Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Hyatt | World of Hyatt
Reload this Page >

Should I be an Explorist? - Trial Promo Question

Old Jun 4, 19, 9:37 am
Original Poster

I received the Explorist trial from March-May and received an e-mail stating:

"Since March 1, you've stayed 9 qualifying nights. You need 1 more qualifying night including your award nights by May 31, 2019 to continue enjoying the rewards and benefits of your Explorist status."

I booked a room at our local Hyatt and stayed on the night of the 31st. When I checked my status the next day, however, I was back down to being a Discoverist. I e-mailed and called World of Hyatt and both stated there is nothing they can do. They said "Since your check out was on Saturday, 01 June 2019 we would be unable to upgrade the tier."

This seems ridiculous to me and has put a sour taste in my mouth about World of Hyatt. Should I legitimately be upset?
Old Jun 4, 19, 9:54 am
formerly a193991
Hyatt 5+ BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist
this is pretty much standard with promotions at Hyatt. check out date determines eligibility. I feel sorry for you.
Old Jun 4, 19, 9:57 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by 59Impala View Post
this is pretty much standard with promotions at Hyatt. check out date determines eligibility. sorry for you.
Thanks for responding, 59Impala. That stinks. I wouldn't think that a qualifying 'night' would matter when check out was.
Old Jun 4, 19, 11:41 am

Programs: World of Hyatt, AAdvantage
Yep, always the date of checkout. They adhere to that rule for everything.
Old Jun 4, 19, 11:22 pm

It's pretty clearly spelled out in the T&Cs, I don't think you have a real reason to blame WOH.

Search this Thread