than lunch in town, walks on the beach etc? We are not getting a car but don't mind renting one for a day or three depending on safety.
Old May 2, 2021, 4:53 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Aside fro the La Casa resort (and I am quite sure the Thompson is just as lovely)
I believe the LCQC is in a class all its own.... rated one of the best resorts in Mexico...the Thompson ( last time we stayed there it was Villa De Sol) has the sole advantage of being right on the beach. There are numerous online posts comparing the two if you really want to know how they stack up.
Old May 2, 2021, 5:44 pm

Originally Posted by david55
I believe the LCQC is in a class all its own.... rated one of the best resorts in Mexico...the Thompson ( last time we stayed there it was Villa De Sol) has the sole advantage of being right on the beach. There are numerous online posts comparing the two if you really want to know how they stack up.
Actually david55, we have already booked La Casa. My question is about what there is to do for activities in the general Zihuatanejo area. Sorry for being off topic from the original thread. Thought from people who have stayed at either resort might have some wisdom. We may just hang out with some forays into town, but wondered if there are some things worth visiting.
Old May 2, 2021, 6:50 pm
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Actually david55, we have already booked La Casa. My question is about what there is to do for activities in the general Zihuatanejo area. Sorry for being off topic from the original thread. Thought from people who have stayed at either resort might have some wisdom. We may just hang out with some forays into town, but wondered if there are some things worth visiting.
Brilliant. Very envious. Enjoy.
Old Feb 24, 2022, 9:18 am

15% amenity fee really adds up on suites. Is this waived for globalists?
Skink likes this.
Old Jun 22, 2022, 8:31 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Got an upcoming stay here in a Lagoon Suite. Does anyone have suggestions for specific suites in that category to request? I'm thinking second/upper floor for more privacy and hopes that the plunge pool will be in the sun so that it's not freezing cold, but any other/more specific tips would be appreciated, as the resort map suggests there are quite a few such suites.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.