Stay / Points Not Credited

Old May 30, 2019, 1:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Royal Ambassador, Le Club Accor Gold, Shangrila Golden Circles Diamond
Stay / Points Not Credited

I booked two rooms in Hyatt City of Dreams , Manila [For myself and a relative]

I was present at Check-In but couldn't be physically present for check out (as I was in a meeting). The check-out option was not available on the app thus I asked my relative to check-out for both of us.

He did so and settled the room with his credit card.

No stay / points were credited to my account. When I contacted Hyatt (thru messenger), they advised that I should have stayed and PAID for my room to be eligible for points and since the credit card used to settle the fees was not under my name, the stay was not eligible.

Is it really the way ?
Old May 30, 2019, 1:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Yes. Member must pay.

This rule isn't always enforced, but after the fact there's little to be done.
Old May 30, 2019, 1:37 am

Programs: DL Gold, B6 Mosaic, WoH Explorist, IHG Gold, Hertz PC, CET 7*, MLIFE Plat, Cosmo Gold
Unfortunately, yes. Pretty sure that's the general rule across all hotel programs AFAIK. Looking at the Hyatt T&C's for earning points, it specifically points out that in order for a member to earn points, it must be in the member's name. The below excerpt was pulled from Hyatt website.

3. Charges Billed to Member. In order for a Member to earn points, the bill for qualifying charges must be in that Members name and the Member must personally pay for all charges (i.e., the charges are paid by the Member in cash, using a payment device for which the Member is the named account holder or an authorized signatory, or are billed back to Members company or organization for payment and are not settled to a master account/posting master). A Member will only earn points for qualifying charges after the Member completes his/her stay and is checked out of the applicable hotel, resort, or other participating property.

Did you not have a CC on file with Hyatt? Many times, I don't even check out unless I have issues with charges on my room. I just leave and hotels will just auto check you out after a certain time and charge your CC on file.
Old May 30, 2019, 4:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by easy_money
...........Did you not have a CC on file with Hyatt? Many times, I don't even check out unless I have issues with charges on my room. I just leave and hotels will just auto check you out after a certain time and charge your CC on file.
Hyatt City of Dreams is in the Philippines. Banks in Philippines, and many other countries in Asia and Africa, will not allow charges without a signed or PIN verified slip.
easy_money and MSPeconomist like this.
Old May 30, 2019, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tarek.h
.......He did so and settled the room with his credit card.........Is it really the way ?
Yes. That's the rules. How did you settle your bill with your relative? Did you reimburse him/her in cash? The way to reverse it is to pay for hotel bill yourself. Most hotels will work with you and re-billed your credit card while crediting back your relative's. Of course, you need to go back to Hyatt City of Dreams, perhaps on next trip, for this.
Old May 31, 2019, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Royal Ambassador, Le Club Accor Gold, Shangrila Golden Circles Diamond
My credit card was on file but they wanted they physical card and my signature at check out ... (Not Logical as I could have checked out via the app had it been working)

Anyway, it was just a one night stay, I will just be more careful next time
Old May 31, 2019, 7:57 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: DREAD Gold; UA 1.035MM; Bonvoy Au-197; PCC Elite+; CCC Elite+; MSC C-12; CWC Au-197; WoH Dis
Originally Posted by tarek.h
(Not Logical as I could have checked out via the app had it been working)
It sounds like the app was working fine. Not all properties allow for remote checkout, for the same reason that they needed the physical card.
Old May 31, 2019, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by mahasamatman
It sounds like the app was working fine. Not all properties allow for remote checkout, for the same reason that they needed the physical card.
I wonder what would have happened if the OP just walked out of the hotel without checking out?
Old May 31, 2019, 8:10 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Fly Me To The Moon
I wonder what would have happened if the OP just walked out of the hotel without checking out?
In some places, the hotel would call the police.
Old May 31, 2019, 8:22 am

Please. I leave without going by the desk all the time at hotels. That's why I leave my card on file, leave my card at check in, have it listed in my account, etc.
Old May 31, 2019, 8:47 am

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by antonius66
Please. I leave without going by the desk all the time at hotels. That's why I leave my card on file, leave my card at check in, have it listed in my account, etc.
This works fine *in MOST countries* but in some places, it's not allowed.
TerryK likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 12:57 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
This works fine *in MOST countries* but in some places, it's not allowed.
^
MSPeconomist likes this.
Old May 31, 2019, 12:58 pm

Programs: Marriott LT Tit; Hyatt Explorist; Hilton CC Gold; IHG CC Plt; Hertz (MR) 5 star
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Yes. Member must pay.

This rule isn't always enforced, but after the fact there's little to be done.
That's in the T&C of every hotel loyalty program I've ever belonged to.
TerryK likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.