Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

10% of redeemed points back 7/1 - 9/2/19 for Hyatt CC holders

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

10% of redeemed points back 7/1 - 9/2/19 for Hyatt CC holders

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2019, 7:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by strife
I was unaware of the 2 night credit per $5k spend. I am already LTG, but it might still provide me some benefit - I only anticipate around 70 nights per year for this year and next, so it could help me hit more TSU/10k point bonuses.

Unfortunately the Cat 4 awards are not useful for me as I typically do not stay at properties within those categories, and when I do, I prefer to book a suite outright.
Sounds like this card is not particularly suited to you. But if you are staying that much at Hyatts for cash, you could still accumulate a lot of extra points at 4x vs CSR URs at 3x. And surely you have friends/relatives/associates who could use cat 4 stays. Sometimes they are useful for airport overnights where you just want to crash for 8 hours.

There are some great cat 4s (or less) around, like the new Chicago Athletic Association Hyatt (has recently been over $300 a night, and in a great location) and that cat 2 in Budapest that was revalued to a cat 5 all at once.
Old Jul 30, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: United 1K 2MM - Jet Blue Mosaic - Hyatt LTG - Marriott Plat - Hertz PC
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Sounds like this card is not particularly suited to you. But if you are staying that much at Hyatts for cash, you could still accumulate a lot of extra points at 4x vs CSR URs at 3x. And surely you have friends/relatives/associates who could use cat 4 stays. Sometimes they are useful for airport overnights where you just want to crash for 8 hours.
Friends/family is pretty much the only thing I use the Cat 1-4 certs on. I may have some Cat 4 stays coming up and and will take the advice from @josephstern to book with the certs and ask to pay cash for an upgrade.

The problem for me with the WoH card vs URs is that I value URs higher since I typically transfer for premium cabin air travel awards. I am still very points-heavy in my Hyatt account so I do not ever transfer points into Hyatt. If I were short on Hyatt points or would need to transfer URs to Hyatt, the 4x on WoH card would be much more attractive.
Old Aug 3, 2019, 9:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by RMZ2006
Closes the 3rd of the month. So maybe everything will post next week.
Good luck. Mine closed and nothing posted. Maybe for August then.
Old Aug 5, 2019, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
Good luck. Mine closed and nothing posted. Maybe for August then.
Same. No 10% rebate just yet. I'm four weeks from the conclusion of the stays, so I'm guessing the points will hit my account before or when my next statement closes in the first few days of September. That would be right in line with the 6-8 weeks quoted in the terms.
Old Aug 6, 2019, 5:03 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
I had a stay around the 4th of July and my credit card statement just cut the other day, but no 10% points back posted yet.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 4:58 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
One recent data point. I checked out from my last award stay on 7/15. For that award stay, 10%-back "Reward Bonus" points posted to my WoH account on 8/9.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 7:32 pm

Bleh ... Hyatt CC statement just closed but no rebate points. Now I'm owed nearly 20K points thus far. Somehow I feel I'll have to request a manual adjustment, similarly to last year.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:17 am

Programs: SW A-List, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Elite, Hilton Gold
Received 10% points for a couple stays at the end of the July. However, I did book a couple reward stays in March 2019 for the same hotels during the end of July period which I did not receive any points for yet. I booked these when I didn't have the Hyatt Chase (Only got card in June) but used the card at checkin. Per the terms, I don't see how these would be excluded. Wonder if they will count.

Last edited by UCSBCHRIS2002; Aug 12, 2019 at 11:34 am
Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Bonvoy Plat, HHonors Diamond, DL Gold
Originally Posted by UCSBCHRIS2002
Received 10% points for a couple stays at the end of the July. However, I did book a couple reward stays in March 2019 for the same hotels during the end of July period which I did not receive any points for yet. I booked these when I didn't have the Hyatt Chase but used the card at checkin. Per the terms, I don't see how these would be excluded. Wonder if they will count.

The terms for the Chase Hyatt 10% back promo state the following:
"Only points redeemed between July 1, 2019 and September 2, 2019 will be eligible for this promotion."

If the stay was booked in March, the stay might not qualify to receive the bonus due to a March "Award Issued" date. Since the end of July is fairly recent, there is also the possibility that the points might arrive later.
Old Aug 12, 2019, 11:46 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Originally Posted by conde
The terms for the Chase Hyatt 10% back promo state the following:
"Only points redeemed between July 1, 2019 and September 2, 2019 will be eligible for this promotion."

If the stay was booked in March, the stay might not qualify to receive the bonus due to a March "Award Issued" date. Since the end of July is fairly recent, there is also the possibility that the points might arrive later.
I don't think this is the case at all. When the stay was booked has no relevance based on how such promos worked in the past if I recall. It's the dates of the stay that matters.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by RMZ2006
Had a 12k redemption checking out 7/6 and a 125k redemption checking out 7/11. Nothing yet.
I called Explorist line today to inquire about the timeline here, mentioning that I was aware of others receiving points credited back for stays completed after mine in early July. Rep took the details and after a short hold had manually credited the points to my account.

Last edited by RMZ2006; Aug 14, 2019 at 1:57 pm Reason: .
Old Aug 18, 2019, 3:05 pm

DP:
Redeemed 94,500 points and received 6,800 points back as of today. Still missing 2,650 points for two stays in the first week of July.
Old Aug 19, 2019, 12:16 pm

Another DP:

Had a bunch of stays in late July post 8/15, but I noticed some early July stays didn't so I called the concierge line. She said I'd need to wait another couple of weeks before asking them to be added.

Interesting though, talked with her a bit about it. ZOMG, the thing is entirely *hand* entered. She said due to privacy concerns, Chase's and Hyatt's systems can't electronically post these. It's 2019 people, come on and figure it out already.
Old Aug 24, 2019, 9:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
When does your Hyatt CC statement close? Might be related to that.

Let's see, I redeemed a night at PH Tokyo last weekend (c/o Sunday) and statement closes tomorrow. Not expecting anything this fast though.
My points just hit. Doesn't seem to be related to statement closure. Took them exactly 5 weeks.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 3:23 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
Edited post: jumped the gun. Still waiting on my points refund on a stay from 8/12-8/16

Last edited by reigndrop; Aug 26, 2019 at 4:08 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.