Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Delay in posting free annual credit card night?

Delay in posting free annual credit card night?

Old Jun 12, 2019, 1:53 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Question Delay in posting free annual credit card night?

I have the old Hyatt card. Last year my free night certificate was posted on June 9th. I was expecting to recieve this year annual credit card night posted by now - but it has not.

Any recent experiences? The annual fee postd on July 1st - but prior Chase experiencess say the night posts prior to the annual fee posting (heck, my Marriott free night had just posted, even thorugh the annual fee is not due till Septemebr - something went array when I've upgraded the Marriott card and the annual fee lags 3 months now - but was supposed to post on July 1st as well).
Old Jun 12, 2019, 5:59 pm

If I had to guess I would say they got tired of paying for all the free nights. A lot of people were cancelling the card the next day without paying the AF.
Old Jun 12, 2019, 8:01 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Spire, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bbbb
If I had to guess I would say they got tired of paying for all the free nights. A lot of people were cancelling the card the next day without paying the AF.
Right, these free nights now post up to 8 weeks after the annual fee posts. (They're still good for 12 months, they just don't post until after people have had to pay the AF.)
Old Jun 24, 2019, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
Update - the free night had been posted 2 weeks later then expected. But still before the annual fee had posted.
Old Jun 24, 2019, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Same here. I always used to get my free night in January (card anniversary date) but this year it posted late March/early April. Annoying because with the change in Categories I was no longer able to use it at the HR Hong Kong TST.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 7:04 pm
Original Member

I just called and asked about the anniversary night and was given the "up to 8 weeks" answer.

Related question: exactly what date does the clock start for the next free night for $15k of spend? Is it when the $95 renewal is charged? The CS rep told me that my anniversary is "the month of August". That doesn't help, as I soon have a large purchase that I want to apply to my next year's spend.
Old Aug 1, 2019, 8:43 pm
Suspended

The anniversary date should be the date on which you opened the card. You should be able to find that in your email or on a credit report.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Fairmont Lifetime Plat, UA Silver, dirt elsewhere
I received my anniversary night within a week. BUT, I crossed another $5k mark on the 24th bill closing and the 2 stay credits still haven't shown up. Normally they show up almost immediately.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:22 pm

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globlist, Hilton Silver, Amtrak Select Plus, UA Silver
from CC agent response:

Please allow up to 10 weeks after your cardmember
anniversary each year for your Free Night Award to be
issued to you. ("Anniversary" is the date that is twelve
months after your account open date, and the same date
each twelve months thereafter.) This information can be
confirmed on www.chase.com.

Looks like they are cracking down...
Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:11 pm
Suspended

Can't really blame them. (Mine hasn't posted, either.)

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.